Why are all the warriors arms now?

Warrior
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
The amount of hipsters in this thread is shameful.
04/15/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Igorgon
lol @ FoTM arms warrior. I've been arms even when it was trailing behind fury in DPS.

Same but with fury, I instantly made this guy when I heard you could dual wield giant !@#$ing weapons.... now im our raid's tank ;_;
04/15/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Valafar
The amount of hipsters in this thread is shameful.
was arms in vanilla,bc and beginning of wrath then switched to fury havent looked back,i like fury over arms and nomatter what spec ive been in i am usually top or close to top in dps.from what ive read and seen its arms the higher dps spec atm in ds yet i still out dps the arms wars ive raided with so w/e i like fury not arms therefore i play fury. do i get out dps'd by other ppl everynow and then yes but it is usually by ppl that are geared better than i am and still currently a rare occurance.
Why would Blizzard make arms have better mobility and better DPS? That just makes it so that everyone who loves fury either has to blatantly choose inferior performance to keep the playstyle they love, or sacrifice the playstyle they love for performance, in a game that is meant to be fun.

I mean what else is fury supposed to do? Why is balancing so astronomically difficult for these people? Arms for PvP. Fury for PvE, Prot for tanking PvE or general survivability in PvP.

So Fury has poor mobility, and gets a DPS nerf, making it the best choice for... nothing.

Istg those devs.
27% chance to miss.

nuff said.
04/15/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Ochron
lol @ FoTM arms warrior. I've been arms even when it was trailing behind fury in DPS.

Which is why you're dumb. Play whatever spec does the best DPS. If not, you're holding your group back. Nice

I would agree if your in a progression raid. you can still do enough DPS as fury to complete every encounter. But unless your actually competing for server or world rankings just play what you want.
Fury got nerfed in a patch by 2 mechanics. First, they lost the 5% damage boost from specialization bonuses. Then to top that off they found a supposed bug where deep wounds was affected by precision specialization bonus, and decided to implement the fix at the same time.

Before, arms had great aoe damage and decent single target. Fury had decent multi target and better single target. When they nerfed deep wounds for fury and removed the damage bonus, fury aoe went down considerably (deep wounds was big part of it) and single target became on par to arms single target. So now fury does not have as much aoe or pvp viability as arms, while arms is pretty even with fury single target.

Fury is still viable in dragon soul, it is just easier to crank out numbers as arms.
Because arms scales with gurthalak better, has superior burst aoe, and is godmode spellweave.
Arms has higher DPS and is better for PvP.
04/15/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Aghator
FOTM rerollers

Calling someone who plays a different spec of the same class a reroller is retarded.
Arms does great dps atm
fury does terrible dps atm

Arms is the most competitive pvp tree for warriors
fury is pretty much a joke in pvp

Are you really having a tough time figuring out why lots of people are playing arms right now?
04/15/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Ochron
Which is why you're dumb. Play whatever spec does the best DPS. If not, you're holding your group back. Nice

This is just ignorant.
With the two handed wep nerfs, and the rage issues fury just isn't therelike it was in wrath.
I am not an arms warrior, i dont prefer it. I love Fury tbh. whats not too like about dual wielding 2 big a$$ weapons and ripping it up?
On the flip i sure as heck dont like doing 3-6k less dps on certain fights and not maximizing my dps potential.

Dont forget the warriors that are in good guilds and push heroics if they showed up dressed in fury they wouldnt get an invite now would they? So it really comes down to do you want to raid or wait an expansion for things to get fixed?

Landsoul parses as fury. Fury is behind, yes - but it's not so far behind that you're foolish to raid in that spec. I've been raiding as arms since Ulduar, and while I've been questioned why I wasn't fury, it never once stopped me from raiding.

A good player will do well and not hold the raid back, regardless of spec.
04/15/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Aragôst

This is just ignorant.

In reality, being a sub-optimal spec makes you a liability to your group. Especially in 10 mans. Being sub-optimal puts more pressure on your other raid members to make up for the DPS you're missing out on and this because much more of an issue in 10 man.
It depends on what kind of progression your guild is on and whether you are getting your guild firsts before or after the nerfs. I'm pretty sure Landsoul was Arms for most of progression but now that it's super easy they can play the specs they like. But really, there is a reason why guilds class stack to down bosses early in the tier, every last drop of DPS can and does matter.
I've been Fury since DS came out, and I just went arms this week. I'm usually the top DPS on every single one of our fights (even with a fire mage with the orange!), but I saw a sad reality this week when our hunter ( usually 2nd or 3rd dps) was out.. We couldn't even hit the enrage timer on nerfed H Ultraxion, so I thought, well, I'll go arms to help eek out a little more dps so we don't have to do this again.. Arms is better than fury, thats been proven over and over again for DS. I was reluctant, but now i've made the change.

Edit: Ooh, just noticed Aragost posted in here! I've seen your logs and you do some crazy DPS! No !@#$, just complimenting ;P
04/15/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Ochron

This is just ignorant.

In reality, being a sub-optimal spec makes you a liability to your group. Especially in 10 mans. Being sub-optimal puts more pressure on your other raid members to make up for the DPS you're missing out on and this because much more of an issue in 10 man.

From my experience 25 man is more tightly tuned than 10 man so I disagree. I remember with a new guild I was running normal Ultraxion with upon release and we tried to 24 man it because we didn't have enough people and we couldn't do it. We'd always die to enrage just a second early. Meanwhile, the 10 man raiding guild I left which I KNEW had quite a few crappy DPS in it had no issues with Ultraxion whatsoever. Heroic Yorsahj as ridiculous on 25 man upon release, and 25 man Ultraxion was an absolute gear check. I'm also positive that 10 man HM Morchok is/was MUCH easier than 25 man HM Morchok.

From my experience 25 man is more tightly tuned than 10 man so I disagree. I remember with a new guild I was running normal Ultraxion with upon release and we tried to 24 man it because we didn't have enough people and we couldn't do it. We'd always die to enrage just a second early. Meanwhile, the 10 man raiding guild I left which I KNEW had quite a few crappy DPS in it had no issues with Ultraxion whatsoever. Heroic Yorsahj as ridiculous on 25 man upon release, and 25 man Ultraxion was an absolute gear check. I'm also positive that 10 man HM Morchok is/was MUCH easier than 25 man HM Morchok.

It's simple math. Your 3k less damage split over 17-18 players vs. 3k less damage split over 4-5 other people should be very obvious which kind of group it strains more.