How do people find your alts?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
I've seen people know who's alts people are on the forums. How do you work this out? >.> <.<
There are browser addons that have that functionality, apparently.
Depending on what browser you use there are addons that can tell. Also if you put someone on ignore it ignores the account so if you post on multiple alts people will know.
I think it's a google chrome add on. Probably has something to do with ip address, but I'm not 100% sure :-\
Not IP address, in the id of the post it shows your unique account number, all posts from characters on your account have the same number. It's hidden in the html.
04/12/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Grëgory
Not IP address, in the id of the post it shows your unique account number, all posts from characters on your account have the same number. It's hidden in the html.

This. The addon uses the same flag that the ignore feature uses to ignore all posts from the account instead of just the one alt.
There is a plug-in for Chrome and Firefox that use a normal forum functionality to show alts. If you ignore a person, it will also ignore any characters they have posted on.

♥ Aune
Testing, find my main.

This. The addon uses the same flag that the ignore feature uses to ignore all posts from the account instead of just the one alt.

Pretty much. It is an amazing addon.

04/12/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Tremand
Testing, find my main.

You have posted on 9 different characters. If I felt like it I could armory each and every one but not going to go through the hassle.
^ all of the above pretty much.

Also the good ol' press ignore on someone & see how many different toons are ignored to know they all belong to the same person! :P
What's the Firefox add on?
Or chrome? ;)
Testing, find my main.

The plug-in and forum functionality only show characters that you've posted on the forums with.

eg I haven't posted on all my characters so they won't all show :x

♥ Aune
I have no clue how people figure me out....
Testing, find my main.

arygos:
vortalaan
feathermoon:
myriam trînîty vinya
moon-guard:
delanî kendrie merkilan nimué
saurfang:
tremand

One of those.
Testing, find my main.
I'll guess a blood elf female paladin on Feathermoon
You win Gregory! :)
What characters are listed for me? o_O
04/12/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Beriana
The ignore button next to your character leaks your license ID. Any piece of software specifically designed to data-mine those IDs and associate them with character names will, over time, learn about all your characters if you post with them.

What ignore button? I don't know of a forum ignore.