Guide to Rath Strat AV's (Update Coming Soon)

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 14 15 16 18 Next
first of all that's ridiculous because rath is an open community, not some elite 40 man AV team. people come, people go. all sorts. but for what it does, it is very good.

it's just that the pvp premise doesn't seem all that valid. yeah, rushing to vann isn't pvp, but neither is standing at a gy killing what can be essentially described as alliance target dummies.
Exactly my point friend...what I was saying is you would think it was an elite 40 man premade the way some of them come on here talking about what they do, how efficient and perfected this strat is that they invented...and well, the rest of the bs they troll the boards with.

(including this very thread)
07/10/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Dravot
I just logged into the vent server after a couple of months away, and it looks like you're no longer using the Speex codec, which means Mac users can no longer participate, since we can't hear or talk on vent :( Booooooo.

Yeah what's up with that. Is there a fix on our side we can use?

I'm only going from what I sort of picked up on last night but... Rath runs the Vent server himself as opposed to using a service like Typefrag or something like that. I believe he was having some issues with the server crashing and had to change the codec until he got it sorted out. Once it gets fixed, he'll get Speex back up and running or at least so I gather.

I think some of the vent mods are Mac based as well, so they'll probably try to get it fixed quickly.
I fail to see how this strategy isn't the equivalent of unexpectedly kicking someone in the balls and calling it a fair fight.
07/11/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Opopopopo
it's just that the pvp premise doesn't seem all that valid. yeah, rushing to vann isn't pvp, but neither is standing at a gy killing what can be essentially described as alliance target dummies.

I agree and that's why I lost interest in participating after a month and a couple of toons.

There is still the purely utilitarian side of it, where new Horde 85s are currently winning significantly less than half of their random BGs and that makes their honor progression woefully slower than Alliance. So Rath Strat helps them at least get on an even footing.

But I absolutely agree that graveyard camping falls far short of at least some of Rath Strat's stated goals. It's not that fun either after a little while. It requires a little bit of social/organizational skill up to a point, and that is basically a good feature of it. But beyond that point, it's not helping anyone learn their class's pvp mechanics. Ranged classes are safe enough that they aren't developing their self-preservations skills at all. And melee are typically so well healed that they are just getting practice in taking too many risks.

So I would even submit that Rath Strat has some aspects that are less than helpful to its own participants.

I'm not against it existing. It's just that it is no more and no less than what it is. A tool for scooping some more HKs on any newly-turned-85 Horde toon you might have that is moving along too slowly otherwise. Any attempt to tell more of an interesting story about what it is and what it does, just doesn't really go anywhere other than brewing up forum brouhaha.
06/18/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Såbinho
I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or if you really thought "the trinket" was real. I'll assume the latter though since you seem pretty dumb. lool

Seems you still fail at realizing the truth. No matter you cant handle the truth. LOL
07/11/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Quotapounda

I agree and that's why I lost interest in participating after a month and a couple of toons.

There is still the purely utilitarian side of it, where new Horde 85s are currently winning significantly less than half of their random BGs and that makes their honor progression woefully slower than Alliance. So Rath Strat helps them at least get on an even footing.

But I absolutely agree that graveyard camping falls far short of at least some of Rath Strat's stated goals. It's not that fun either after a little while. It requires a little bit of social/organizational skill up to a point, and that is basically a good feature of it. But beyond that point, it's not helping anyone learn their class's pvp mechanics. Ranged classes are safe enough that they aren't developing their self-preservations skills at all. And melee are typically so well healed that they are just getting practice in taking too many risks.

So I would even submit that Rath Strat has some aspects that are less than helpful to its own participants.

I'm not against it existing. It's just that it is no more and no less than what it is. A tool for scooping some more HKs on any newly-turned-85 Horde toon you might have that is moving along too slowly otherwise. Any attempt to tell more of an interesting story about what it is and what it does, just doesn't really go anywhere other than brewing up forum brouhaha.

It's about time someone on yoru side said it! Bravo sir!
07/11/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Sonsàku
I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or if you really thought "the trinket" was real. I'll assume the latter though since you seem pretty dumb. lool

Seems you still fail at realizing the truth. No matter you cant handle the truth. LOL

Why am i not surprised someone from Moonguard actually believes there is a trinket in game that shows you the location of all enemy troops in a BG.

Did i tell you about my flying delorean? How about my magical unicorn factory? Those things are just as real as this so called trinket rathamus claimed he had. It was an excuse he came up with b/c he used to send an alliance spies into the BG's they would do.
06/25/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Plurality
Unbeatable? When you guys went against open raids premade's you got rofl stomped it seems like an effective strat except when you hit another premade that doesnt straight run at you.

Generally when we beat other premades we don't come to the forums and gloat about it (at least to my knowledge) Most of us find that kind of behavior a bit distasteful. I like to think that the majority of us are pretty good sports when we do lose (which is why I made the post when we did lose to the open raid group, it was a freaking awesome game from both sides)

And to clarify, we did not get roflstomped. We got overwhelmed by a superior healing team. I firmly believe if we hadn't had the number of pugs that we did we might have actually won (2 of them had over 30 deaths alone, when the rest of us had like 4 or 5). We put a good resistance up and held a number of coordinated chokes for 90% of the game. An declared HK farm ended up and pulling and killing Drek in order to beat us (not their priority, and we had Vann at 80% when they won). They outplayed us certainly, but they definitely did not 'roflstomp' us. All this said, props to that team and their leadership, they played an excellent game, and if I'm going to lose, thats the kind of team that I want to lose to.

I'm only commenting about the game I was in, you could be talking about the other game you met openraid that I didn't participate in that same week . . . but this is how mine went:

As part of the way they run the game you were given a huge advantage with the two mid-towers burned with no resistance. After your pushes into our territory failed we continually pushed you back until you were at the best choke point in the game in your base and we wiped you there. You never held north/south bunker for more than a reasonable length of time and you wiped us once at IBT choke when people were lollygagging, but we regrouped and wiped you easily. I'm fairly certain our HK count (which is basically all we care about while running these things outside of straight winning) was extremely lopsided. Didn't ss the game though, so I can't come in here with any straight facts.

It was kind of fun but we want HKs and that is in no way an efficient way to do so and is also a disservice to the people on the waiting list and those who were split - so yeah, we will kill Drek when we can.

Don't take this as being disrespectful; I like to come in and be proud about a victory, it's just the way I am. But if I were on the same end as you I would still come in and tip my hat to the better team.

And to the Horde that are saying it's more fun to turtle AV in a pug when looking for PvP as opposed to playing some games of 'Knife Fight' with guns - I agree with you. I've been running these IoC battles for a few weeks now and they do what I need them to do, but I don't build it up to be anything it isn't. Where did Paul go?
Thanks for one of the most epic AV's of all time!

Special shout-out to Dontcry, the (most likely botting) Rogue who died 80 times! LOL

http://i.imgur.com/VnC3G.jpg

Special shout-out to Dontcry, the (most likely botting) Rogue who died 80 times! LOL

Daw I was in that one :( Although I ended up joining when we were around 200 or so resources.... quickly dwindling while you guys were still sitting around 140.

WTF that many times!? o.O

I havent seen any botters in any BGs whatsoever get that many deaths.
It is such a shame that you can only win an AV by doing a pre-made. Seems that you can't win any other way. Just goes to show you can't do it any other way because you do not have the skills to lead a random group of people. I'm sure you feel like a big man dragging out an AV to get your HKs since you can't get them any other way. I feel sorry for you. You must have your feelings hurt by being a loser all the time in AV. I hope you can get your ego up by using your little pre-mades to win against better alliance players when it just a random bunch of people who are playing a game. You are showing them that you can't enjoy a game of random players getting together to do a battleground, cause you know you do not have the skill to win one of these.
07/14/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Koranna
It is such a shame that you can only win an AV by doing a pre-made. Seems that you can't win any other way. Just goes to show you can't do it any other way because you do not have the skills to lead a random group of people. I'm sure you feel like a big man dragging out an AV to get your HKs since you can't get them any other way. I feel sorry for you. You must have your feelings hurt by being a loser all the time in AV. I hope you can get your ego up by using your little pre-mades to win against better alliance players when it just a random bunch of people who are playing a game. You are showing them that you can't enjoy a game of random players getting together to do a battleground, cause you know you do not have the skill to win one of these.

You just proved your own ignorance of reality right there. Do you honestly think that a single 2400 rated player in a random BG of pugs will be able to get the entire rest of the group he is with atm to listen and do what and when he tells them to win?

Odds are NO on that part. Thank you please drive through
It seems people get rolled and come to the forums to complain about it from what I have seen. Why would a player want to get rolled in random pugs when they could join a group that is actually organized? This seems like an easy choice for me. This isn't just some players taking advantage of unity and teamwork, but the other team not taking advantage of teamwork. It isn't like there is a auto kill function for anyone in the vent. It can still be beat, but it requires teamwork that most pugs won't follow because they only like to see big numbers.
Actually you have proven mine. Someone with good leadership skills can do it. I have seen it done. Like I said it takes someone with skill to get a random group of people to work as a team. All I have read is some QQing from the horde who can't win AV without making a premade which is crazy. I have been in some PUGs that do win without premades. It can be done. But if you want to feel better about your "skills" in a large premade and farming HKs then go ahead. I'm sure your ego can use the boost.
Forgive my ignorance, but do these things still go on? I'd love to see one being done! Just the other day, I was in a giant turtle but some of us ran to another gy and we got to drek and won it while everyone else kept dying to the giant turtle. Was that a rath strat (the turtling horde)?

Is there any possible way to tell it's one of these rath strats? I'm assuming not, though. Some of my most fun bg moments have been turtling AV's (and I am on the alli side only).
Forgive my ignorance, but do these things still go on? I'd love to see one being done! Just the other day, I was in a giant turtle but some of us ran to another gy and we got to drek and won it while everyone else kept dying to the giant turtle. Was that a rath strat (the turtling horde)?

Is there any possible way to tell it's one of these rath strats? I'm assuming not, though. Some of my most fun bg moments have been turtling AV's (and I am on the alli side only).

Most likely it was a turtling horde pug group. If it was rath strat, you wouldve had a pretty good sized group on you the moment drek yelled.
07/15/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Dokanaya
Most likely it was a turtling horde pug group. If it was rath strat, you wouldve had a pretty good sized group on you the moment drek yelled.

That sounds like something the alliance side should try too! Sounds fun!
07/16/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Arlyne

That sounds like something the alliance side should try too! Sounds fun!

True but rath strat hardly ever goes for vann. 98% chance its just the normal kill alliance for honor/HKs and not killing vann