Kavan's vs. Janglespur Jackboots

Warlock
So which is better? If someone could weigh in with why one is better than the other I would love to know. I am relatively new to warlockery and I can't get my head around this one. I did a test on a dummy and it seems my current gear configuration is a dps increase over the Jackboots with lavawalker on them but I would feel better with more information. Thanks.
Never use dummies to test anything. Useless lot they are :P

EJ says JJ are better.
Depends on your gear really. In a full Heroic BiS set, the Heroic version of those boots are better. Obviously they have superior Intellect, which is probably twice the EP value of any secondary stat. On top of that, they fit well with the entire BiS set where you don't need the Hit from Kavan's.

In your situation (and mine), it's probably a toss up. If you need the Hit, you should use Kavan's. If you don't, Jackboots.
Considering that you're already reforging out of a lot of hit, Janglespur Jackboots are certainly better, as they're a 20 int upgrade with roughly the same amount of secondary stats.
Never use dummies to test anything. Useless lot they are :P

EJ says JJ are better.

They're good for testing certain mechanics, like proc rates. You just need to know their limitations.
is there ever a moment when a Demonologist gets sick of mastery stacking? i know BoD just hit for 25k, but it is so much cooler when it crits for over 18k across my screen while derping around in destro...
04/05/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Akvon
is there ever a moment when a Demonologist gets sick of mastery stacking? i know BoD just hit for 25k, but it is so much cooler when it crits for over 18k across my screen while derping around in destro...

Not really. Once you get the Haste soft cap it's mastery all the way.

But 100k+ Pet crits are pretty lulzy.
Okay that's basically what I was thinking. I was reforging out of hit so figured jj would be better. Thanks for the replies, sometimes I just need to see some other peoples' thoughts on something. Gotta get out of my own head every once in a while.
04/05/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Reinhouse
Gotta get out of my own head every once in a while.

Oh I know the feeling, they get so roudy sometimes... wait what? :P
Every sim I've run has suggested that a set with Kavan's is better than one with (n) Janglespurs, after proper reforging. At the time, I was comparing normal versions of Rathrak and Lightning Rod and different possible gear sets. Some sets with Lightning Rod prefered Janglespurs, but Kavan's would eventually lead to a DPS gain by replacing other pieces. The Rathrak sets greatly preferred Kavan's.
Ummm...it's real easy.

Janglespur has a red socket over a yellow for Kavan's = +20 INT

Jangle has 217 Crit, 225 Haste over Kavan 216 Hit, 226 Haste.

If you are already hit capped it's even better.
Kavans have hit and haste but have lower potential Int

Janglespur are Crit and haste with maximum potential intIf you don't need the hit go with janglespurOne exception to this might be demo where the crit isnt' exactly useful. Going with Kavans might free up some hit elsewhere that can be reforged to mastery.