How-to Channel for Kael'thas + mount/bag solo

Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/user/disteevnash

About a year ago Kripparrian posted a great video on solo'ing Kael'thas for a chance at Ashes of Al'ar. It's an amazing video, as his always are, but there are a few particular mechanics of the encounter that it seems like people are still struggling with. In particular, putting yourself in a good position to down all the adds in phases 2 and 3 in a timely manner as well as handling the placement of your pet during phase 4 when he's tanking Kael'thas on the opposite side of the pillar.

For that reason I created a bit of a longer video detailing a few things someone can do to make the encounter easier as a whole.

The purpose behind my channel is that most of the "hunter solo" videos are set up more like "look what I can do" videos, with basically some song playing over the encounter. That's not incredibly useful for someone attempting to learn it so I'm subbing in commentary to explain why things are done a particular way. More Solo videos are coming this week, just need to add in some commentary. Some of those are:

6 minute clear of Altairus in Vortex Pinnacle for the Reins of the Drake of the North Wind

6 minute clear of Slabhide in Stonecore for the Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake

3 minute clear of Skadi the Ruthless for the Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake

Malygos kill in Eye of Eternity for the Reins of the Azure Drake and Reins of the Blue Drake

Vault of Archavon clear for the Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth

Onyxia's Lair clear for the Reins of the Onyxian Drake

3 Minute clear of Attumen the Huntsman for the Fiery Warhorse's Reins

Kills of Sartharion, Magtheridon, and Onyxia for a full set of 20+ slot bags
Dragon Hide Bag Enlarged Onyxia Hide Backpack Pit Lord's Satchel

How to solo Razorgore to open up the rest of BWL for farming.

As well as some guides to "Hunter'ing" the Dragon Soul heroic encounters.

Again, at the moment the only video up is the Kael'thas solo. I'll probably be recording commentary and uploading 6-7 videos before the end of the week starting with the ones listed above. I'm also working on Sartharion 3d for the Reins of the Black Drake. This video will be up as soon as it's completed. Please don't hesitate to let me know if anyone has questions on anything in the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/disteevnash
One thing I would suggest is increasing the volume of your video. I thought you were pretty quiet throughout the video, and that's with the max volume on youtube. Other then that is was a very good guide and I can't wait to see some of the others.

Also, have you ever been mind controlled going into phase 5? I've had maybe 1 or 2 attempts where when Kael'thas is coming down from the air and he would MC me and I would kill my pet. It could be a bug or just an odd chance of happening, but ever since I've hid behind the statue until he hits the ground to make sure it never happens again.
Appreciate it Mack, love the Guild name by the way.

Yeah I was surprised as well when I heard the recording at how low the volume is, will definitely raise it up for future videos

I haven't noticed any MC's going into or during P5, thank god because that would probably quickly lead to me sending my mouse through my patio door in absolute frustration lol...

Did you notice it just this past week or even before that? As I've seen a few posts from people saying he's acting a little weird this week.

The purpose behind my channel is that most of the "hunter solo" videos are set up more like "look what I can do" videos, with basically some song playing over the encounter.

HOLY GOD! ^^THIS TIMES 100!!! I dont know how many times, despite me liking the poster of the videos, that I thought, "Jesus can they just EXPLAIN things instead of playing "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor"

Also, great videos but it sounded REALLY LOW on the volume. Need comfirmation from someone else to see if its just me, or your vids are too low.

Also as a bm hunter I have a better time keeping my pet alive and when LoSing kill command really helps get him to 4th phase but I do suffer on some damage in the last phase.

The purpose behind my channel is that most of the "hunter solo" videos are set up more like "look what I can do" videos, with basically some song playing over the encounter.

HOLY GOD! ^^THIS TIMES 100!!! I dont know how many times, despite me liking the poster of the videos, that I thought, "Jesus can they just EXPLAIN things instead of playing "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor"

Also, great videos but it sounded REALLY LOW on the volume. Need comfirmation from someone else to see if its just me, or your vids are too low.
I know in my videos I usually just have music playing over while there is a quick description of how to do what I did to solo said encounter in the description section on the video. I'm pretty uncomfortable with talking (especially if a lot of others are going to hear it!) so I choose not to. I think that the video you came out seems good though. As Mack pointed out I would try to increase the volume just a bit, at max for me it was fine but I'm certain for others it might not be.

Anyways GL with the vids! I've hit like on it and subbed ^_^.
Sorry I guess I should have read Macks post where he mentioned the volume also. At least It shows it wasnt just me though. I sub'd to your channel Steve.
Actually I did see it last week. I randomly ran it with 2 other people because I wanted help with Solarian for transmog, and they just decided to tag along for Kael"thas as well. Their was no MC in phase 4 because we just blew through it so fast, but when phase 5 came, they both randomly got MC'd and killed my pet. Once again, that was when he was slowly coming down from the air.

The only other time it has happened in phase 5 would have been a couple of months ago, or maybe last month, don't really remember.

appreciate it, could I get a link to your guides? would love to check them out.
One thing I would suggest is increasing the volume of your video. I thought you were pretty quiet throughout the video, and that's with the max volume on youtube. Other then that is was a very good guide and I can't wait to see some of the others.

Also, have you ever been mind controlled going into phase 5? I've had maybe 1 or 2 attempts where when Kael'thas is coming down from the air and he would MC me and I would kill my pet. It could be a bug or just an odd chance of happening, but ever since I've hid behind the statue until he hits the ground to make sure it never happens again.

This occurrence isn't consistent, but I've noticed it as well. The best way to counter this is to have your pet standing in the middle of the room, and when he goes into the air doing his whole RP thing, you LOS him using one of the pillars until he's done levitating down and he begins casting fireballs on your pet. This has been the safest way for me to counter the MC that he sometimes casts while he's doing the RP thing.

appreciate it, could I get a link to your guides? would love to check them out.
Sure thing!

http://www.youtube.com/user/lazypeon100?feature=mhee

That should take you to my channel, again though I don't talk in the vids so there should be some brief guides in the description section. If you find anything I should elaborate on please let me know :D. Hope it helps!
I'm guilty of posting a "look what I can do" kael'thas video. Didn't watch the whole thing but looks well done. Volume didn't sound too terribly low to me.

I've had the MC in P5 happen as well, but not in a looooong time. I always stand behind the statue til he's around halfway descended to the ground. Not a bad idea to keep your pet up by him though while you LOS for P5 transition, but I've never bothered with it.

I've done it 40+ times now though, so it's become very second nature to me. Successfully/easily done it with all 3 specs, usually just raid-oriented specs. Usually carry some bandages if I screw up substantially but it's rare nowadays.
I'm guilty of posting a "look what I can do" kael'thas video. Didn't watch the whole thing but looks well done. Volume didn't sound too terribly low to me.

I've had the MC in P5 happen as well, but not in a looooong time. I always stand behind the statue til he's around halfway descended to the ground. Not a bad idea to keep your pet up by him though while you LOS for P5 transition, but I've never bothered with it.

I've done it 40+ times now though, so it's become very second nature to me. Successfully/easily done it with all 3 specs, usually just raid-oriented specs. Usually carry some bandages if I screw up substantially but it's rare nowadays.

holy !@#$... that is an incredible transmog set sir.... love how that gun looks on a worgen, so ironic too.
Id like to add that if youre a BM hunter, be careful with bestial wrath sometimes. The pet can get stuck more on the corners near the statue. Alternatively I usually use the OTHER statue on the other side of the wall.

Lastly, sometimes when Kael is coming down it will bug and mind control you. Its not that common but I have had it happen during that phase, so I always stand behind the statue as he comes down.

holy !@#$... that is an incredible transmog set sir.... love how that gun looks on a worgen, so ironic too.

Thanks! Still a work in progress actually, missing chest, legs, and boots. They all drop in Ulduar, 10M only, and it is an epic b*tch to get people to run it.

For reference, this is the completed set:

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=456

The cloak, helm, and weapons I picked myself.
I don't remember if you said it was normal or not, but I was just soloing Kael and the 100k damage randomly with his fire ability happened to me, kinda startled me. :P
nice!

Subbed and looking forward to seeing more :)
04/17/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Máck
I don't remember if you said it was normal or not, but I was just soloing Kael and the 100k damage randomly with his fire ability happened to me, kinda startled me. :P

It's flamestrike. Just walk out of it, you have a fairly good chance of resisting it but it isn't worth the risk. You have probably 5 seconds warning time before it blows up.
Got a few videos up last night:

6 Minute Stonecore clear up to Slabhide, only clearing 1 pull + Millhouse x2, for the Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake

6 Minute Vortex Pinnacle clear up Altairus, clearing 0 trash, for the Reins of the Drake of the North Wind

Figured out the Sound issue on why it was so low, but had already uploaded one of the videos by the time I did. But I believe the Stonecore run has the sound set at a higher level as will the rest of the videos that are put up.

youtube.com/user/disteevnash
wow, very inspiring videos. Thanks
Got to say did the Slabhide guide and got the mount on the first try. ^_^ Still a little quiet but the guide is rather good.