I'm going to get ripped to pieces for this...

Arenas
but I made a 2v2 team with my feral druid friend. He's pretty decked out in res, around 3.5k I think? Anyways, I don't have hardly any, like, 1.1k, and I know this is going to be a stupid question, but please don't flame me for this, if you can help it.

We did some arena and got our butts handed to us pretty quickly, minus one or two fights where we did decent, and we even won one, but we're both totally new to arena, and I know this comes with practice and all that, but how much of a difference would it make if I go from my lame 1.1k res to say, 4k res?

I am pretty squishy and die awfully fast, but I kite pretty well, Scatter Shot/Freeze Trap the healer if there is one, focusing on my CCs and CDs, so is the reason I die so easily or whatever simply that I just need more res?

Also, any great hunters out there should give me some advanced tips, if they are so inclined. :)
04/13/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Railed
I think you know the answer.

I'll take that as a "Yes, you need more than 1.1k res you n00b!" hahaha
04/13/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Vârnish

Well, yeah. Also by saying you have 1.1k res means you're new to pvp/arena. Your druid friend isn't decked out at 3.5k res. My druid isn't even full cata and I'm at 4.8k res.
Well, while I'm not NEW at PvP, i'm just getting into it post 4.3

I wish this was like SC2 and I could just ask you guys if you wanted to play 1v1 sometime and maybe you could give me some pointers, but Blizzard hasn't implemented that. Yet.
04/13/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Vârnish

Yes. This exactly. I just started doing bgs on my priest to get her geared for pvp. I only have just over 1k resil and I get downed quickly. Now, I switch to my 4.6k res Shaman, and I'm a lot harder to kill.

So yes. More resilience. ESPECIALLY for arena.
You only get ripped apart if you act good and suck.

You both are undergeared and even a top player would have a hardtime going anywhere with that. Try aiming for 4k resilience minimum, which is full Ruthless. You just wont learn anything from being 2 shot.
You can get over 4k in honor gear. You're wearing decent pve gear so at least you're not doing crap damage while taking extra damage.

Getting a decent amount of resil is very very important. Only classes that stay at 4k or lower resil by choice is usually geared rogues and mages wearing sweet pve gear.
04/13/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Vârnish
how much of a difference would it make if I go from my lame 1.1k res to say, 4k res?

It would make a huge difference. About 4200 resil is like the baseline for doing arenas unless you're a highly experienced mage or rogue, then you can get away with less.

But it's important to understand that being fully geared in resil (i.e. pvp gear in every slot) is basically assumed. It's not like you get geared up and then can withstand lots of damage. You'll still get slaughtered if you're not controlling your opponents and using cooldowns to counter their cooldowns, etc. Damage is very high right now - and that's with everybody in FULL pvp gear (minus the aforementioned exceptions, but still basically everybody in full resil).
Okay, sounds good. I got a few more pieces and can really tell a difference, even if just a few hundred more Resilience. We actually won a couple of matches, so I'm pulling an all-nighter to get as much Ruthless as I can.

Thanks for all the tips, and maybe when Blizzard lets us choose who we match up against (for a sort of 2v2 duel cross server and faction), then we can go a few rounds. :D
04/13/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Billgatez
You only get ripped apart if you act good and suck.

^This.

People who actually come here for help and don't behave irrationally usually receive help. Unfortunately, most of the people that make threads on here just QQ because they think because they aren't winning that it's obviously because something else is OP instead of considering improving individually and as a team.

I wish this was like SC2 and I could just ask you guys if you wanted to play 1v1 sometime and maybe you could give me some pointers, but Blizzard hasn't implemented that. Yet.
It's called "Duel"
04/13/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Ticatwo
Only classes that stay at 4k or lower resil by choice is usually geared rogues and mages wearing sweet pve gear.

No one mentioned bears :(
04/14/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Clawandorder
No one mentioned bears :(

Its all fun and games until you get caught in a kidney out of form and go 100-0 :(

It's called "Duel"

I was talking cross server, or even cross faction. Cross-server dueling or even cross-server & faction dueling would be pro.
04/13/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Vârnish
He's pretty decked out in res, around 3.5k I think?

lmao
04/15/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Cosmicshift
He's pretty decked out in res, around 3.5k I think?

lmao

He's at 4.2k now. And I'm a noob man, waddya want? lol
i also found 3.5k funny. :D