Master looter question..

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I just recently joined a PUG raid for FL.

At one point, Plans: Mirrored Boots had dropped. In the raid, only 3 people wanted them - myself, and two other people. The master looter, told everyone who was interested in them, to /roll on them. (I'm not gonna beat around the bush: I rolled on the intent of mailing them to my DK alt)

I won the plans with a /roll of 65.

I saw myself receive the plans in the chat window. When raid broke up after downing Baleroc, they weren't there.I won the roll w/ a 65. However, the plans are not in my inventory. The ML said he was going to send them to his pally, but, I won the roll - I saw the "You recieved *item*" text in my chat window.

My question is this: If, after winning an item and it being received by the ML, is there any way possible for the ML to take it back or rescind the win?
No. You must have received another item and mistakenly thought it was the pattern. You can also send in a ticket about the ML keeping the item for himself after he opened it up for a roll that he ended up losing.
03/31/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Corpsetwo
No. You must have received another item and mistakenly thought it was the pattern. You can also send in a ticket about the ML keeping the item for himself after he opened it up for a roll that he ended up losing.

No, because I only rolled on that item. The other item I recieved - Lava Bolt Crossbow he asked if anyone wanted it for Transmog, and I said I did, which after that he gave it to me.

Then the plans dropped, me and 2 other people /rolled and I won with a 65. I saw the chat box say "You have won Plans: Mirrored Boots"

But yet, it's not in my inventory.
03/31/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Andriale
"You have won Plans: Mirrored Boots"

If it was on master loot, it wouldn't say that? it should just say "you recieved loot, Plans: mirrored Boots" I am pretty sure it only says that on need/greed roll. but if you didn't see it in your inventory you should have checked the corpse of the add it dropped off of. sometimes funky things happen and loot doesn't move to your inventory properly
03/31/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Andriale
Then the plans dropped, me and 2 other people /rolled and I won with a 65. I saw the chat box say "You have won Plans: Mirrored Boots"

Do you mean "You receive Plans"? The "you have won" dialogue only appears if it was set to a group loot where you roll. If it were master looted, it would just say " you receive item Z."

Also, possible your bags were full or you sold it to a vendor by accident?
"You have won Plans: Mirrored Boots"

If it was on master loot, it wouldn't say that? it should just say "you recieved loot, Plans: mirrored Boots" I am pretty sure it only says that on need/greed roll. but if you didn't see it in your inventory you should have checked the corpse of the add it dropped off of. sometimes funky things happen and loot doesn't move to your inventory properly

Yeah, I misspoke.

Incidentally, the LM posted the plans on the AH, after telling me he was gonna mail them to his pally.

But thanks for the tip on re-checking the corpse though. :)
03/31/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Oddjob

Do you mean "You receive Plans"? The "you have won" dialogue only appears if it was set to a group loot where you roll. If it were master looted, it would just say " you receive item Z."

Also, possible your bags were full or you sold it to a vendor by accident?

Naw, bags weren't full - I had like 20-something slots available, and I checked my inventory before I left the raid, shortly after we downed Baelroc.
It would say, "You receive loot: [Plans... "

Since the LM still had the plans afterwards, the options are:
* You received some other loot and misread it as the Plans
* You saw a different message (provided by an addon) that you mistook for receiving the loot.

You could open a ticket on the LM for not giving you the plan despite winning the roll