Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
Sailor Moon
1. Clannad (both seasons)
2. Chrome Shelled Regios
3. Darker then Black
4. Elfen Lied
5. Kurokami

And of coarse so many others.......
Clannad and Clannad After Story really don't get enough recognition in the US. You don't always need explosions and killer action to make an excellent anime.
03/21/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Kabookie
i only watched Bleach.

You poor, poor rogue.

1. Rurouni Kenshin
2 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Samurai Jack (not anime, you say? Too bad; the show rocked)
5. Blood+
Anime is pretty awful. All emotions are exaggerated to the point you can't even relate. The style and fashion is just ridiculously over the top.
04/03/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Misbelïef
Anime is pretty awful. All emotions are exaggerated to the point you can't even relate. The style and fashion is just ridiculously over the top.

The only thing worse is non-anime.

The emotions are all but non-existent so you can't relate. The style and fashion is ridiculously boring and drab.
04/03/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Scabbard
i only watched Bleach.

You poor, poor rogue.

1. Rurouni Kenshin
2 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Samurai Jack (not anime, you say? Too bad; the show rocked)
5. Blood+
no not really, i enjoyed it... i could careless about the other ones... dbz bored the hell out of me..as did most of the others.
I have no order, from highest to lowest or otherwise, but the top five for me...

Clannad
School Days
Chobits
Gurren Lagann
Spice & Wolf

I feel they were all great in some way, shape, or form. They were all 'good' all around, but each had something special to push them straight over the edge from an all-rounder anime to something outrageously grand.

On that note, Medaka Box anime tonight! Hurray! Tasogare Otome airs sometime this month too... I'm excited.
Death Note

/thread over
Dragonball (Z and GT, too)
Yu-Yu hakushu (spelling?)
One piece was ok.
That's it really..I dont really like anime.
04/03/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Celyndrashad

The only thing worse is non-anime.

The emotions are all but non-existent so you can't relate. The style and fashion is ridiculously boring and drab.

Obviously you've never seen spartacus or breaking bad, two shows with incredible character building and relatable characters. Nothing is over the top and is historically relavent to that culture(anime is not), japanese people don't !@#$ing dress like that.

That depends on the anime actually. Obviously the fashion in fantasy or action titles isn't going to be realistic, but the clothing people wear in some series is actually a pretty good representation of what people wear in Japan. I should know, I lived in Tokyo for two years…

And in case you're wondering, yes, the school uniforms seen in anime are pretty close to reality. Guys wear dress suit-like clothing and girls wear short skirts with sweaters or sailor uniforms.
Clannad (Including After Story, which was better)
FMA: Brotherhood
Lucky Star
AnoHana
Ano Natsu

Elfen Lied gets an honorable mention. I don't think Elfen Lied was all that great, but it was the anime that got me back into anime in general.
1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. DBZ
3. Naruto (don't hate)
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Death Note

soooo many other good ones :(
04/05/2012 06:50 AMPosted by Misbelïef
Obviously you've never seen spartacus or breaking bad, two shows with incredible character building and relatable characters. Nothing is over the top and is historically relavent to that culture(anime is not), japanese people don't !@#$ing dress like that.

Obviously you have never seen animes like Grave of the Fireflies or Anything by Miyazaki, shows with incredible character building and highly relate-able characters. Nothing is over the top and is historically relavent to that culture (anime is very much so), Japanese people actually dressed like that.
04/05/2012 11:04 PMPosted by Celyndrashad

Obviously you have never seen animes like Grave of the Fireflies or Anything by Miyazaki, shows with incredible character building and highly relate-able characters. Nothing is over the top and is historically relavent to that culture (anime is very much so), Japanese people actually dressed like that.

grave of the fireflies... :'(
1. Giant Robo
2. Twelve Kingdoms
3. Deathnote
4. Evangelion
5. Claymore

Bleach is my guilty pleasure, and I refuse to rank it in my top five or even top ten.
In no particular order.

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
3. Detective Conan.
4. Death Note.
5. Dragonball Z.

I'm curious as to what anime your watching. You can't consider 2-3 shows to make up all of Anime.