Ultraxion, Shatterer of LFR PUGs.

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Three queues, at least 5-6 people each time either don't know or don't care about using Heroic Will, assuming the poor healers will kiss it and make it better. Result: multiple wipes, group disintegrates, another half hour in queue.

-.-
Healers like people who don't use the button, because it gives them something to do with the pathetic damage the boss does.
The only way to wipe on this boss is to have tanks who can't taunt or press their heroic will button, dps not going out won't wipe you unless you have all of the healers afk, or healers who take a self righteous attitude "I don't heal people who ignore boss mechanics"
The only reason pugs wipe on Ultraxion is because of the tanks or maybe if healers are AFK. Hour of Twilight does less damage than being hit by a trash mob rofl
Only way to wipe on LFR Ultraxion is bad tanks. Nobody else needs to push the button.
04/02/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Lostaroll
Healers like people who don't use the button, because it gives them something to do with the pathetic damage the boss does.

This. The Hour of Twilight doesn't kill you on LFR. If there's a wipe it' because healers were too busy trying to cheese the meter and forgot to heal the tanks (or the tanks ballsed up Fading Light and got 1shot)
LFR ultraxion should one shot you just like the norm/heroic ultraxion (or used to before the nerfs) with hour of twilight

can't press the button ? raid wipes --> no epics for you

this isn't an elitist vs. casual argument or whatever other crap you want to throw out, it's all about having a basic functioning brain to press a button once every 30-45 seconds with a 5 second warning

This post is the essence of elitism / control freak
You don't wipe because people stay out for hour of twilight.

You wipe because healers are incompetent or tanks don't know what fading light is.
Well, at least there's the chance for finding an in-progress group going.

And yes, it's not a direct factor for wipes, but it's a symptom of careless playing, which does factor directly. Shoulda made that a bit more clear, but I was a little exasperated at the time. =)
Well, at least there's the chance for finding an in-progress group going.

And yes, it's not a direct factor for wipes, but it's a symptom of careless playing, which does factor directly. Shoulda made that a bit more clear, but I was a little exasperated at the time. =)
Not clicking the button is a good strategy, not a symptom of careless playing.
LFR ultraxion should one shot you just like the norm/heroic ultraxion (or used to before the nerfs) with hour of twilight

can't press the button ? raid wipes --> no epics for you

this isn't an elitist vs. casual argument or whatever other crap you want to throw out, it's all about having a basic functioning brain to press a button once every 30-45 seconds with a 5 second warning

Although I've only ever done LFR I agree with this. It's pretty boring to just stand there and push DPS knowing there is a very small chance of failure. Killing big monsters is fun, rolling on loot you don't really have to work for is not so much. LFR should be for people who don't have the time to commit to scheduled raids every week, not for people who just want to move from room to room collecting free loot.
04/02/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Sunac
group disintegrates,

there's no such thing. as long as you stay in group there'll always be a priority for your group.

after some madness wipes I rebuilt a group from 4 players and we one-shot next attempt.

You wipe because healers are incompetent or tanks don't know what fading light is.
Mostly the 2nd. Having said that if the tanks are dead and your a dps taking melee hits and living , click the fading light. that hit will probably be the final straw that kills you.
Personally, I had more wipes happening in groups with too many people auto-attacking paired with a bunch of tank-level dpsers. Regardless of how easy it is to heal and tank, it's still X damage to be done in Y minutes.

That's probably close to impossible to happen at 15%, but who knows.
I didn't think faceroll% affected LFR.....
In randoms/LFR if an ability is going to be a near 1 shot it should 1 shot for the sake of the healers. If an ability doesn't 1 shot then players will expect to be healed through it.

Rumors persist that the 6 minute hard enrage is actually reachable, consistently you get 2-3 "dps" bad enough to reach that, so there must be some chance to get 17 of them. Far more likely is clueless tanks who let the top 5-6 dps get 2-shot, that makes hard enrage an actual possibility.

And when he says "incompetent" he means that and then some, not an uber-elitist dig at healers not playing perfectly. As in, healers who get very confused by what to do when health bars are at half, or go afk/wand through the fight. "Incompetent" as in completely incapable of doing anything resembling the definition of their role, which is usually the province of terribad dps, but can be healers and tanks on occasion.

It is awesome to see a tank die 3-4 times to fading light, when its the first boss of the second half of DS lfr. ...so you queue as a tank, knowing the first fight of the four have *one* mechanic you absolutely can't screw up as a tank, and you somehow don't prepare for it at all? (and prepare can mean click the big button when your debuff is low, this isn't rocket surgery)
I joined LFR for the first time in months tonight on a whim to pickup a chance at the spine trinket.
Having to clear Madness with a 3/4 que (I had someone trying to vote me off for doing too much damage.... even though I was top dps on the right things and pretty much just doing 3x an average LFR player's load. Then finding that Ultraxion still requires tanks to push a button 5 times amazed me tonight at how bad instant que 5 man syndrome has reduce the quality of tanks in this game.

We ran through about 8 tanks, who kept blaming healers or lag, or whatever for their one shot, and someone of course running the mod to point out "Fading light".

And of course, everyone argues it's bugged and the mods wrong.

I kept vanishing around 75% in hopes that it picked up other high DPS and I'd survive, but alas, by the first fading I somehow am 2nd on agro behind tanks who either both die, or don't use taunt because taunt is for sissies.
Anyways, an hour later, we finally kicked enough DPS dks in blood presence to finally get 1 tank who was **Helping a friend and trading gear to them** so we could kill the boss, and then wipe to Blackhorn because "I'm not the main tank, I didn't want to pull agro" as Blackhorn killed 4 healers, and both tanks drool all over themselves.
4 tanks later, we kill that.

We hit up spine, and kill 2 plates fine, open up 3rd, and a roll pops up, now, being the smart player I am, I could counterbalance and save the day!, but the fact I have NEVER seen a roll in lfr before, and the convenience of where this one came from, I decided to see if any of the other 24 players had an IQ or raiding comprehension above 5 to move 2 feet to the left, and to my glee

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c275/Azane/LFRoll.jpg

So, my favorite part of this group now, is the blame game and watching as everyone points fingers and giggling to myself, knowing that it took all 24 of us being terrible to pull off this feat of rolling in LFR, and only 1 Person needs to counter-balance.

This group of course, exemplifies seeing the content, and I was actually much more amused going in with my attitude of seeing the content like this, rather than killing 4 bosses in 1 shots with absolutely no skill involved.

On a side note, I now have an entire 16 slot bag of LFR Starcatcher Compasses ^_^