Reflective Shield question

Priest
Greetings everyone, I just respecced my offspec to Disc for the first time after leveling to 85 strictly as Holy and I LOVE IT!!

Disc is amazing, such dynamics. I love being busy!

Anyways, my question is for Reflective shield. Does the damage reflected back at the attacker only come from bubbles casted upon myself? Or do bubbles casted on any party member have the reflection?

Thanks
Only on bubbles cast on yourself.

It's also generally considered a waste to spend two points in it at level 85 PvP.
Only on bubbles cast on yourself.

It's also generally considered a waste to spend two points in it at level 85 PvP.
Note taken, thanks!
I would take the two points in Reflective Shield and put them into Soul Warding. SW is a 'mandatory' talent, and you should find it nice. :)
Reflective shield is cute in theory, but it is simply too limited against anyone but ranged attackers.

-- It only reflects Power Word: Shield, not Divine Aegis, Pain Suppression, or Power Word: Barrier absorption.

-- It only reflects damage done to the caster, not anyone else we shield.

-- It doesn't reflect very much damage. In full 403 pvp gear with a 410 weapon it's a 28,000 shield meaning only 12,600 are reflected. Which might add up over the course of numerous shields, but virtually every dps class now has self-heals or absorptions of their own making reflected damage virtually incapable of even denting the target. (Hunters are perhaps the only exception.)

-- The extreme frequency of control and interrupt abilities mean that we cannot effectively follow up reflected damage with a dps burst of our own. Against melee targets we can only use Shadow Word: Pain and Devouring Plague on them (except perhaps when feared).

This is less of an issue against ranged attackers whose control abilities tend to break on damage.

-- Attempting to DPS a melee attacker is highly mana intensive and, if the DPS attempt fails, can often be fatal due to mana issues.

In short, can argument can be made that reflective shield is somewhat viable against ranged attackers, but against melee DPS'ers it is almost a complete waste.
Do you think that if Reflective Shield remained the same, but were given a !@#$%in' spell animation and emote more people would spec into it?
03/09/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Melville
Do you think that if Reflective Shield remained the same, but were given a !@#$%in' spell animation and emote more people would spec into it?

No