Random idea that will never be.

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Ok here's the idea i have been thinking about over sushi and beer. A pvp raid where a player plays the boss and fights against 10-40 other normal players. Off the top of my head i can think of a bunch of reasons why this would be really hard to implament but it could be really fun if you could ever manage to tune it and get people to participate. End random thought.
it would be kind of fun to be the raid boss for a change. i approve. setting off random abilities and trying to time it so they were inbetween interrupts or when raidwide healing cds were down or something.
You'd run into the same pitfall as Left 4 Dead. I think the majority of the playerbase would want to play the boss, and not enough would play the raid. So, you'd have to force everybody into both roles, alternating access to the boss and to the raid.

That, and this boss better not drop loot.
Like a king of the hill situation? This would have been fun as a post WotLK pvp scenario. Someone can pick up frostmourne and be turned into a mega death knight lol
You'd run into the same pitfall as Left 4 Dead. I think the majority of the playerbase would want to play the boss, and not enough would play the raid. So, you'd have to force everybody into both roles, alternating access to the boss and to the raid.

Yes for sure everyone would want to play the boss. I had the idea where it could be a gimmick fight where a randomly selected member of the raid gets turned into the boss. If he wins the fight he gets some good loot and if the raid wins the fight he drops loot. The problem, as you have alluded, would be the obvious and unavoidable room to exploit.

You could make it so you have to queue up for the fight as a random group. The Boss is selected randomly and this can solve the issued of a preexisting raid that can throw the fight on either side.