If Lobster and Vanguards were to face off...

Paladin
Um Vanguards would wreck Lobster
Vanguards would wreck all of us lol

Now if it was a mutton chop contest... Ha, just kidding. There wouldn't be a contest. I've already won.
lobster, you need 10 achievement points. there should be an achievement for chops.
Vanguards would wreck all of us lol

Now if it was a mutton chop contest... Ha, just kidding. There wouldn't be a contest. I've already won.

This is why you'd win.

Pure sass.
Vanguards but id pull for Lobster. Jimos would take vanguards.
Whoever gets more crits. Ret on ret duels aren't exactly technical showpieces.
04/26/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Aevrille
...who would win?

Vanguards, He's Human, Human ret paladins have a Huge advantage to Bloodelf paladins.

Also Vanguards has a really good crit gear, He would probably hit 25% with the trinket Proc and all that stuff, and his mastery is higher than Lobster.

So yeah, he has the gear Advantage, racial Advantage, but I can't speak about skill advantage regarding 1v1.
How are people taking this thread seriously lol
I have no idea. Also, your Achievement Points total hasn't updated yet (at least I'm not seeing it).
I might tell him on Facebook.

My face eats his face
His skills beats my face
04/30/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Lobster
How are people taking this thread seriously lol

Why shouldn't we, at least I don't have anything else to do right now =(.
*gets out the butter and lemon*
lets see here
Vanguards

Duels won 7,622
Duels lost 1,087

Lobster

Duels won 111
Duels lost 27

Lobster would get roflstomped
Classes are not balanced around duels or 1v1 combat. Duels are a good way to practice countering the abilities of other classes with your own abilities, but you will rarely be in a 1v1 situation in rated PVP. They have no function or importance beyond that, thus are not an accurate indication of skill of experience.

There's lots of legit ways to show Vanguards is way stronger. I don't think it needs to be proven in the first place lol. Resorting to duel scores of all things kinda says more about your experience than ours. Duels... lol.
There's lots of legit ways to show Vanguards is way stronger. I don't think it needs to be proven in the first place lol.

Why should He be stronger.
Classes are not balanced around duels or 1v1 combat. Duels are a good way to practice countering the abilities of other classes with your own abilities, but you will rarely be in a 1v1 situation in rated PVP. They have no function or importance beyond that, thus are not an accurate indication of skill of experience.

There's lots of legit ways to show Vanguards is way stronger. I don't think it needs to be proven in the first place lol. Resorting to duel scores of all things kinda says more about your experience than ours. Duels... lol.

Someone is butthurt. Thread is about 1v1 so I bring up duels which is 1v1 ya derp.
05/01/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Faeria
There's lots of legit ways to show Vanguards is way stronger. I don't think it needs to be proven in the first place lol.

Why should He be stronger.

He's simply been at it far longer than I have. His many accomplishments with this spec over the years, particularly in Cata, are the result of a dedication I can't afford (but wish I could). He is an exceptional player, and he would be exceptional with any class or spec he chose. I'm glad he's ret and not some filthy mage lol. :P But simply put, he's just better than me.

05/01/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Linkss
Someone is butthurt. Thread is about 1v1 so I bring up duels which is 1v1 ya derp.

Not at all. I said plainly that he would destroy me and I have no delusions about who is the better ret. It's just silly to see duels mentioned in relation to skill, anywhere.
04/26/2012 02:59 AMPosted by Totemforbull
Whoever got the most divine purpose procs. If the duel takes place near boiling water that could be a factor too.

true dat
05/06/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Sparklefist
Whoever got the most divine purpose procs. If the duel takes place near boiling water that could be a factor too.

true dat

A nice hot Jacuzzi would be really relaxing right about now.

I don't like you.

You don't read.