Another 250,000 Beta Invites Are Heading Out

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 137 138 139 Next
Question.

Why does everyone not read or ignore the 'several factors, including' part of this...

---
"...several factors, including how long your World of Warcraft account has been active and when you signed up for the Annual Pass..."
---

Several is more than two, and therefore must mean, in this case as literally stated, more than the two variables that everyone use for justification. Without knowing what the other variables are, how can one justify?

Is it me?
....... my girl friend got hers and i pay for my AP before she got hers and she still got beta before me
04/18/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Wesgrízz
i pay for my AP before she got hers

Really? How much did you pay?
Question.

Why does everyone not read or ignore the 'several factors, including' part of this...

---
"...several factors, including how long your World of Warcraft account has been active and when you signed up for the Annual Pass..."
---

Several is more than two, and therefore must mean, in this case as literally stated, more than the two variables that everyone use for justification. Without knowing what the other variables are, how can one justify?

Is it me?
Of all the factors why mention only two and why mention the only two that turn out to not be important factors at all?
04/18/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Ture
Im just curious as to what "A few moments ago, we initialized a new wave of 250,000 invitations to the Mists of Pandaria beta test. These are all invitations for World of Warcraft Annual Pass subscribers, and it should be a few hours before the e-mail notifications for all recipients have been sent." means, especially the "these are all invitations for World of Warcraft Annual Pass subscribers"... does that mean that all AP holders should have gotten in, or does it mean that they are ONLY AP beta invites?
It means the only AP holders are getting in, supposedly. It does not mean that all have got in. The estimate is that there are between 200k and possibly as many as 1.2 million who have not got in yet.
04/18/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Stellan
why mention only two and why mention the only two that turn out to not be important factors at all?

Without knowing what they all are, how can we know that they're not projecting significant weight to the no-doubt automated selection and flagging process?

Without full knowledge and understanding of all the variables, *and* how much weight they carry, we cannot draw conclusions, we can only make assumptions.

Which is my point.
04/18/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Treehugger
why mention only two and why mention the only two that turn out to not be important factors at all?

Without knowing what they all are, how can we know that they're not projecting significant weight to the no-doubt automated selection and flagging process?

Without full knowledge and understanding of all the variables, *and* how much weight they carry, we cannot draw conclusions, we can only make assumptions.

Which is my point.
Well we know that length of subscription and date we signed up for the AP didn't hold any weight at all. Is there some reason why Blizzard couldn't have told us what some of the important factors were instead of telling about factors that weren't important? Why did they even mention these factors. As for the date signed up for the AP factor, its seems pretty clear that they wanted to create a sense of urgency for signing up for the AP. It worked. People thought it the signed up early it would increase their chance of an early Beta invitation and people did sign up right away. But, guess what? Signing up early for the AP has no impact on when you get into the Beta. Don't you see a bit of duplicity here?
I still fail to see why the reasons matter? I don't see anything possibly satisfying people.. if Blizz came to each AP holders house and gave them a cake with the exact date and time printed on it carried by a hot naked woman or man or a cute puppy or whatever makes your freak flag fly... people would still throw a fit. The date wouldn't be good enough or they'd demand to know the precise calculation because their friend got in 5 seconds before them or got a cuter puppy...

You DON'T have the right to know anything Blizzard does or the reasons for their decisions and clearly all the qq'ing has really had a huge effect on how they are doing invites.. I mean every time I see someone complain they get invited right away.. huh? oh they don't.. hmm imagine that.

I would love to see how many people think Blizz should just come out and say "Beta is not over and everyone will get in before the end. We are closing all threads about this issue until further notice because they are becoming unproductive and clogging the forums."
04/18/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Stellan
Well we know that length of subscription and date we signed up for the AP didn't hold any weight at all.

How do we *know* this? Do we have empirical proof?

How do we know that they are not strongly weighted over RNG, but something, say, like how much money we have spent on Blizzard store, does not hold even greater weight?

Those unknown other variables could be something significant that no one as of yet has thought of.
i can agree that the QQs are prolly angering them, they can hide it, but it is evident that what most of us is doing is quite stressful. its not like a life or death situation, so you can wait. i have the AP too, but am i complaining that i dont have the invite? not really, no use will come of it, i learned awhile ago that the more you complain, the longer it will take for you to get what want.

so be patient, for your sake
Blizzard could have resolved the issue about the misleading language by allowing those people who signed up before they changed it in the beta first. This is how it works with the law. A person cannot be charged for a new law created after getting charged for an old one. I won't quote specific cases (like the one that recently happened in Florida). Hopefully, they'll get their act together before offering something that they cannot handle or even let amateurs control. This whole annual pass was a huge mistake. They shouldn't have panicked about SWTOR or dropping subscriptions, even though they're using subscriber trends as quotes. They just need to stop the nonsense. Also, bring your old WoW designers back. Even Chris Metzen said that the WoW team is trying to get new content out as soon as possible. I am truly angry about this whole annual pass. I signed up within the first couple of hours it was offered during Blizzcon. As I stated before, I could really care less about Diablo 3. This annual pass is rightfully getting blown out of proportion. You probably already knew that, and that is why you required everyone to stay for at least one year to make you maintain the value of your shares. By the time that the first passes run out, it'll just be a matter of months before MoP goes live. However, next time you offer a beta pass, people won't be as stupid or feel like complete idiots and feel duped for being tricked into a year long contract. I strongly recommend that you let the people who signed up before the language was changed an opportunity to break the annual pass contract instead of taking our hard earned dollars for a game and business that we trusted.
What are the requirements for acess to the beta
Un-stickied - moar invites!!!
I find this all amusing about getting into beta by account age and annual pass signup.

My husband got his beta access last week. My account is older and I signed up for annual pass on the first day. He signed up for annual pass one week later.
im crossing finger for i am in next wave ( tomorow i think )
I find this all amusing about getting into beta by account age and annual pass signup.

My husband got his beta access last week. My account is older and I signed up for annual pass on the first day. He signed up for annual pass one week later.
Exactly. Length of time subscribed and when you signed up for the AP is not an important factor. What is? Age? Gender? Not location since you presumably live together.

Exactly. Length of time subscribed and when you signed up for the AP is not an important factor. What is? Age? Gender? Not location since you presumably live together.

the fact that presumely all people who buy the AP did an Opt-in too

which give the computer informations and etc

this is surely one of the factor

otherwise, idk
lol didn't get a pass for MoP but got one for D3 so maybe i will get a pass for MoP a few weeks before it drops and i am a AP holder and for all the ppl that are QQ chill you will get your turn