Bottled Wishes or VPLC?

Priest
I've skimmed the first 2 pages to see if this was covered, didn't see anything related, so I decided to ask the title question. A little bit of background info: I've healed this entire expansion, played shadow all of wrath however. I'm putting together an offspec dps set, and after doing shadow in LFR in my mostly healer gear I did pretty well. My choice is between using Bottled Wishes, macro'd into AA, which also brings me up to the extra DP and VT tick haste levels (which i don't reach without it, i won't have DI) **OR** Just using VPLC with the passive Int and competitive proc.

Fellow Priests, would you be kind enough to answer this question? Thanks in advance.
Generally, if you can hit 3202 haste with bottled wishes, use it. If not, it's (usually) a dps loss.

If you want to know the real answer, simcraft is that way --------->
Bottled Wishes blows...period.

It should have Int instead of spell power, like the other trinket in the class have agility and str. And the /use should be 25 secs instead of 15 secs to be in league of the other 397 trinkets.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1179#iTrinket
Scroll down a little you'll see it in the list...lol
03/01/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Beridian
which i don't reach without it, i won't have DI

You can't reach the 2nd DP tick with DI, you must have 3202 haste period.
you must have 3202 haste period.

u dont NEED 3202 haste. i dont have it and i know a lot who dont.

03/05/2012 02:15 AMPosted by Moonjit
Bottled Wishes blows...period.

agreed. no question, aweful trinket.
03/05/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Mcnuget
you must have 3202 haste period.

u dont NEED 3202 haste. i dont have it and i know a lot who dont..

The first part of his sentence is critical to understanding the second half.
I'd use the VLPC. When you get your 4pc bonus, you might want to try out the foul gift of the demon lord, but it probably won't give you more dps than the VLPC.
03/05/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Meioh

JS even if u CAN hit 3202 w bottled wishes its not worth using. 3202 isnt a magic mark w a huge dps gain its a boost to imp dp something ur really not gonna notice all that much besides a heavy movement fight like h morchok. imo better off going w a lower haste setup and using a decent trinket.

JS even if u CAN hit 3202 w bottled wishes its not worth using. 3202 isnt a magic mark w a huge dps gain its a boost to imp dp something ur really not gonna notice all that much besides a heavy movement fight like h morchok. imo better off going w a lower haste setup and using a decent trinket.

This is the point that Wtborbs was making: In order increase the damage that Devouring Plague does on cast (the "Improved" portion of it) you MUST have 3202 haste rating. That is for the second increase. That threshold is not reduced by Dark Intent, Mind Quickening or by the Goblin Racial.

He was not, in my understanding, making a judgement call about whether or not it was favorable to do so.

For reference: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1194#p8168