LFR needs attention, MOP is not the answer...

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Check this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886/Dev_Watercooler_-_Mists_of_Pandaria_Looting_Explained-3_27_2012

Essentially, you'll still have the same problem of people not doing much and winning loot. The main difference though, is that they're hiding the loot until you have a winning roll. Supposed to cause less anger because you won't get the impression that something you want dropped and someone beat you at it.
Check this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886/Dev_Watercooler_-_Mists_of_Pandaria_Looting_Explained-3_27_2012

Essentially, you'll still have the same problem of people not doing much and winning loot. The main difference though, is that they're hiding the loot until you have a winning roll. Supposed to cause less anger because you won't get the impression that something you want dropped and someone beat you at it.

I don't even think the new system even show's the other players what they won. I think the new system just says who won and that's it, just to elevate some drama.

It won't get rid all of the drama though, someone is bound to complain about anything.

It's not doable. lets take a healer: can heal myself the whole fight or heal the raid like i'm supposed to. Recount cant tell the difference.

Healing done only includes effective healing, so unless you were constantly taking damage, your effective healing would be close to 0 if you were just healing yourself.
I lost a roll on two hander to a warrior tank cause he got role bonus. posting it on forums.
I'd settle for going one step farther to make sure role bonuses are only going to people who are able to use those items for their main spec. It's beyond frustrating every week losing spirit rings/necks/cloaks on my holy pally or shadow priest (spirit is hit) to enhance shamans and kitty druids because LFR doesn't differentiate between dps specs.

A kitty shouldn't get a role bonus for Ring of the Riven, but all LFR sees is "Druid" and "DPS" and allows the bonus to go through.
04/17/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Bavra
Make the loot unique, that would prevent players who have the gear from rolling on it again.

Unique idea is unique. What about people who need/could use multiple of the same thing? DW melee? Multi spec players? etc etc etc...

Terrible idea. That doesn't put the loot directly into the OP's inventory.
LFR needs to be dragged out back and shot, then have its corpse thrown into a woodchipper, then have the pieces burned.

Essentially, you'll still have the same problem of people not doing much and winning loot.

Correct, but at least those bozos won't be taking loot away from anyone else by doing so.

The main difference though, is that they're hiding the loot until you have a winning roll. Supposed to cause less anger because you won't get the impression that something you want dropped and someone beat you at it.

That's not really how it works, and it's more than an impression.

In effect, every time you kill a boss, there's roughly a 15% chance (I'm guessing at that number, but it will be near there) that the game will drop some spec-appropriate item into your bags. Everyone has the same 15% chance. When someone else wins, it doesn't change your chances. It's theoretically possible (although astronomically unlikely) that every single raid member could win an item.

The main loot complaint will then be "My X of Extreme Awesomeness never drops!" Even this is ameliorated somewhat by the Charms of Good Fortune, which give you a bonus shot at stuff you need. It's a good system.

I understand MoP is going to address the already has gear part with determining what this person does not have and offering them that as an alternative...

No, it won't. When you win, you'll get a random spec-appropriate item from that boss' loot table. It doesn't matter if you already have it. If there's nothing spec-appropriate, you'll get some gold.
04/18/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Vreivai
LFR needs to be dragged out back and shot, then have its corpse thrown into a woodchipper, then have the pieces burned.

That's pretty much what is happening with the current Raid Finder loot system, and good riddance.
Don't get your hopes too high. Last time I checked, this cancer has been going in battlegrounds for a looooong time and it has never been fixed.
04/19/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Kathucka
That's pretty much what is happening with the current Raid Finder loot system, and good riddance.

Its exactly the same. Statistically speaking the only difference will be the rolls will be hidden and automatic. The end result will still be the same, everyone rolls on everything. Your odds remain exactly the same.

Its exactly the same. Statistically speaking the only difference will be the rolls will be hidden and automatic. The end result will still be the same, everyone rolls on everything. Your odds remain exactly the same.

It's not exactly the same. You will no longer be able to take loot away from someone else who needs it more. (Whatever "need" might be defined as.)

In the current system, exactly four items get awarded. If I get something, it means that someone else didn't get that thing.

In the new system, the number of winners won't be static. So, if I win something, it won't affect whether someone else wins something. If he does win, then what I get won't affect what he gets.

As for the odds...well, that depends on how Blizzard tunes it. If it's at 15%, the odds will be about the same as they are now.