Getting wrecked in PvP as Afflict. What do?

Warlock
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
Aff sucks 1v1 against equally skilled/geared players

/thread

Seriously, you don't have enough counters, kiting abilities or damage to take most good players 1v1 of any class... especially when they have cooldowns to use.

Any melee class you my as well go ahead and bend over.

As far as DK's, yeah they are hard. Especially with AMS and strangulate. Portal is pretty much useless against any GOOD DK's. Smart DK's are going to run TO your portal and THEN deathgrip you. UH DK's are even worse, since (if they are good) you aren't even going to be able to souburn/tele to run away because he is going to ghoul stun you immediately and you won't get much distance.

For your best chance:
- Make sure you have your portal down and healthstone up.
- Use spell lock right off the bat to try and prevent strangulate and get off a fear to dot up / force trinket or lich.
- Try your best to wait and use tele AFTER DG. Use your other tools to try and get away first.
- Don't forget you can use spell lock to keep him from mind freezing if he is right on top of you. Use this to get off a cast fear if howl is down.
- Similarly, if you have to port before DG, you can use spell lock immediately to prevent it for a few seconds to maybe get a UA off if needed, or make a little extra distance and maybe get out of range.

Still it's a very hard fought battle, and as I said, if the DK has more than half a brain, it's probably going to be a losing battle.
I don't see it.

Realistically you're going to be running with the imp out. I'll be free casting Chains, HB with any distance or grip you back to your potal and chain you there. NS will take care of all your healing and slowing your casting down. Mind freeze, strangulate, AMS, litchborn, pet and toss in a few dots ticking.

I'm not saying that you're not a talented PvPer, maybe you're the best damn lock out there but you're fighting a hard counter and it's going to be an uphill battle the whole way.

Hey I love my lock, he's great in groups and all but 1v1 they're poorly thought out. You can say sit here and say that 1v1, 2v2 or world PvP doesn't matter but your just making excuses for the dev teams poor PvP balance and execution. If I was up to me I'd hire a kid from M.I.T. to fix an balance all the classes. Hell he'd probably do it for a free month subscription and have the new system laid out in a week!
Hey I love my lock, he's great in groups and all but 1v1 they're poorly thought out. You can say sit here and say that 1v1, 2v2 or world PvP doesn't matter but your just making excuses for the dev teams poor PvP balance and execution. If I was up to me I'd hire a kid from M.I.T. to fix an balance all the classes. Hell he'd probably do it for a free month subscription and have the new system laid out in a week!
I am not at all saying warlocks are bad 1v1, maybe as affliction but as destruction I can beat most players in 1v1 excluding rogues and unholy dks. I have around 3000 or so duels, most of them won...so I'm pretty sure I have some idea on how to beat frost dks :P
Still not posting on your lock I see.
04/18/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Gangbusta
I sent you a link to my main, what are you daft? My account got forum banned.
04/18/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Maleficent
@Andromeduss: I'm sure your gems, gear level, and Mending enchant on your weap are irrelevant to your failure in duels.

Actually it is. Since what I stated is still true no matter what my gear. But if you would have been less inclined to be a doucheb@g and payed attention to my character you would see that I haven't even done anything on my lock since January, and that wasn't even serious play since I quit shortly after Cata came out because of how screwed up everything was. Just came back for a little while at the end of 2011 to try things out and see if it was any better. I haven't played my lock seriously since they fu*#&d everything up. Been playing other toons...

So go back to your bridge troll, it's not like your any better anyways. Sad part is you're actually trying.
dont be bad
04/18/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Maleficent
So you're mad because...?

Not mad, I just enjoy putting smart !@# trolls in their place. = )
You didn't put anyone in their place. I stated your problems in duels against DK's could be positively correlated to your gear.

You replied with a melodramatic, arrogant statement about trolling and your history of playtime. Neither which are relevant to this discussion.

Sorry our opinions differ, but the seldom 2k+ xp DK's on my server aren't much of an issue.

Whatever dude. You can tell by the way your comment was stated that you were just trying to be a smart !@#. Since if you would just take your statement as fact, you would have told me that my gear really didn't have anything to do with my "failure" in duels. (Which my % isn't that bad btw, and was made worse by cata)

Also, I never said anything in my post about having problems with average DK's. I even spent a paragraph talking about what smart DK's do... The main point was against equally skilled/geared players, aff locks are at a disadvantage 1v1. I'm not even going to bother with a reply if you want to argue that.

That is what is relevant to this discussion, not you trying to insult me.

- PS - Don't knock mending on the staff. Makes you really tanky in bg's when you start spreading dots around, which is the whole reason I picked up a staff in addition to dagger/oh (since I didn't normally have pocket heals). And I like the mog.
04/18/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Maleficent

Same could be said to you.

May I also add, not one duel on your Death Knight, and only two basic arena achieves. Stop trolling.

I have been. Look back for Ravloc.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Ravloc/advanced
He was my main until December when I logged onto my DK to see what I was doing wrong. My DKs been my main since then. I recently started using him again due to bad PuG warlocks in our RBGs.

I don't see how you think I'm trolling. Look at the numbers again. I don't bother with arenas much because I play solo most of the time but I know I haven't lost much. I'm sure my KBs are up there too.

Maybe you think locks are peachy as is but I see a class that's limping along in some areas from a bunch of class changes and nerfs. It left us with a few holes solo but enough synergy when grouped to cover those holes.

@Sathrago - I saw after I posted. I'm at work and posting from my iPhone. I'll hit you up tonight.
04/18/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Gangbusta
@Sathrago - I saw after I posted. I'm at work and posting from my iPhone. I'll hit you up tonight.
Alright good stuff.
Just a thought for OP - consider the second point of Demonic Aegis while you're gearing. The extra self healing is actually quite significant, especially when you're multidotting. Also, i would drop your pet dmg points in pvp and grab at least one point of the shadow bolt debuff. You'll be a better help for those around you, and obviously you're depending on others to carry you until you're geared.

Nerf ball, waterbed, natural s9009....whatever you're analogy for squishy. You shouldn't be in a group of less than 4 others, and really should be standing on top of a healer ready to howl for her. You'll get more resi, and you can then start to leave the nest a bit when you hit around 3K.

Don't try to kill anything. Just get your CoE/Jinx up asap, preferably on a healer, and open with UA / Haunt. Then you'll probably have to kite, and cast corruption and bane whilst running around. If you can free cast get UA/shadow bolt on others, but basically keep your dots going round.
04/18/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Dotsonface
should be standing on top of a healer ready to howl for her.
Who else got a dirty image?
LOL Sathrafail.. cmon now. Forum Banned? LOOOOOL

to all the warlocks posting here, warlocks are trash unless you're like me, and can actually play, then warlocks are golden gods!

is this game hard?

http://imgur.com/a/EITtI
I find it amazing that you have all these pictures, that are in premade random bgs if I might add, and still say warlocks are terrible. I think you win in terms of rank 1 troll.