So much tied to one little glyph

Warlock
...ever get the feeling you're being trolled?

If this is one of your april fools jokes blizzard, bravo.... bravo.
It's march.... and it is already being used in the beta
I think that it is such a loaded glyph because Blizz has not decided if it is the direction they want to go yet. There are Demo-locks on the beta right now tanking stuff. I'm betting that if tanking as Demo becomes a more-tan-beta situation, the glyph will go, and Demo will just be the tank spec.
A glyph is ideal for experimentation because you can see how the spec performs with and with out the glyph without losing the baseline spec.

As jiigigaw suggests, they would probably change the spec to make it a tanking spec if and only if they decide the experiment was a success.
God I hope they leave demonology as a dps spec (or at least able to dps). It is my favorite of the the 3.
All that glyph does is make you guys into excellent group quest/obsolete content tanks!
03/24/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Fiona
All that glyph does is make you guys into excellent group quest/obsolete content tanks!

Right... the video of us tanking ENd Time and other cata dungeons is totally obsolete... even though the beta doesn't have any new gear yet....
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253896633

If you read the post on the above link you will see that tanking and dps Demo have their own traits. More than likely to will have both options, but unlike the live druid is atm we cant change between them mid fight due to the difference being a glyph not a form. It is still early in the beta so nothing is for certain anyways.
I get the feeling that blizzards devs are reading the warlock forums with some bemusement, wondering how it all go out of hand, and wondering when the best days to dash the hopes of the new locks. They always do this...

The old locks know that the beginning of every beta is just a massive troll on locks.

Shadowbolt Volley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyOT8mmqUQI - removed from beta

Cripple http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZlDXFHQnA4 - Cripples the target, reducing movement speed by 75%, silencing the target. Cripple causes the target to be immune to physical attacks, but still vulnerable to spells. Lasts 20 sec. Only 1 target can be crippled at a time. - was considered a godsend to warlock survivability - removed from beta

Atrocity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcW5zX1Zmwc - removed from beta

Chaos Bolt - Sends a bolt of Chaotic Fire at the enemy, dealing 990 to 1256 Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted,and pierces through defensive immunities. - now only matches the name it was given in beta, as virtually everything can block it.

Haunt - You send a corrupted soul into the target, doing 800 damage over 2 sec. Haunt will continue to travel between targets who suffer from your Corruption spell. After traveling from up to three targets, the corrupted soul will return to you,healing you for 50% of the total damage done. - changed into crappy dot buff/refresh with silly travel time.

Soul Depletion - Your Corruption spell ticks have a 5/10/15% chance of consuming 2% Mana, 8 Energy, 4 Rage or 8 Runic Power on affected targets. - removed

So don't get you hopes up, the best idea to prevent raging is to ignore ALL information until after the beta is finished, live has been for for a weeks ( so the mages can get their nerf suggestions up ) and the devs a sleeping off the trolledthelocksagain party.

Further nerfs shouldn't be inc until the first patch.

If this happens again... -> http://www.wowdb.com/spells/115946-glyph-of-burning-anger
03/24/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Baalsamael

Right... the video of us tanking ENd Time and other cata dungeons is totally obsolete... even though the beta doesn't have any new gear yet....
yeah, and there's a video of a demo lock solo'ing 10 man Morchok. It's broken. End time means nothing. Demo locks are doing insane amounts of damage on beta. And that lock solo'ing Morchok as a demo tank, didn't go below 50% hp and spent most of the time in the 70% and above range.

Once it gets brought back down to earth, it is going to be maybe an off tank the occasional raid boss gimmick, and 5 man utility.
yeah, and there's a video of a demo lock solo'ing 10 man Morchok. It's broken. End time means nothing. Demo locks are doing insane amounts of damage on beta. And that lock solo'ing Morchok as a demo tank, didn't go below 50% hp and spent most of the time in the 70% and above range.

Once it gets brought back down to earth, it is going to be maybe an off tank the occasional raid boss gimmick, and 5 man utility.

That was a glitch, because our damage is supposed to be decreased from the glyph. HOwever the point is we have 0 aggro problems and can in fact effectively tank. Mmk?
I am unsure how well I like the idea of being a tank on this toon, but I really like the idea of anything that will get melee from tunneling my bum endlessly. Its an interesting direction but seems will be tough to balance.

They either need to do it 100% and make demo tanks viable as any prot warrior or they need to drop it entirely. Trying to do some gimmicky half measure is the absolute worst possible outcome.
They either need to do it 100% and make demo tanks viable as any prot warrior or they need to drop it entirely. Trying to do some gimmicky half measure is the absolute worst possible outcome.

I"m ok with it being a half measure, provided that half measure is focued on us being able to Tank 5 mans, not be a viable raid tank. The absolute last thing I want this to turn into is me ever being forced to tank in a raid setting - but opening the possibily of Tank queueing instances would be wonderful.

As for tying so much to one glyph - I think it makes perfect sense. As a poster in another thread pointed out, the reason Bears and Cats had to be split is because they could switch between dps and Tanking freely with a shapeshift. But Changing glyphs can only be done under the same circumstances as switching between specs. If they tried to bake all the Glyphs effects into our talents/traits, we'd be in the same situation Feral has been in, where it would be too easy to slip between Demo-DPS and Demo-Tank, a Glyph essentially puts that change on the same level as a spec swap. Or maybe if Bliz decides they really like how this works out, they will move Demo Tank into a 4th spec like they did with Feral, who knows.
03/25/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Thanatosia
I"m ok with it being a half measure, provided that half measure is focued on us being able to Tank 5 mans, not be a viable raid tank.

I don't think Blizzard would go through all this to not give us the option to become viable raid tanks. You won't be forced to tank anymore than you were before.
What's the deal with people saying "only tank 5mans, no raids!" when it comes to Demon Tanks?

If I'm tanking 5mans, I want the chance to tank a Raid, too.

LOCKS DON'T DO THINGS BY HALVES.
03/25/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Infernalist
LOCKS DON'T DO THINGS BY HALVES.

your half-fleshed limbs would like a word with you
Locks Tanking is a great idea. So is Beast Master Hunters, but we will get to that later.