35k hps for heroic ultra?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
We downed it, and my gear is definitely lagging(386 ilvl), but it still seemed low? The other heaker(rdruid) did 42k. I took green+blue
Did you cast things that were not Holy Radiance?
judgement, holy radiance, divine light, shock, and LoD. Divine light to get people cauterized mages up
We'd need logs in order to make an accurate call...
I was being a little snarky, but to be honest the vast majority of the damage to be healed on that fight is purely from the AoE. The resto druid would definitely have a very high healing output relative to you until green buff becomes available, especially if you were covering the tanks and spot healing as a priority over holy radiance. I also havent really paid attention to what the fight looks like numbers wise, but with the nerfs in place if your raid dps is really good the fight could end before the AoE truly starts hurting which means the druid would have a field day with rejuv + wg + efflo and red buff.

Also minor but I assume people are good about standing in front of you for LoD + mace proc to be as effective as possible. I'm not sure if there's something special you'd need to do as a holy paladin to maximize mace procs, but I know it's very good on that fight in particular.
how do i make logs?
Make sure you're only casting radiance when blue comes out, and most preferably on a 3 target rotation that includes 1) A dps that does not have fading light (and hope they don't get one) 2) yourself 3) the healer druid. Minimizing the amount of players you have to heal that are DPS will minimize the chance they phase down with the holy radiance hot on them. Obviously healers never get fading light, so before blue make sure you're only healing yourself and the druid (2 target rotation).

As stated before, don't cast light of dawn either when you get blue. Just radiance.
04/08/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Getreal
how do i make logs?

If you like you can check out http://www.worldoflogs.com/help/index/ which has a java client that will parse your combat log and upload it, you'll have to set up an account though (which takes like 5 seconds). There should be instructions on how to do that on there.
if the fight was under 5 minutes then there isnt much to heal.
basically healing starts about 3 minutes into the fight so...if there's nothing to heal there's nothing to heal. if nobody died, its fine. we analyze hps/dps to understand wipes not kills :D

you'll know on Gunship if it was enough or not.
If everyone was alive and the boss was down, who cares? You did your job. An extra 10k hps would not have made a bit of a difference.
type /combatlog to make the log

The total HPS required is about 80K. You can only heal what the other guy doesn't. Paladins can solo heal it too.
04/08/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Lusignan
You can only heal what the other guy doesn't.

critical concept for healers. if you heal more than this, its just wasted overhealing. as cute as healing full-power is in 5min fights, when you get to a 15min fight like Madness you'll appreciate the skill of not overhealing too much. since it does nothing good and consumes resources.
Seems fine to me.
70k is fine for 10 man Ultra Heroic, itll keep your group alive til the 5:30 mark (assuming 35k is with 2 heals)

(these # are in actual practice on an alt run tonight)
04/08/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Robokapp
since it does nothing good and consumes resources.

It also causes you to top the meters for healing in LFR Madness so you look way more awesome, allowing you to belittle the other healers with 1/4 of your overhealing and far better hps. :-)
04/09/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Conneri
It also causes you to top the meters for healing in LFR Madness so you look way more awesome, allowing you to belittle the other healers with 1/4 of your overhealing and far better hps. :-)
If you topped healing meters on Madness, you topped HPS taken over the entire fight.
If you topped Recount HPS (healing done divided by active time) but didn't top healing done, it means you casted heals in bursts and went AFK in between.
Overhealing doesn't mean anything if you don't go OOM.
04/08/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Robokapp
You can only heal what the other guy doesn't.

critical concept for healers. if you heal more than this, its just wasted overhealing. as cute as healing full-power is in 5min fights, when you get to a 15min fight like Madness you'll appreciate the skill of not overhealing too much. since it does nothing good and consumes resources.

Nourish is my good friend on (normal) Madness.
I solo heal it on my druid and only end up around 60k hps. I assume you guys are making it a good deal into Time Loop, so those numbers sound about right.
I haven't even attempted Ultraxion on heroic, so take from this what you will. But when I get the blue crystal, I just spam Holy Radiance like there is no tomorrow. It's fun!