A guild for those with social anxiety (Horde)

Wyrmrest Accord
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 16 Next
Adding my voice to those saying this is a really great idea and that I wish you guys the best of luck! :) If I (a) logged in more these days and (b) weren't already part of a nifty bunch of folks, I would go for this in a heartbeat.

<3
Good luck on this folks.
This is a fabulous idea! My other half might fit in very well here, as she's a bit intimidated by RP guilds and the like. I'll send a link to this her way!
This is the exact reason we decided to come to this realm. I'm extremely grateful for all the support everyone's shown us.

For everyone who's interested: send us a quick application and roll up an alt to see how things are with us. There are no obligations or commitments. Even if you only play for a little while, at least you'll get to see what we're about.
I have 2 friends coming back to wow and not really sure what's gonna happen so I can't commit to a guild just yet. I really like the idea behind this guild though and wish to lend my support. If you ever need a resto druid for anything just ask.
If only I had room for a horde alt I'd send one your way. While I don't suffer from anxiety in WoW anymore, I do in real life and it makes going out very, very difficult. I'd love to help support something like this.
Good on you guys for the awesome idea! I sadly don't have any Horde, but if I ever see any of you in-game I'll give you bunny ears or a firework something :3
This is a brilliant idea, and it's wonderful to see a guild like this. I wish you guys the best of luck. <3
This is a wonderful idea, I have social anxiety myself. I may roll an un-guilded alt on horde side to check it out later. :D
I'm really interested in how a multitude of socially phobic people interact. Would you accept schizotypal people as well?
04/18/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Saino
I'm really interested in how a multitude of socially phobic people interact. Would you accept schizotypal people as well?

Personally, I have no experience with the condition, but it's definitely something we could explore.
Interesting. *strokes glue on goatee*

I'm one of those people who under normal circumstances keeps to themselves because I'm very cautious about what I do. I hate doing things to make people not like me. Heck, this morning I couldn't even bring up the nerve to wake my boyfriend up to come with me to my disability hearing (which I have a feeling went badly, The vocational person there was saying there were still a couple jobs I can do that have no public interaction) and I'm usually shelled up and quiet....

That is, unless my Multiple personalities start showing up...
I think this is a great idea, as long as the members are able to support one another in a healthful manner.

It'd be terrible to get a bunch of people with social anxieties together to feed each other horror stories and make themselves feel even more isolated and/or unable to cope with day to day social situations :<

Good luck, and I hope this goes well. There is absolutely value in a positive, supporting environment.
I think this is a great idea, as long as the members are able to support one another in a healthful manner.

This guild has been a very positive experience for me. I have not seen anyone sharing "horror" stories. What I have seen are people who rarely if ever ran dungeons running them, Full guild runs of just about all levels of dungeons.

I have seen people reroll to check us out and then move a lvl 85 from another realm/faction to be with us, myself included.

I encourage anyone with these types of issues to go to our website and check us out.

http://swordsforeveryone.enjin.com/
Isn't it self induced torture for socially phobic people to play a MMO, which thrives off of community interaction? O.o

And now you see why I'm interested.
04/19/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Saino
And now you see why I'm interested.

I'll try and contact you in-game, Saino. I'd like to discuss this.