Siege of Stormwind

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
04/05/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Byniri
If the final raid of MoP was 'Siege of Stormwind' with dethroning Varian Wrynn, would there be a lot of complaining about Horde 'favoritism'?

Would Alliance players still spend more time following Horde leaders than their own?
We invade Stormwind. Alliance complain.

We invade Orgrimmar. Alliance complain.

At this point I doubt anything will make you happy.

If you let us kill Thrall we will be happy. Promise. Or if you lets us Burn Bilgewater Harbor I'd be pretty pleased.
If the final raid of MoP was 'Siege of Stormwind' with dethroning Varian Wrynn, would there be a lot of complaining about Horde 'favoritism'?

I find the double standards that have been set incredibly stupid.

What has Varian done that warrants a Siege of Stormwind?

What has he done that counters an unprovoked attack on Gilneas, the slaughter of Southshore and turning its citizens into undead monstrosities, the sacking and burning of Ashenvale, the bombing of a school, the upcoming nuking of a major port town and the ruthless slaughter of one of your own factions most beloved figureheads just to appease his bruised ego?

...and to top it all off... these are apparently NOT the reasons we're going to kill him as we have yet to see what his "war crimes" are! >_<

Last I checked, the only thing Varian did was made Jaina cry and let Saurfang take his boy back home. I'd hardly call that an overthrow-worthy cause. :P
*Cough* South Shore.

*Cough* Andorhal

South Shore happened outside of quests, it was story progression, and isn't counted.
Andorhal was... annoying. I think they scrapped that questline TBH.
Besides, both those locations were captured by the Forsaken, this is about Garrosh. Garrosh *thinks* he controls the Forsaken, but we all know Sylvanus does what she wants.

Anyway, there's a reason why I said most.

What has he done that counters an unprovoked attack on Gilneas, the slaughter of Southshore and turning its citizens into undead monstrosities, the sacking and burning of Ashenvale, the bombing of a school, the upcoming nuking of a major port town and the ruthless slaughter of one of your own factions most beloved figureheads just to appease his bruised ego?

...and to top it all off... these are apparently NOT the reasons we're going to kill him as we have yet to see what his "war crimes" are! >_<

Last I checked, the only thing Varian did was made Jaina cry and let Saurfang take his boy back home. I'd hardly call that an overthrow-worthy cause. :P

The bombing of the school wasn't garrosh, it was one of his generals who thought they knew what was best, if you'd watch the horde side of the quests or do it yourself you'd know that garrosh actually tosses him off the top of the bluffs in stonetalon after he finds out what happened.

Ashenvale has been a major point of faction dispute since warsong gulch was set as a battleground, the horde wants the resources, the NE's want to protect it, so they are fighting over it.

Gilneas was just garrosh trying to expand on his " horde ", and yes sylvanas will do what she wants, there's only a few people she's actually afraid of. Then we have south shore... I'm sorry bro, the horde finally overtook it.

The bombing of the school wasn't garrosh, it was one of his generals who thought they knew what was best, if you'd watch the horde side of the quests or do it yourself you'd know that garrosh actually tosses him off the top of the bluffs in stonetalon after he finds out what happened.

Ashenvale has been a major point of faction dispute since warsong gulch was set as a battleground, the horde wants the resources, the NE's want to protect it, so they are fighting over it.

Gilneas was just garrosh trying to expand on his " horde ", and yes sylvanas will do what she wants, there's only a few people she's actually afraid of. Then we have south shore... I'm sorry bro, the horde finally overtook it.

Way to dodge nuking Theramore and killing Cairne in cold blood. :P

What part of "gathering resources" involves sacking, burning and taking over Astranaar?

Your Gilneas "reason" is simply laughable. >_<
*Cough* South Shore.

*Cough* Andorhal

South Shore happened outside of quests, it was story progression, and isn't counted.
Andorhal was... annoying. I think they scrapped that questline TBH.
Besides, both those locations were captured by the Forsaken, this is about Garrosh. Garrosh *thinks* he controls the Forsaken, but we all know Sylvanus does what she wants.

Anyway, there's a reason why I said most.

Lol no, I'd accept that South Shore was Story Progression, if there was any STORY! Honestly, the Alliance don't seem to even react that South Shore was bombed off the face of Azeroth, you'd think there would be RAGE against the Horde? So don't you tell me SS Doesn't damn count. And the Forsaken are still apart of the Horde, no matter how loose of a leash they have.
we have our super hero. hes currently solid diamond, and the story never got completed.
Yes. Yes there would be.

Then I don't get it.

Siege of Orgrimmar benefits the Alliance greatly. They get rid of a Warchief that is 100% obsessed with wiping them out, and put back one that would rather work at peace between the factions, and that's suddenly Horde favoritism.

Siege of Stormwind is the opposite, yet that would still be Horde favoritism?

It's Horde favoritism becaunse, once again, the Alliance is incapable of doing anything on its own. The Horde, if they were allowed to seige Stormwind, would totally do it by themselves, yet the Alliance need their hands held to attack the big bad meanie city.

The Horde are going to obliterate Theramore. By themselves.

The Alliance get to HELP the Horde oust their own friggin' leader.

So it seems Metzen's promise of Alliance "fist-pumping" over the news that was released by the press sites was a hollow one. He thought he could be slick and buy off Alliance players by letting us help the Horde. Again.
04/06/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Cyllana
but we all know Sylvanus does what she wants.

Like Wrathgate? Because that was a great example of her being in complete control of her people. I sure she loved having those orc guards monitoring her city. And those valkyr and that old god under Tirisfal are in no way affecting her mind.
And those valkyr and that old god under Tirisfal are in no way affecting her mind.

...Wait what?
Considering that Varian's fairly unpopular and that Stormwind's already been razed and rebuilt once before, I don't see the huge problem.
04/06/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Bironside
...Wait what?

Lorewise, a party of elves that landed on the shores of Tirisfal started hearing whispers in their heads, and went bonkers.

Sound familiar?

Who cares its a game, the only thing that matters is which is your favorite. Blizz aren't miracle workers can just trade punches back and forth forever someone eventually has to win. Love it or hate it thats the way it is.

Edit:Spelling error
Can't we all just get along and kill Garrosh AND Varian? Then both sides are happy!
Alliance complains because our characters have no development in game. Instead, we spent most of the cataclysm looking at a certain horde super hero.

Exactly this ^

This expansion has pretty much been all about Thrall. And now, MoP is all about Hellscream. You may say this expansion has been about DW, but no, it hasn't. Thrall is EVERYWHERE in this xpac.

So for you to sit back and say "Alliance Favoritism!" blah blah blah, well guess what...this will be 2 xpacs in a row that focus on horde in one way or another.

This whole fight is so pathetically childish and funny. The seriousness with which it is argued
simply points to the fact that there is nothing that Blizz can do, short of totally annialating the horde, that will be seen, by the extremists on this subject, as anything but horde bias.

There are many of us who do not see what you see (thank God!) and who enjoy seeing the turns and twists of an unfolding story that I, personally, have enjoyed playing through.

I do NOT interpret what has happened in Cata, nor what is upcoming in MoP as evidence of bias, nor do I believe it has been a "horde only" storyline. The personalization of persecution expressed by some on these forums just reminds me of why this community is such a mess.
Only thing I will say is compare Garrosh to Varian, in game, who have you had more interaction with, is more memorable and doesn't share a major voice actor with already established heros. If people want Alliance to shut up, you got to be fair here not lore wise but gameplay wise. I dont mind if Alliance is the underdog at all in the War, but the underdog in development from cutscenes to questing gameplay is a bit much imo.
04/05/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Ishko
Yeah there would be. I'm not complaining about theramore to be honest. I'll only complain of Jaina walks out of that alive.

Seeing that magic resonating from the crater in the center of the city makes me think Jaina pulled survivors out in a fashion similar to Dalaran. If you look at Hillsbrad, the Dalaran Crater has the same magic effects around it.
lol, frankly, I would very much enjoy some massive raids of sw or IF etc as I am sure some horde players would equally enjoy having alli raid their cities, to me this is pvp at its best, not a fta/fth but just a plain old raid.

I miss the old raids that happened with some semi regularity, now it is seldom seen unless raid happens to be fth/fta.

Having seen a few youtube videos of massive sized raids mostly of IF, I would love to be defending an alli city from riads like this so me complain, NO, cheer, yes:)

as for varian, like garrosh, he to can be replaced, perhaps by his son Anduin, BRING it:)