Closed

Story Forum
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
i believe it was her backstory in WC3. she was such a PITA to the scourge that arthas made an example out of her, first banshee, yadda yadda yadda. she was also the highest ranking military person in the nation, a famous hero, and out ranked both her sisters.

the wowpedia article says she is a genius
http://www.wowpedia.org/Wowpedia:Featured_articles/Sylvanas_Windrunner but it isnt cited for that line.

the wowwikki article also says it
http://www.wowwiki.com/Sylvanas_Windrunner
Ah yeah, true, I forgot she used to be the super-dude of Quel'Thalas.
Because this is what Blizzard has told us is canon. Their inability or unwillingness to effectively show this does not negate it any more than game mechanics negate it. They could tell us that Varian has webbed feet and never show us them and he would still have webbed feet.

Such is the problem with writing a story about heroes and characters with very accomplished abilities.

Lol, a summary of that massive paragraph I stated a few pages back, If Only i could be so direct.

I am very rarely concise, so thank you haha.
04/10/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Gandred
Out of curiousity, where was it that Blizzard said Sylvanas is a great tactician?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/race/forsaken

"In life, Sylvanas Windrunner was the valiant ranger-general of Quel’Thalas, a high elf whose leadership acumen and martial prowess were without equal."
04/08/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Jashin
I'm even thinking of naming my daughter after her

nope nope nope too far
04/11/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Kiango
I'm even thinking of naming my daughter after her

nope nope nope too far

^ agree. It's like at one point my sis wanted to name her child Obi-wan. We convinced her not to (thank god) because the child would probably be made fun of. A lot.
Someone called their child Dovakhiin for some Skyrim prizes.

D:

D:
?... I feel so bad for that kid.
I'll lift the kid who would dare make my child cry up above my head and tell him or her to stop or I will shake the skittles out of him or her. I just like the name "Sylvanas" I could really care less about the character in the game. I certainly would not name my son Arthas.

I also would like to point out that I have a 4.0 GPA in college, so no, I am not obsessed with the characters of this game because I work harder on my school work. Also if someone does name their kid Sakura, Sasuke, Motoko, Togusa, Kagome, Miroku or any other Japanese name, it is all good. At least most people don't call their kid Joe Dirt, Bo-bo bo-bo bo-bo bo-bo, or any other name like that.
What just happened?
04/11/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Bullcowsby
What just happened?

THE INTERNET!
Cool.
nope nope nope too far

I actually knew a guy named Sylvanas, Accept it was pronounced "Silv-en-es" rather than Syl-van-us. Slightly differen't spelling than Sylvanas but it was close.

04/11/2012 06:09 AMPosted by Gandred

Dovhakin is manly name, besides he can always lie too someone ignorant of the Elder Scrolls series and say it's Norwegian for "One who shouts" or something.
04/11/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Jashin
I just like the name "Sylvanas" I could really care less about the character in the game. I certainly would not name my son Arthas.

"S-Stupid sexy Sylvanas! Just because I make threads praising you doesn't mean I like you or anything!"
"S-Stupid sexy Sylvanas! Just because I make threads praising you doesn't mean I like you or anything!"

I see what tou-hou did thar.
I'll lift the kid who would dare make my child cry up above my head and tell him or her to stop or I will shake the skittles out of him or her. I just like the name "Sylvanas" I could really care less about the character in the game. I certainly would not name my son Arthas.

I also would like to point out that I have a 4.0 GPA in college, so no, I am not obsessed with the characters of this game because I work harder on my school work. Also if someone does name their kid Sakura, Sasuke, Motoko, Togusa, Kagome, Miroku or any other Japanese name, it is all good. At least most people don't call their kid Joe Dirt, Bo-bo bo-bo bo-bo bo-bo, or any other name like that.

Go for something a bit more normal but still similar..consider Sylvia.
I'd name my son Arthas.>.>

Of course my husband would divorce me, but ... ah well priorities!(Before anyone burns me at the stake, I am JESTING... about the divorce)."My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Illinois whispered the name... "
04/11/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Leylah

Arthas is just a corruption of Arthur, go with Arthur.
Why do you people keep encouraging him?
04/11/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Onimontu

Arthas is just a corruption of Arthur, go with Arthur.

Ehh... I like Arthas better.