Boomkin vs ret

Druid
How the !@#$ do I do anything? Between repent, hoj, and the best slow in game I feel useless. I can't kite, I can't do dmg to him because he just wogs himself for 70k+ every 10seconds, and if I pop all my cds he just bubbles and heals. What am I suppose to do?
Outrun him! That's basically our counter.
you cant outrun him you are permaslowed by judge of justice... the best slow in the game.
Hmm, I dont know. Never ever EVER had a problem outrunning them, with or without Nature's Grasp.
You could always solar beam root him then blow him up if bubble and trinket are down, starting in cat stealth helps too, just pounce and then drop some dots on him
Moonkin is not meant to be able to beat any other class except maybe hunters...
We counter rets in 1v1...

Use mushrooms, roots, silence and Typhoon to stay out of range.
We counter rets in 1v1...

Use mushrooms, roots, silence and Typhoon to stay out of range.

Disagreeing. They only need to Force a trinket (HoJ) and procede to HoF through all of our CDs/slows/etc. A good Ret will simply have just enuogh tools to counter almost everything we have.

Keep your DOTs rolling throughout the entirety of this play-by-play. You should be using mushrooms during movement. You need to force Repent and HoJ before using Typhoon. You need to run away and Lifebloom, Rejuv, then Cyclone so you may use Healing Touch. When Cyclone fades, root them. Force a HoF and refresh Lifebloom and go Bear Form, jump through him, 180º spin, and Bash. Cyclone again and refresh Rejuv. Now you need to blow him up and pop everything you have. Force LoH or DS. If they DS, go Cat Form and Stampeding Roar (they can't Judgement and hopefully the debuff faded). Apply Lifebloom and Rejuv again. When the pally runs up to you again, Solar Beam and continue nuking. Nature's Grasp as Solar Beam fades and force a HoF. Typhoon and continue to self-heal.

* Save Barkskin for the second HoJ.
* Lead yourself with your mushrooms.
* You're going to outheal the pally and force them to use cooldowns when you want him to.

It's sad it takes that much effort for a small chance to win 1v1.
Place solarbeam

Stand in solarbeam

If he stands in there with you, /lol @ him
every time typhoon is up, that's when you throw up your 3 life blooms and go back moonkin form.

Also if you're unable to keep distance, standing in your solar beam keeps him from using a lot of abilities on you in melee range. I believe it stops interrupt as well (I think it's considering a spell cast) But i'm not 100% sure. I know its like that for DK's.

Don't forget you can typhoon cyclone. If he trinkets that you can save your bear form bash-> cyclone if you start getting low.

What i found to work is to keep moving, almost always cyclone after typhoon to give you time to heal get more distance. If they pop wings, you have to spam cc on him. or he'll get you really low from rang.

You really need to revolve your kiting CD's with typhoon. like typhoon root, typhoon cyclone, typhoon shroom.

Don't forget to use stampede roar. the ret's peed boost is 45%, stampede is faster than that, so you can pop that and start stacking more blooms to keep distance as well.

You're killing him with dots and moonfire spam + treants and starfall every time it's up. I usually don't cast roots unless it's right after freedom is used and i'm silencing him, i have to stand still which is more ground loss than his lost from one dispel cast on my roots.
i dont see how a slow is being used as an argument whatsoever, /shift out, /shift in, slow gone.
04/13/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Winký
i dont see how a slow is being used as an argument whatsoever, /shift out, /shift in, slow gone.

Seal of Justice[Judgement] isn't a slow, but rather a speed limit. You can't move at anything above 100% (+0% mod).
Find a tree. Run around said tree while keeping moonfire up. Watch ret pally rage.
im not a boomkin but when i played some balance id wait for him to pop wings, and trinket the hoj with 24/7 hots up and pop solar beam and stand in it, he cant do !@#$, then go bear bash, and try to recover, after that its pretty easy, but thats if you survive until wings, good ret will wait good amount of time to force barkskin and some other cds like trink... and yes you do have to hardcast vs ret or he will wog through ur dot dmg like u said, unless its a well time starfall.

only class i see boomkin counter 1v1 is an ele shaman.. (pvp spec wise) since ele is even worst at dueling...
04/13/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Creamo
Find a tree. Run around said tree while keeping moonfire up. Watch ret pally rage.
Yes, be the chicken you so much resemble.
its not your fault.

boomkins have no finishing moves like shadow word pain or kill shot, and we certainly dont have any instant cast nukes unless starsurge procs. but saving startsurge procs is a bad idea as it has a duration and you are loseing overall dps.

thats why everytime we cry we get told to do bg's because our overall damage is more valueable.

I'm not telling you to do that, in fact I wish every moonkin who pvp's would take a stand.
Ret is easy 1v1. Cycle mushrooms and typhoons to snare him and keep him at a distance. If he gets in melee range either nature's grasp or bear form->bash->cyclone and gain some distance. Barkskin when he pops offensive cooldowns. Other than that keep dots on him, hots on you and don't let him get in melee range.
04/14/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Bloodmistx
Yes, be the chicken you so much resemble.

It worked guys, told you!