New Tauren model?

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
03/14/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Enekie
Oh, cool, another subrace of Tauren who will show up briefly and then never do anything important.

I agree with this greatly.
Blizz-Devs have said they will be redoing the Vanilla and BC Races' Skeletons to allow for the Monk Class, so it's entirely possible we may get a flyby airbrushing of some of the more glaring 'age' marks on the races, but I'll just be happy to see Humans and Orcs get their wrists back.
I bet it's just a new race, but is does look neat.
Im pretty confident that new Race Models will be incoming, either with Mists launch or shortly after.
OVERWHELMING AMOUNTS OF FUR MAKES MY BRAIN GO

BOOOOOOOM!
I saw those earlier... I like 'em. I'm leaning toward a Tauren subrace though - definitly getting a mongolian, yak vibe. I think the gray/perieinkle and the dark, dusty mauve one in the background, make some interesting color variations. :P

As much as I like them, and as much as hopes are rising (against my better judgement) - the bitter, jaded part of me can't help but want to place a bet as to whether or not females will be a new model. I also have this horrible picture in my mind of a vanilla race monk in a fight, holding a sign that says "new animations coming soon (tm)".

Anyway, reguardless of what happens to the character models, looking at the all the new backgrounds and buildings, and that awesome looking polearm, have me waiting in anticipation.
It's my understanding that Blizzard is going to give the races a facelift, but without changing their skeletons. They can do this, as evidenced by some of the models they've shown us in this expansion (like Nozdormu, who uses a night elf's skeleton but looks a hundred times better).

To completely redo the underlying structure of their models would result in a prohibitively huge amount of work. I don't believe they are going to do that.
It's my understanding that Blizzard is going to give the races a facelift, but without changing their skeletons. They can do this, as evidenced by some of the models they've shown us in this expansion (like Nozdormu, who uses a night elf's skeleton but looks a hundred times better).

To completely redo the underlying structure of their models would result in a prohibitively huge amount of work. I don't believe they are going to do that.

They practically have to, though, considering the monk class gets all-new and entirely unique animations.
03/14/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Silverheart
Im pretty confident that new Race Models will be incoming, either with Mists launch or shortly after.

I hope they don't launch MoP and then go "new race models soon". That's what happened with SWTOR and SGRs. :|
03/14/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Aerstole

I hope they don't launch MoP and then go "new race models soon". That's what happened with SWTOR and SGRs. :|

Wait what.

new models for SWTOR when?
Gimme that current Thrall look and I'll roll an Orc tomorrow. And I'd roll a male Night Elf if they find a way to not make them look like the lovechild of Frankenstein and John Kerry.
03/14/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Arielen
IT'S A MINOTAUR NOT A TAUREN

Hi.

Well some restructuring has to be done, because monks have new animations that the older models simply do not have.
03/14/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Minotaur
IT'S A MINOTAUR NOT A TAUREN

Hi.

Win.
Yak-taunka.

Anyway, reguardless of what happens to the character models, looking at the all the new backgrounds and buildings, and that awesome looking polearm, have me waiting in anticipation.

That awesome looking polearm is the High Warlord's Pig Sticker, a PvP weapon from vanilla WoW. It's still available from the Legacy vendors.
03/14/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Arkaan
Well some restructuring has to be done, because monks have new animations that the older models simply do not have.

What I mean is, they cannot change the existing models drastically without also needing to redo every single piece of armor in the game. That would be a massive undertaking, one that I sincerely doubt Blizzard has any intention of doing.
03/14/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Bärnaby
What I mean is, they cannot change the existing models drastically without also needing to redo every single piece of armor in the game.

Yes they can, armor is stretched over the model, not the other way around.

The way armor works is by adding a new texture to the model over the area of the armor piece.