JC in Mists

Professions
MMO just listed some new JC "Serpent's Eye" cuts, the tooltips of which state "Unique Equipped: Jeweler's Facet (2)".

My guess is that JC's will be getting a BoP craftable epic trinket for the first raid tier, similar to the Cataclysm engineering helmets, with cogwheel sockets.

The other interesting thing about the cuts listed is that secondary stats have 150% of the itemization of the primary stats. Hopefully the gem market will be a bit more interesting in the expansion, unlike now, where if it's not red, it's crap.
I would love every gem to be useful! I really don't enjoy prospecting ore and not caring unless I get something red out of it. Having an equip like the engineering helm would be really cool. I tend (as a JC) to spend most of my time cutting things for others, it'd be nice to have something for myself.
There are a lot of things that could be done about "worthless colors".

Changing color assignments
Bonus stats for "bad" gems
cracking a rare for a couple uncommons (would be useful to change them to enchanting mats, or the dailies)
purchasing recipes like about all the other professions
transmutes(eg change a rare purple into a rare red and rare blue with a 1 day cd)
etc
Nice to hear about the secondary stats.

As for the serpents eyes, I would assume Blizzard is finally caving on the rounding issue. So instead of 3 gems, you only get 2 gems, worth twice the value of rare gems.

I foresee a similar trinket situation as in Cata, with JC having multiple "346" trinkets to choose from. Though hopefully with the post-launch changes to the alchemy trinkets in Cata, the new JC gems will at least have sockets. While somewhat OP in WotLK, giving JC sockets via the trinkets was a great leveling benefit.
As for the serpents eyes, I would assume Blizzard is finally caving on the rounding issue. So instead of 3 gems, you only get 2 gems, worth twice the value of rare gems.

That was my first thought, but it doesn't make sense to have both epic gems, and extra sockets (Jeweler's Facets).

Unless this is a "cogwheel" arrangement.