Question about troll Loas.

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I am planning on roleplaying a troll soon. The class will be death knight. I plan on roleplaying as a Shadow Hunter whose DK-like powers of blood (I will be a blood DK) were bestowed upon him by a Loa. Which Loa can I use?
Blood sounds like Hakkar... but following Hakkar would put you at odds with about... every other troll except other followers of Hakkar.

You might be able to get away with using Hir'eek, considering Hir'eek is the bat Loa.

But that's about it.
Isn't there a Loa that replaced Hakkar?
04/04/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Shadowrocket
Isn't there a Loa that replaced Hakkar?

Nope.
I'm a Troll expert myself. If you want to relate your Shadow-Hunter DK to any Loas, first, I want to refer you to this: wowpedia(.)com/Loa

^ Read that, and see if there are any Loas which would catch your interest. ICly you'd have to still have your shadow hunter abilities, mixing in with a few of your newly granted DK abilities, so you may want to find a way to merge all that in so it isn't a giant cluster f**k.
I'm trying to be a Shadow Hunter as the death knight class. Not a Shadow Hunter turned Death Knight.
04/04/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Pänzershreck
wowpedia(.)com/Loa

.com is not the correct site. You're looking for wowpedia.org/loa
If you're trying to be just a Shadow-Hunter, then go look at their page on WoWpedia and look at the Loas. That's basically all you need to know.
The thing about Death Knights is that they are likely not looked upon brightly by Darkspear Culture. As Bwonsamdi put it, "De Darkspear dead are MY domain." and those not risen by his will would be considered a crime against nature... Which is what Death Knights are anyway. They wouldn't be accepted back.

So, if you just want to be say a Shadow Hunter with Blood Powers, you'd likely need to be Hakkari. This doesn't make you a bad guy, necessarily. Hakkar may yet turn out to be a good guy with what happened int he revamped ZG. Hakkar is the only Loa we know of that uses Blood as a source of power, although the Sandfury used a non Hakkari form of Blood Magic that didn't seem to have a Loa attributed to it.
The thing about Death Knights is that they are likely not looked upon brightly by Darkspear Culture. As Bwonsamdi put it, "De Darkspear dead are MY domain." and those not risen by his will would be considered a crime against nature... Which is what Death Knights are anyway. They wouldn't be accepted back.

So, if you just want to be say a Shadow Hunter with Blood Powers, you'd likely need to be Hakkari. This doesn't make you a bad guy, necessarily. Hakkar may yet turn out to be a good guy with what happened int he revamped ZG. Hakkar is the only Loa we know of that uses Blood as a source of power, although the Sandfury used a non Hakkari form of Blood Magic that didn't seem to have a Loa attributed to it.

Actually, we know that Hakkar is an evil Loa. The only reason he spares you in ZG is because he has some torturing to do to Jin'do.

Hakkar is evil, he's spiteful, vindictive, selfish, etc.
04/04/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Iralius
Actually, we know that Hakkar is an evil Loa. The only reason he spares you in ZG is because he has some torturing to do to Jin'do.

But he could be grateful, and now has a reason to hate the Zandalari, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
04/04/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Iralius
Hakkar is evil, he's spiteful, vindictive, selfish, etc.

All of those factors (except Evil) doesn't make someone evil. Blood Elves are all of those.
Alright thanks, Hakkar seems like it can make for interesting RP. Now how do I explain the glowing eyes?
04/04/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

But he could be grateful, and now has a reason to hate the Zandalari, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The enemy of my enemy, in this case, happens to be the enemy of all living things on the world.
04/04/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Shadowrocket
Alright thanks, Hakkar seems like it can make for interesting RP. Now how do I explain the glowing eyes?

Could just be a magical scar, I suppose.
04/04/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Iralius
The enemy of my enemy, in this case, happens to be the enemy of all living things on the world.

Without living things, Hakkar would have no power. Loa and Ancients feed off of their children and the worshiping of their followers.