A free level 80 for people coming back

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
So people that left get a free level 80,free cataclysm upgrade,seven days free game time,free transfer to friends realm and a free faction change to friends realm meanwhile people that are subscribed get the finger.
Guild Wars 2 please hurry up and launch.

People who left get a level 80, free cata upgrade, seven days free game time, free transfer, free faction change.

People who didn't leave get Diablo 3, a mount, and a beta invite.

Factoring in the grass-is-always-greener phenomenon, they're pretty much equivalent.

Oh, and GW2 is going to fail because of poor customer support, it's almost entirely instanced, bugs, and/or too many ex-WoW players wishing it was WoW.
03/06/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Surdra
Why the hell did I sign up for the year long pass? God I was so stupid.

That crossed my mind too

ppl are getting a free upgrade to cataclysm, a brand new lv. 80 and free server/faction xfers. I get a tyrael mount + a D3 copy God knows when they'll release it.

I feel real dumb right now.
Why is up with these terrible ideas being posted all over the place?
Might as well quit and come back for some free level 80's amirite.

Thats what I'm saying. The way people can take advantage of this...omg. lol.

This is not smart at all and I can see this leading to many disasters down the road.
ya sure and then u never learn ur class and we have all these scrubs who cant play there class no

dont be lazy lvl ur damn toon its lnot like its hard anyways
03/06/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Morganä
So people that left get a free level 80,free cataclysm upgrade,seven days free game time,free transfer to friends realm and a free faction change to friends realm meanwhile people that are subscribed get the finger.

Well, it's good that you're not massively over-reacting or anything.

I'm wondering if this will finally trigger a set of mass suicides in the player base. Could this be the thing that tips the impotent nerd raging over the edge?
03/06/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Surdra

Diablo III? At least it's something.

Guild Wars 2 please hurry up and launch.

Pretty much. I have alts I'd like boosted to 80. Why doesn't the person bringing the person back get the level boost?
This is just...
... I don't know how...
I've devolved to angrish. This is ridiculous.
Free mount? Sure, whatever.
Free Cata? Eh, it's been around long enough, whatever.
Free faction and server change? I suppose that counts as part of the 'come play with your friends' thing.
Free level 80? Woah woah woah... why should someone be given free pass to skip most of the leveling process just because they left the game a while ago? Especially since Blizzard has said in the past they will NOT give -anyone- a way to skip the leveling process...
This. Tempted to even break my annual pass agreement because of this. Thanks for the middle finger, Blizzard.

A free mount worth $25
Diablo (A game that most WoW players probably don't even want/play, but accept it just for the annual pass)
Beta access (Usually handed out by winning competitions and such)

OR

Free Faction Transfer ($30)
Free Realm Transfer ($25)
Free Cataclysm ($60)
Free Level 80 (????? this is atleast 3-5 days played time for a FAST leveller)

I'd rather them swapped. Give annual pass people the free stuff, and the quitters can have the pony and beta.
03/06/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Ganaene
Im an active player.. have been since 2007, Iv payed Hundreds of dollars on faction changes/ server xfers, I should be entitled to the free services aswell.

But you've had 5 years worth of gameplay and all of those other services in exchange for your hundreds of dollars.

Any promotion that helps bring back old players is fine with me. None of my friends still play and I can't convince them to come back. They all left about mid-Vanilla. I wasn't even playing woW when they quit lol
Calm down people. Lets not all go into a riot before an official announcement has even been released. Lets just wait it out and see all the details once Blizzard announces it.
A free mount worth $25
Diablo (A game that most WoW players probably don't even want/play, but accept it just for the annual pass)

OR

Free Cataclysm ($60)

I'd rather them swapped. Give annual pass people the free stuff, and the quitters can have the pony and beta.
Man, what a load of BS.
All this is gonna do is encourage people to quit and reinvite themselves.

BRILLIANT.
Been paying for this game since day 1 Vanilla.

I would like some perks too please, or else I'll stop feeding the beast.
03/06/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Eluneblade

That crossed my mind too

ppl are getting a free upgrade to cataclysm, a brand new lv. 80 and free server/faction xfers. I get a tyrael mount + a D3 copy God knows when they'll release it.

I feel real dumb right now.

Exactly. Who knows when it is coming out, and I keep hearing more reports that it's not gonna good. Hell even Blizzard was like "cool your expectations." which is never a good sign. (...and don't feed me the line "well thats not what he meant" b/c he did.)
03/06/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Samáni
This. Tempted to even break my annual pass agreement because of this. Thanks for the middle finger, Blizzard.

A free mount worth $25

OR

Free Cataclysm ($60)

Mmmmmmnothanks, I still want my beta access. Assuming it's an actual beta access, and not a 'Hey, play for a week before launch to get a taste' access.
03/06/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Samáni

A free mount worth $25

OR

Free Cataclysm ($60)

No thank you. I'd rather have my beta access, pony and D3....I'm already going broke this spring with Games like ME3...I don't need more game to buy yet.
Incoming Surge of Level 80 Rogues and Mages
Loyalty reward: You send out the scroll you may get rewarded with a mount. You can also sign up for the annual pass and receive a copy of D3 when it's released and assured beta access as well as a in game mount.

How soon so many forget that Blizzard has reached out to the current player base and even with the scroll is reaching out to the player base.
Im going to resub my other account and boost another mage

whats the problem with that doxshund?