Retribution Aura = worthless

Paladin
Is there any point on using this now at all? 220 holy damage with Inquisition up? It's pathetic...should at least do the same damage as druid thorns.
it will be gone in mists anyways

and out of curiosities sake did you have to edit your post for bad....grammar? lol
I added the point about thorns lol, but I'm glad to see the joke about my name isn't lost. But as a side note are they replacing it with something why is it gone?
All auras will be gone. Some are getting integrated into new abilites, but for the most part gone. We still get 20% mount speed though. just not raid wide.
Agreed. Auras are part of being a Pally.
Losing Crusader Aura as a group buff peeves me. Sure it's not a huge buff most of the time, but DKs get to keep Path of Frost as an aura, why can't we keep our (fairly weak except in some rated BGs) Crusader Aura? It's also a loss of flavour, and as with Sense Undead it's not a game balance issue to keep it (R.I.P Sense Undead).
04/11/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Pallydrome
Agreed. Auras are part of being a Pally.

Useful auras are, most of ours stopped being useful a while ago
This is a shame, too. I think auras would have been more compelling if they were improved so there was a tough choice to make or a reason to swap them out. If they made the Retribution cause more damage it would be nice to have. If the crusader's aura affected walking speed as well it would be nice to have and we'd have more compelling choices.
I'm glad auras are gone. They've never been interesting or exciting and we haven't needed them for a long time. As a class, we've evolved beyond them.

The only thing I'll miss is raidwide Crusader Aura, but I bet it will become a glyph.
I wish they change the name of crusader aura if it doesn't effect anyone else, its just not an aura then.
It's because SEALS become our new auras in MoP... that's why they got rid of the original auras. The stance bar is now the seal bar, and it's no longer a buff you have to cast every time you die.
04/11/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Johnhywind
I wish they change the name of crusader aura if it doesn't effect anyone else, its just not an aura then.

They did change the name. Our passive is called "Heart of the Crusader."

Sign here if you're interested in making Heart of the Crusader act like Crusader Aura on live:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427562940
Auras were a halfassed holdover from Diablo 2 where they were really strong, spec-defining passive abilities. If they were never going to make them really useful, then I'm glad they got rid of them.
04/11/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Daloron
Auras were a halfassed holdover from Diablo 2 where they were really strong, spec-defining passive abilities. If they were never going to make them really useful, then I'm glad they got rid of them.

I miss the old days when if you knew what you were doing, you'd switch your auras frequently, depending on the fight mechanics/your opponent. I also think it was tedious at some points (individual resistances for example), but the flavor of it was enjoyable looking back in hindsight. I do think certain auras like the old Sanctity Aura were really boring, since it didn't offer much in terms of versatility. But in the old days, choosing between, say, Concentration or Devotion (take less damage for a bit, or try to cast a heal when pushback mattered) felt much more dynamic.
i accepted my position as the concentration aura !@#$% a long time ago.

what is ret aura again?
To be fair your seals will now act as your stances in place of your auras. It may be possible your auras will be getting baked into your seals but I dunno.
04/11/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Leuts
To be fair your seals will now act as your stances in place of your auras. It may be possible your auras will be getting baked into your seals but I dunno.

Nope. Our auras are now concentrated into a holy paladin cooldown.
Thorns is on a CD .....