Demon Hunters still around?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I was RPing last night and went to the Slaughtered Lamb, in there was a Demon Hunter.

Those guys are still around?
Short answer- yes demon hunters still exist.

But there is no way in holy heck one should be hanging out in a tavern in Stormwind, no matter how seedy it is. -.-
Short answer- yes demon hunters still exist.

But there is no way in holy heck one should be hanging out in a tavern in Stormwind, no matter how seedy it is. -.-

Demon hunters shouldn't even be in a city.
Aren't they sort of like dragons? They're there but you just don't know it, keeping to the fringes and keeping their presence concealed.
The hiding part is correct, but the 'you don't know it' part? Oh God no. If you see a DH, you'll know it. Normal people don't go around bareback with demonic runes and mutilated eyes and warglaives and various other demonic features.
I wasn't chilling at the tavern. I was injured and my illusion dropped. I left ASAP the next morning and haven't been back. It was an RP story arc. PLEASE ask OOC before you begin to point your finger everywhere.
He didn't want to walk outside BECAUSE of a threat of pitchforks. And he was surrounded by allies while he regained his strength. This forum post shouldn't have even been made, as I'm in a complicated story arc with many people and they need to ask me OOC, not post about things here.
"Look, a demon hunter was in the Slaughtered Lamb!"

"He must be a bad rper" <-- This is what I'm getting from the replies here.

The entire thing should have not been taken to the forums and since there are only a few known demon hunter rpers on the wyrmrest accord, it can be narrowed down to 2 who are traditional in their RP. I would not have the few of us be attacked and assumptions be made.

I'm going to stop posting now here and hope all future questions actually go to who the ravenshield gang person is curious about. Not post somewhere the person in question just happen to chance reading in.
he asked a question about Demon Hunters being around.

not about you being a bad roleplayer. The general comments here were in fact telling him where Demon Hunters were and what they would generally be doing and why they aren't seen in major cities most of the time.

The fact that you took this as an attack on you just shows how insecure you are about RP'ing as a Demon Hunter and therefore shows a lack of character on your part. The world doesn't revolve around you, he wasn't saying that you were a bad RP or saying anything related to that kind of statement.

Stop being a baby please.
Their story isn't quite over it seems. There's an encounter with one you can soft of ....fall into in Darkshore.
I understand Derekil's point, though. A lot of the comments made in this post were kind of slandering and pointing to the whole "lol demon hunter in SW, bad rper". In my opinion, the OP's post was innocent enough, but many of the posters seemed to immediately point the finger of accusation.

My word of advice: you should try to understand the whole story before labeling others.

Isn't there a phrase for this? 'Don't judge a book by its cover', and 'Don't jump the gun' or something similar? I understand how easy it has become for people to jump all over demon hunters the moment they are recognized within range of civilians, but a lot of the time there is a reason why they chose to reveal themselves - and I've discovered this because I actually take the time to RP with demon hunters when I can, instead of scoffing and turning my nose at their presence. Derekil gave his reason.

Stop labeling every demon hunter RPer as bad. Just stop. It's getting old.
04/28/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Cadros
was RPing last night and went to the Slaughtered Lamb, in there was a Demon Hunter.Those guys are still around?
04/28/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Derekil
The entire thing should have not been taken to the forums and since there are only a few known demon hunter rpers on the wyrmrest accord, it can be narrowed down to 2 who are traditional in their RP. I would not have the few of us be attacked and assumptions be made.

No one was named. No server was named. A simple question was asked about whether or not this sort of RP made sense lorewise. This is not an attack, this is a question. Get over yourself, this has nothing to do with you, and all you're doing is looking like a drama queen.

This. Derekil, shut up and stop being a prick. Nobody mentioned you. Nobody insulted you. Nobody ASSaulted you. You're just looking stupid.
... I could see a Demon Hunter being in the Slaughtered Lamb.

Best place to hunt down warlocks in Stormwind!*

*I don't know if Demon Hunters would actually hunt down and kill warlocks who are serving the Alliance/Horde.
@ Hallinton/anyone else that "thinks" they know demon hunters. You understand very little about Demon hunter. Both as a playable character and Lore wise as well. Allow me to educate you on something. First off " outcast " =

1. a person who is rejected or cast out, as from a home or society.

2. a homeless wanderer; vagabond.

3. rejected matter; refuse.

4. cast out, as from one's home or society: an outcast son.

5. pertaining to or characteristic of an outcast: outcast misery.

6. rejected or discarded: outcast opinions.

You might notice in there it doesn't say "from all. or everywhere." Not even a hint of or mention of. " pitch forks mobs and chased out" In fact there are serveral mentions in WoW lore where Demon Hunters make camp near citys Even stay in taverns and inns for long periods of time.

Hell a shineing example of this IN GAME is none other then Vish Kozus. Who makes his home in Silithus along side the Nightelf and turaens in Cenarion Hold. He also puts to bed (along with lore) that all Demon hunters use glaives.

Now that you have some understanding let me give you a bit of advice. Your making a common mistake many people do. Assuming what you "think" to be fact. It not. But thats ok We all learn and now you have also. Please also keep in mind that NOT ALL rpers that run around with war glaives and a blindfold are demon hunters. And also leave judging someone for their actions alone. Theres no point and in the end it gets you no where.