Is Blizzard done with race/class combos?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 15 Next
02/29/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Viviornitier
How does Panda Rogue make sense? How can a panda hide? How does a Tauren Monk make sense? They could barely life their legs that high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFicOkR18A

You rock. <3

Rebuttle?
The Horde needs another Druid race.
Why Gnome and not Goblin?
02/29/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Odietamo

Gnomes are the least represented race in the game.

If all races are exactly the same, why are you playing different races?

Racial abilities like Warstomp and Shadowmeld still set the races apart, even if every class is available for every race.

@Martouff: I mean, why allow Gnomes to be Monks, but not Goblins? I don't know of a lore reason why Gnomes would be, but not Goblins. Seems to me neither should be, but maybe that's the Everquest player in me. In any case, I do think that Goblins should be able to be Monks if Gnomes can.
Still hoping for gnome paladins/hunters.
Moreso hunters

Gnomes can never be hunters. They're too short to use a bow.

Say whaaaaat? Goblins would like to have a word with you, and show you their bow.
@Martouff: I mean, why allow Gnomes to be Monks, but not Goblins? I don't know of a lore reason why Gnomes would be, but not Goblins. Seems to me neither should be, but maybe that's the Everquest player in me. In any case, I do think that Goblins should be able to be Monks if Gnomes can.

Oh, they just stated that neither of the Cata races would get them. I don't remember why though.

Gnomes and Goblins don't share class availability though. Gnomes can't be Hunters or Shaman, while Goblins can. Don't ask me why though......
Are there really any race/class combos not already in the game that would be worth adding? They introduced way too many with Cata; how about cutting some of them out again?

I say this with love, because I know you care about spelling. It's "pandaren", not "pandaran". *hug*

Fixed it. I'm blaming tooth pain for the incorrect spelling. I'm going to now curl up under my desk in a ball and shiver for my infraction. :(

I say this with love, because I know you care about spelling. It's "pandaren", not "pandaran". *hug*

Fixed it. I'm blaming tooth pain for the incorrect spelling. I'm going to now curl up under my desk in a ball and shiver for my infraction. :(

He retreats!

/equipslot 16 [Giant Tooth Puller of Doom]
He retreats!

/equipslot 16 [Giant Tooth Sc@!@@r of Doom]

The candle's a she, pal.
02/29/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Azreluna
Are there really any race/class combos not already in the game that would be worth adding? They introduced way too many with Cata; how about cutting some of them out again?

Worth adding? Absolutely.

Gnome Hunters, Gnome Paladins, Gnome Shaman.. just to name a few.
Gnome Hunters could easily be added with zero stretch of existing lore and a ton of them already exist in the game as NPCS. I even made a thread about it on the Mists of Pandaria forums.
02/29/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Nethaera
So, as the title says, can I still hope that they'll add more race/class combos? :)

Well, we're adding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/pandaren/"]pandaren[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/monk/"]monk [/url]in [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/"]Mists of Pandaria[/url] and the monk class will be available to all races save for goblin and worgen, so you could say that, "yes, we're still adding new race/class combos." That said, we want to make sure that when we add things like this that they make sense for the longevity of the game so we can't make any guarantees as to what or how often these will be added into the game. Balancing new classes into the game is a bit more difficult than adding a new race, but there are obviously complexities to both.

Please, oh please!!! Consider removing all race / class combo restrictions!
02/29/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Nethaera
Would a Gnome monk be Yoda!light?

I have no doubt that should the name "yogurt" not be taken by the time the combo is available, it will be shortly thereafter.

And I would NOT be surprised if there is a guild by the name of "May The Schwartz Be With You" soon.
He retreats!

/equipslot 16 [Giant Tooth Sc@!@@r of Doom]

The candle's a she, pal.

O.o

What a nice... flame... she has.
02/29/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Nethaera
Would a Gnome monk be Yoda!light?

I have no doubt that should the name "yogurt" not be taken by the time the combo is available, it will be shortly thereafter.

Yogurt? I HATE YOGURT! Even with strawberries...
02/29/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Camelhoarder
I want to see an Enhancement Gnome Shaman.

just no!

no more gnome anything. Gnomes still in game is bad enough they don'e need any more class additions.
02/29/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Martouff

Gnomes are the least represented race in the game.

that's not a bad thing the less gnomes the better.