Frost Death Knights are squishy despite resil

Death Knight
I (a Frost Death Knight) have 4988 resilience. In Warsong Gulch desmourning i stumbled upon an opposing faction Rogue. This rogue, after using his sap until it dr'ed (which is 10 seconds of stun...) opened on me. He was not geared and infact after i armoried him he was wearing a blue item amongst his cata and ruthless pieces. In that opener (a kidney shot followed by a cheap shot) i died. It felt apparent that the class was over powered or my class was under armored. After being killed by the same rogue countless times (one time even using my trinket which lead to nothing but death again), it had occured that Frost Death Knights armor value is inferior. I have watched countless rogues open on other classes and simply get them to 3/4 or 1/2 health, but killing one in an opener!?. How does this make the game balanced and how does it make Frost Death Knights feel when people that just dinged can kill us without hesitation. Please fix this Blizzard, you seem to look past all of the main issues and look deeper into the issues that aren't really considered 'an issue'. ~Truskets
its a bit of both actually

rogues are broken atm
frost dks survivability against other melee is horrid for a plate wearer
04/13/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Truskets
desmourning

I stopped reading at this point.
glass cannon
Sub rogues are our biggest counter right now. They have a massive advantage; we simply do not have the tools to deal with their tool kit.

However, while it sucks to get ripped apart by rogues (and other melee to a lesser extent), you are ignoring what we do to warlocks, boomkins, elemental shaman, and all priests. We are also the best healer killer in the game. So while we have pretty severe weaknesses against physical classes, it is balanced against our anti-caster ability.
Honestly I know im not geared but I just had a rogue in BG hitting me for 25-30k crit and im like wtf trying to put a good dent in him...rogues are very broken.
You skipped the Medallion. You could've gotten out of the stun and faced him before getting torn apart. If you have it and used it and still lost, well, 30 sec, spawn, and get in a larger group.

Rogues have that pesky little "take all their armor off and stick knives in them" ability. I believe that renders your resilience useless. If I'm wrong, it at least makes your armor useless, which is bad for any plate wearer. And maybe I'm completely wrong on both points, but somehow, some way, that ability is bad for plate wearers.

If you're off on your own, alone, a rogue will probably kill most classes who don't use CDs to counter them.
You skipped the Medallion. You could've gotten out of the stun and faced him before getting torn apart. If you have it and used it and still lost, well, 30 sec, spawn, and get in a larger group.

Rogues have that pesky little "take all their armor off and stick knives in them" ability. I believe that renders your resilience useless. If I'm wrong, it at least makes your armor useless, which is bad for any plate wearer. And maybe I'm completely wrong on both points, but somehow, some way, that ability is bad for plate wearers.

If you're off on your own, alone, a rogue will probably kill most classes who don't use CDs to counter them.

The skill allows them to ignore 70% of their armor for a little while after using ambush or Cheap Shot. DKs have that skill that makes us immune to stuns...Can't recall the name of that. Abuse it.

The skill allows them to ignore 70% of their armor for a little while after using ambush or Cheap Shot. DKs have that skill that makes us immune to stuns...Can't recall the name of that. Abuse it.
Problem is if you get opened on by a Rogue you won't have any RP to use IBF, resulting in you dying in the opener regardless if you used your trinket or not.
When you make posts about other classes being OP and you

1. Don't have an actual pvp spec.

2. Don't have glyph spots filled out.

3. Have actively sought critical strike rating.

4. have no spell pen, not enough hit, too much expertise and too much crit

it makes actual arguments about rogues being OP less effective.

Now, are rogues BS for DK's. Absolutely. Is it partly your fault. Totally.

Go read a guide.
Frost DKs are actually probably one of the best rounded PvP classes atm. Probably not best suited for 2s, but for 3s and rbgs I'd say they are still king. The problem is people don't get how to successfully play DKs, but oh boy let me tell you when that one DK that knows his !@#$ comes around they want to %^-*! up a storm about him.
SIX empty glyph slots, no spell pen...

also: learn to trinket cheapshot and activate IBF. your 4 piece + 1 howling blast will give you enough RP for it

also: learn to trinket cheapshot and activate IBF. your 4 piece + 1 howling blast will give you enough RP for it

worst advice ever for a number of reasons

1st off good rogues dont open with cheap shot
2nd trinketing cheap shot leaves you open to the rogue getting a free restealth from blind
3rd 4 piece doesnt generate RP fast enough for you to get a IBF up for the duration of a rogue stun.
Let's be honest here, you are not going to stop a rogue from restealthing if they want to and the rogue doesn't even need to use blind at all to wipe the floor with a frost DK.

If you are lucky and fight a bad rogue then you might be able to get a kill after they waste cloak, 2x vanish, dismantle, evasion, blind and shadow dance.

Also, if you are mounted the rogue might well open with cheap shot because if they garrote you can just ride away.

worst advice ever for a number of reasons

1st off good rogues dont open with cheap shot
2nd trinketing cheap shot leaves you open to the rogue getting a free restealth from blind
3rd 4 piece doesnt generate RP fast enough for you to get a IBF up for the duration of a rogue stun.

Also Cheap Shot is a 2 second stun. You save trinket for the five second Kidney in a Smokebomb. There really isn't much a Frost DK can do against a Sub Rogue solo. Unholy has a few tips and tricks it can abuse, such as I always position my ghoul behind me so that the Rogue won't dodge the Gnaw (it'll come from the back) on the opener... But even then it's not so much about winning as surviving the extra ten seconds.
@Gashcat

I dont have a pvp spec? i thought frost was considered a pvp spec. Don't have glyph spots filled out? i have a all of my main glyhps that i use/need. Have no spell pen, not enough hit, too much expertise and too much crit? I barely need spell pen...at all; i have a 0.05% miss chance which is not bad at all!; too much expertise because maybe i dont want to be dodged or parried by a rogue which happens to be my counter lol; crit strike is one of my main stats...

You have 2300 aachievment points so you obviously haven't been playing Death Knights for that long and i would appreciate it if you didn't post pointless opinions on my posts.
I dont have a pvp spec? i thought frost was considered a pvp spec. Don't have glyph spots filled out? i have a all of my main glyhps that i use/need. Have no spell pen, not enough hit, too much expertise and too much crit? I barely need spell pen...at all; i have a 0.05% miss chance which is not bad at all!; too much expertise because maybe i dont want to be dodged or parried by a rogue which happens to be my counter lol; crit strike is one of my main stats...

You have 2300 aachievment points so you obviously haven't been playing Death Knights for that long and i would appreciate it if you didn't post pointless opinions on my posts.

You're an idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Get a better spec. You don't use obliterate in PvP. Ever. You need lichborne, endless winter, desecration and unholy command.
Fill out ALL of your glyphs.
Spell penetration is required for PvP because the majority of damage we deal is spell damage. You're essentially dealing 30% less damage than you should be.
You need 5% hit to reach the cap. No more, no less.
Expertise is good for warriors, not so much for us. Reforge for either haste or mastery.
Crit is !@#$ for us, especially considering killing machine.

Achievement points mean %^-* all, his opinions aren't pointless, they're spot on and facts.
04/14/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Reknarok
You don't use obliterate in PvP.

Clothies, low health.
calling someone out on achievement points when they are right about your spec, classy