Rewardless duel finder queues

Arenas
Post Limit:
2.Give players plenty to do. It’s a sad feeling, and a real failure on our part, whenever someone says “I want to play WoW this evening, but I just don’t have anything to do.”

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4519250

Quoted in an interview from lead dev himself, here is in my honest opinion a band-aid solution to help end the drought that is "afking in SW/Org". Rewardless duel finder queues. Theres currently not enough fun time sinks in the game, being a social based game a lot of activity comes from waiting on people. A rewardless duel finder queue gives players the practice/fun they want w/o penalizing anyone for losing. No rewards no drawbacks. This basically takes the 'duelers' outside sw/org and gives them an arena setting to play in, because dueling outside of stormwind isn't viable. It's an insufficient environment.
Other issues occur with low population servers, dueling also requires there to be people in an area that isn't a major city that are willing to duel.

Other suggestions include;
Rated rewardless duel finder (to see our status on a ladder)

Accumulated from
1v1 queues, yes, again http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079846089?page=1
1v1 Arena in 5.0 please http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3811291242?page=1

If you support this idea, please hit the like button top right of the post, let the devs know the game needs something fun that doesnt take away from anyone, rewardless duel finder does just that.
03/28/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Côtaminated
Why?...

Because it makes a great addition to the game, like transmog became, people hated the idea but we made it happen and its a great feature. Even with tons of real id friend and friends ive made on the server, there are times no one wants to do the same things. I would like to log in during those times and queue up for something I consider fun. This doesnt take away from anything and w/o rewards theres no incentive to play, players will use it for practice or fun.
You can have time sinks but they must have some level of unpredictability to keep them interesting and enjoyable. Diablo style loot tables for example.

Everything from PvP, raid encounters to loot itemization to viable comps to MMR has become so predictable in this game that it is no longer fun.

Having a duel queue would be a great addition but until classes are truly balanced it will exist for only a third of the playerbase to thoroughly enjoy.
Terrible idea, available only for those who would roll a specific class and spec.
Can you read the rest of it before resorting to a witty retort, there are no incentives to play, which means no rewards. If you dont duel now you will not be affected by this change. All this does is takes our party outside of SW/org and brings it into an arena setting.

03/28/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Selenora
available only for those who would roll a specific class and spec.

I believe eventually every class and spec will attempt to use it for practice or for fun, again there are no rewards so stronger classes in dueling settings will not have incentives to play.
03/28/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Dwiegbn
dueling outside of stormwind isn't viable.

Since when? Seems plenty viable when I'm tearing up noobs between RBGs.
03/28/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Brshooter
Since when? Seems plenty viable when I'm tearing up noobs between RBGs.

Server lag, and 0 los obstacles to name a few outside of the original post.
There is 0 downside to this that I can see, and a noticeable upside: way less lag in Durotar/Elwynn.

If you dont want to duel then dont queue there is no reward or incentive and no penalty for NOT doing it. Whats the problem? Seriously?
There is 0 downside to this that I can see, and a noticeable upside: way less lag in Durotar/Elwynn.

If you dont want to duel then dont queue there is no reward or incentive and no penalty for NOT doing it. Whats the problem? Seriously?

Because it's trying to create a competitive atmosphere out of something inherently imbalanced.
Some of us feel the balance is fine as is. How will rewardless dueling queues affect this supposed imbalance tho?
create a competitive atmosphere

Ok good point, this would only apply if my suggestion for a rated duel finder went through. But not the original suggestion.
03/28/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Dwiegbn
Some of us feel the balance is fine as is. How will rewardless dueling queues affect this supposed imbalance tho?

Supposed.... imbalance?
You can learn and adapt or you can continue to blame your non success on balance issues. Every class can compete at high level. I am not asking for 1v1 arena queues.