Soo...how are people starving in Westfall?

Story Forum
04/16/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Drailen
I would say this notion becomes invalid since Westfall is really just a continuation of a story that happened in vanilla.

It's the continuation of a story that was finished in Vanilla. There was not need or hook that existed that required the resurrection of the Defias. A far more compelling and relevant story would have been a raid by the Horde, or an invasion by the same, to cripple the Alliance bread basket.

It's not an attempt to make you a hero. It's an attempt to put your character in between a conflict, ultimately siding with Stormwind because the Defias always resort to extreme violence despite their noble reasons.

I am basing my hero comment on the basis that the leveling experience is, supposedly, to make your character into a hero. To make you feel like a hero. That is not Westfall.

You were not meant to be happy when you walked away from killing Edwin VanCleef. You just did what was necessary.

And why ever not? Despite the legitimate basis for grievance, he crossed a line. I don't particularly sympathize with Somali pirates, or the ilk, who while doubtlessly have tough lives, cross the line.
It's the continuation of a story that was finished in Vanilla. There was not need or hook that existed that required the resurrection of the Defias. A far more compelling and relevant story would have been a raid by the Horde, or an invasion by the same, to cripple the Alliance bread basket.

Blizzard obviously felt otherwise.
I am basing my hero comment on the basis that the leveling experience is, supposedly, to make your character into a hero. To make you feel like a hero. That is not Westfall.

Okay. Well, heroes sometimes have to do stuff they hate doing for the greater good.
And why ever not? Despite the legitimate basis for grievance, he crossed a line. I don't particularly sympathize with Somali pirates, or the ilk, who while doubtlessly have tough lives, cross the line.

But you also did it knowing that, really, Vancleef was lashing out because he was wronged.
I think part of the problem was that we disposed of the defias, but did nothing about the corruption of the nobles in Stormwind. We just turned in the head of VanCleef and hoped the nobles would learn to be good people. We brought justice to one person who did wrong, but the people who caused the whole problem were left untouched.

The alliance story continued with the Missing Diplomat quest (one of my favorites), but again that chain just ended and there was no follow-up search for the "diplomat." There was no retribution for the corruption within Stormwind that allowed this to happen either. Only the low ranking private is seemingly reprimanded.

Finally, the onyxia quest-line did tie-up the loose ends to the Stormwind scandals and corruption. However, the problem with all of the quests was they were so detached from each other, people quickly forgot the overall theme of corruption went as far back as Westfall (in Vanilla).

Those were my favorite quests to do in Vanilla despite their flaws and disconnects, but now they are gone. Sadly, I can't think of any current quest that I feel worthy enough to add to my favorites list.
You'd think it'd be really easy for Varian to get the nobles to behave better, considering they mess themselves whenever Varian enters the room if his short story is to be believed.

I don't think that the resurgence of the Defias in Westfall had anything to do with the nobles. I think that Vanessa was just really smart and nobody was expecting the Defias to come back after such a decisive blow had been delivered to them in Old Deadmines.

(I don't think that's any excuse to rehash the plotline though. I would've used Westfall to expand on the story of Duskwood, which has by far the most interesting plot of the Human zones.)

But you also did it knowing that, really, Vancleef was lashing out because he was wronged.

Everybody involved was wronged except for Onyxia.
04/15/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Drailen
Or they could just as Celine of the Harvest to get out of her silly little house once in awhile and take a tour of Westfall.

Sounds like another good reason for why they should have integrated the Worgen more in the Eastern Kingdoms instead of Kalimdor.
04/17/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Drailen
Blizzard obviously felt otherwise.

They also feel Me'dan was a good addition to the story.

04/17/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Drailen

And also knowing that he refused payment from Varian, and instead demanded more out of pique. [_]} The care cup is empty.
[quote]

And people in the south of the US still go boar hunting with just a spear..Which is being generous, it's actually just a big knife lashed to an aluminum pole with copper wire. Yee haw.

sounds fun.
Stormwind was bringing them food. But a certain evil lady in thigh high boots had couriers killed.

And the boars in question are called goretusk, GOREtusk! As in tusk, that gore you!!!!!!!!!!!!
04/17/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Drede
And the boars in question are called goretusk, GOREtusk! As in tusk, that gore you!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what boars do. They're not timid creatures.
... wild boar walking around lazily.

These are Westfall boars we're talking about here right? The 'Goretusks' in which only 1 in 10 appear to walk around with functioning livers - who knows how many actually have anything resembling meat on them. Due to their almost complete lack of internal organs I'd always imagined them as some sort of ambulatory bag of skin and bone sharing the necessary organs between them. The forsaken should love them as pets.
I got to thinking... there's really a simple way to deal with the hunger in Westfall.

Feed the homeless to the hungry.
Eliminate both hunger and homelessness.
Two birds with one stone.

Jonathan Swift, is that you?
If westfall is the breadbasket of the alliance wouldnt that mean they are sending most of their food to the cities