Resurrect Your Friend. What?

General Discussion
When your friend accepts your invitation and returns to WoW, he or she immediately receives the following FREE rewards:

• One character boosted to level 80
• FREE upgrade to Cataclysm
• 7 FREE days of game time
• FREE character move to your realm and faction so you can play together

There seems to be countless posts regarding the SoR. And rightfully so. Most are negative towards it while some are positive towards it. My take as of late is its fine. I dont mind people sending a SoR to a friend or even to thier own additional closed/unsubbed account.

Out of the list above, what does piss me off is the fact that this SoR seems to be geard to those whom quit either in Vanilla, BC or Wrath. I dont know about any of you all, but I paid $40 for my Cata expansion as well as $40 for WotLK, $30 for BC and $20 for Vanilla. Yes, I spent $130 + tax for all of it, 4 damn times for 4 accounts. Mine, my fiancee', my sons and my fiancee' daughter so we all can play together. Thats a hell of alot of money I shelled out at one time. Thats not including the $60/mo I spend to keep those going.

I have server transfered a few toons and even faction changed a few at $25 a pop, yet SoR allows it for free? Yes, I know its on the character that is accepting the SoR only, but thats beside the point. I and many, many others have paid for this service. What about all those existing players that are begging for a transfer off dead realms? Blizzard does not think of them do they!

Getting to the FREE Cata expansion. This is utter BS. Im wondering, if said SoR person quit in BC, yet gets Cata free, does that mean they get to skip WotLK xpac? If so, I think you owe everyone who paid for WotLK a refund. Thats 4 for me please!

Ive stuck with this game through good times, bad times, and worst of times. I have been LOYAL to your freaking company for 6 years. I dont play other games as my time is limited anyhow. Family, job, real life comes before a game mind you. But still, Ive stuck with it. I did recently try Rift, got a couple toons to 30 and decided, nope, too slow and clunky for me. But I never unsubbed, I still paid my $60 a month.

I understand your a business and need to make money. But shafting your existing loyal customers who have stood by you for years is just wrong. And you used no vaseline or any form of lubrication, OUCH!

I am outraged at this tatic. A free mount? No issue with me, a free 7 days? Again no issue with me. But FREE paid-for-service AND an expansion? That does not make me a happy customer.

I am going to be $100 richer today though. Last Sat I bought my other son the Battlechest edition + Wrath + Cata for his upcoming birthday. Ill be returning those today and get him something else, perhaps Rift or SW:TOR or even spend a bit more and get him the XBox 360 he's been eyeing.

Again, I feel youve crossed the line here with all these incentives and free stuff Blizzard. How about you make it up to us LOYAL, LONGTIME, NEVER UNSUBBED customers and give US (not those that got a SoR) MoP? How about it Blizz? Or give us a 75% or even 50% discount coupon towards MoP? And alos give those people whom have been begging for ages to get thier toons off dead realms the option to do so, for free!

/end
I wish people would read things thoroughly...

The person GRANTING the resurrection gets the mount. NOT the returning player.

Question, you paid full price for all expansions, right? So when they put them on sale for the holidays this year, did that outrage you? Because they weren't already loyal players and got a steep discount on all xpacs?

And how is this really causing you problems in game? As a loyal customer, they offered the Annual Pass with the mount, free Diablo III, beta testing for MoP...

And what about the loyal customers that this benefits? Say you and a friend started together in Vanilla. Your friend stopped playing for whatever reason, say school, work, money issues, whatever. You've been trying to get them back into playing now that those issues are gone from their life and they're unsure about dropping that much money on playing again when they're not 100% sure they want to yet. With the SoR option, LOYAL players that had friends once playing can now have their friends back immediately without having to convince them to spend the money and the time to level high enough to play with them again.

I see a benefit to the loyal players as well as those who left to begin with...
Because the annual pass to continue playing WoW as normal, and getting for Diablo II for free and a guaranteed entrance to the MoP beta to get to play a panda before anyone else totally isn't any form of reward. Plus a stupid mount, but who cares about that?

Gotta love the fact that people never begged to get some sort of handout just for playin' until the Scroll came out again.
Because the annual pass to continue playing WoW as normal, and getting for Diablo II for free and a guaranteed entrance to the MoP beta to get to play a panda before anyone else totally isn't any form of reward. Plus a stupid mount, but who cares about that?

Gotta love the fact that people never begged to get some sort of handout just for playin' until the Scroll came out again.

Because not all people can join the annual pass promotion?
03/08/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Barracuda
Because not all people can join the annual pass promotion?
Makes sense. Because that's rewarding specifically the loyal subscribers that have been around a long while with the option to take that offer instead of just everyone.

Tadaa. See what I did there?
Marked as spam
Relax! This is normal SAVE THE GAME tactics. This is what game companies do when faced with big losses. Gotta read between the lines here, alot bigger things happening behind the scenes then we are privy to :)
There seems to be countless posts regarding the SoR. And rightfully so. Most are facepalming at the stupidity of the whiners while some are putting their stupidity on display.

Fixed that for you.
I saw a screen shot the other day, and someone got free artisan first aid too.
This is an OUTRAGE!!!
03/08/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Astraeä
My post is my opinion only and does not reflect yours or anyone elses opinion.

And posting your opinion on a public forum allows for others to also express their opinions as comments to your original post. If they missed the point, then explain further if you really want to get the point across to everyone.

(And maybe they aren't "missing" the point to your post... maybe they just don't agree with your opinion.)
I should have known you guys were going to take that seriously. You really will cry about the smallest things then, won't you?
I saw a screen shot the other day, and someone got free artisan first aid too.
This is an OUTRAGE!!!

That brings up another issue. Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe that the person accepting the SoR also gets free Epic riding as well. I recall reading that somewhere but cant remember exactly where. Can anyone confirm or deny that with source?

I can confirm it. I SoR'd an old RAF account I had.
You know, we also get 20 slot bags too.
03/08/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Astraeä
Getting to the FREE Cata expansion. This is utter BS. Im wondering, if said SoR person quit in BC, yet gets Cata free, does that mean they get to skip WotLK xpac? If so, I think you owe everyone who paid for WotLK a refund. Thats 4 for me please!

If you're gonna whine for $70, go get a better job.

I am outraged at this tatic. A free mount? No issue with me, a free 7 days? Again no issue with me. But FREE paid-for-service AND an expansion? That does not make me a happy customer.

I get to choose between a fresh 80 or a free transfer, not both. Also, if $30 cause you so much angst go get a better job.

03/08/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Spoxx
Relax! This is normal SAVE THE GAME tactics. This is what game companies do when faced with big losses. Gotta read between the lines here, alot bigger things happening behind the scenes then we are privy to :)

3% of the total paying player base is not a big losses in anyone's book. This is a strategy to get people back in the game for the expansion.

03/08/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Astraeä
I know the person who sends the SoR is the only one that gets the mount. My main gripe is the free paid-for-services of the recieving SoR person as well as free expansion. Especially when you have loads of people BEGGING to get off a dead realm.

I thought you were enraged by the $100 Blizzard just stole form you. Now you're advocating for those in dead realms? Make up your mind.

03/08/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Astraeä
That brings up another issue. Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe that the person accepting the SoR also gets free Epic riding as well. I recall reading that somewhere but cant remember exactly where. Can anyone confirm or deny that with source?

We get Artisan Riding. You're gonna complain about 1000 Gold too?
03/08/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Calystazura
My post is my opinion only and does not reflect yours or anyone elses opinion.

And posting your opinion on a public forum allows for others to also express their opinions as comments to your original post. If they missed the point, then explain further if you really want to get the point across to everyone.

(And maybe they aren't "missing" the point to your post... maybe they just don't agree with your opinion.)

Also, we don't need a new post for everyone to express their QQ. There are plenty of existing threads for you to complain in. Flooding the forums with the same topic over and over again no matter how much you feel like you have been wronged is spam.
@Illiara...

Enough with the "go get a better job". You do realize the economy sucks, right?

Look, I'm actually on your side. As I said above, I SoR'd an old account of mine. BUT...I CAN see where it'd be a kick in the butt to other customers.

@Illiara...

Enough with the "go get a better job". You do realize the economy sucks, right?

Look, I'm actually on your side. As I said above, I SoR'd an old account of mine. BUT...I CAN see where it'd be a kick in the butt to other customers.

The OP has openly accepted that (s)he is butthurt because (s)he:

Yes, I spent $130 + tax for all of it, 4 damn times for 4 accounts. Mine, my fiancee', my sons and my fiancee' daughter so we all can play together. Thats a hell of alot of money I shelled out at one time. Thats not including the $60/mo I spend to keep those going.

Clearly, whining because Blizzard is giving away free game expansions while (s)he had to pay for them is the definition of trolling.

When you can spend money like tho OP has, you have no place complaining about other people getting something for free.