An idea to make 2v2 arena more "balanced"

Rogue
I feel as though to win a 2s match, a healer comp simply has to survive a double damage team. In many comps this is quite easy for them. the teams feral/healer, uh dk/healer, and rogue healer come to mind. However at least if a rogue plays too aggressive he pays for it. An uh dk and a feral can overextend like idiots and then use their oh !@#$ buttons to live. feral/disc is by far the worst and quite ridiculous at that. My idea is simple, and I feel like it would make 2s a lot more fair. double dps only ques into double dps, and healer comps only que into healer comps
You can't penalize people that like healing in an attempt to "balance" 2's.

It's never gonna happen, and it shouldn't. If you don't like the lack of balance in 2's, just don't queue, or leave when you run into a gimmick comp. It's not like it matters, since 2's doesn't give any real rewards, anyway.
I thoroughly enjoy the simplicity of 2s and find it ridiculous that no effort to balance them has been shown. You say they are not worth balancing and well, who cares because they don't give rewards anyways. Well maybe it would give rewards if it wasn't such a joke. No form of rated pvp is balanced at the moment. Rogues and Rshams are both significantly overpowered. And don't tell me it is due to unfair scaling with OP pve gear, because the #1 rogue in 3s ATM doesn't use oranges, vial, or two piece. If blizzard is going to give tier 2 to arenas and even RBGs (lol cunning) in this current state of pvp then they have no reason not to attempt to tweak 2s for the better. Also I don't care if its penalizing gimmick healer comps, if they want to roll such jokes of comps then they can have fun playing 40 minute matches.
Wait are you saying rogues don't have oh !@#$ buttons? hahahahaha
@pwrhouse
No I never said that in all of the text I've posted. Please don't put words in my mouth and please get out if you have nothing to contribute thats worth reading.
04/27/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Stormsadist
thoroughly enjoy the simplicity of 2s and find it ridiculous that no effort to balance them has been shown. You say they are not worth balancing and well, who cares because they don't give rewards anyways. Well maybe it would give rewards if it wasn't such a joke. No form of rated pvp is balanced at the moment. Rogues and Rshams are both significantly overpowered. And don't tell me it is due to unfair scaling with OP pve gear, because the #1 rogue in 3s ATM doesn't use oranges, vial, or two piece. If blizzard is going to give tier 2 to arenas and even RBGs (lol cunning) in this current state of pvp then they have no reason not to attempt to tweak 2s for the better. Also I don't care if its penalizing gimmick healer comps, if they want to roll such jokes of comps then they can have fun playing 40 minute matches.

I don't think you any idea how much time and effort would be required to balance 2's in the current game.

Are the other brackets balanced? No.

Are they more balanced than two's? By a long shot.

To add to that, it's absolutely laughable that your stance on the issue is "Q.Q I don't care about anyone else, make it more fun for me, even it comes at the expense of others".
My idea is not making it fun for me at the expense of others Sheevah. And I'm also not expecting blizzard to spend a lot of time and effort balancing 2s considering the fact that they don't even care enough about pvp to balance 3s. All I want is this one simple change. It would make 2s much more enjoyable and it would only punish the ridiculous comp by only allowing them to fight ottgher ridiculous comps. Are you honestly telling me you don't think this sounds like a decent idea?
04/27/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Sheevah
thoroughly enjoy the simplicity of 2s and find it ridiculous that no effort to balance them has been shown. You say they are not worth balancing and well, who cares because they don't give rewards anyways. Well maybe it would give rewards if it wasn't such a joke. No form of rated pvp is balanced at the moment. Rogues and Rshams are both significantly overpowered. And don't tell me it is due to unfair scaling with OP pve gear, because the #1 rogue in 3s ATM doesn't use oranges, vial, or two piece. If blizzard is going to give tier 2 to arenas and even RBGs (lol cunning) in this current state of pvp then they have no reason not to attempt to tweak 2s for the better. Also I don't care if its penalizing gimmick healer comps, if they want to roll such jokes of comps then they can have fun playing 40 minute matches.

I don't think you any idea how much time and effort would be required to balance 2's in the current game.

Are the other brackets balanced? No.

Are they more balanced than two's? By a long shot.

To add to that, it's absolutely laughable that your stance on the issue is "Q.Q I don't care about anyone else, make it more fun for me, even it comes at the expense of others".

i think it's laughable how you assume you have people behind you that think the exact same way you do. maybe people will like the idea? it's not as if it's killing the fun, it would actually boost the fun. people at high ratings really dont give a !@#$ about ratings anymore. how exactly is it fun to gib an instawin because your healer comp got put up against a double dps comp? is it fun running around throwing out cyclones and roots to simply survive? all you do is %^-*! and act like you know whats it others' interest, please sit down and READ before you have anymore brain farts
04/27/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Winký
i think it's laughable how you assume you have people behind you that think the exact same way you do. maybe people will like the idea? it's not as if it's killing the fun, it would actually boost the fun. people at high ratings really dont give a !@#$ about ratings anymore. how exactly is it fun to gib an instawin because your healer comp got put up against a double dps comp? is it fun running around throwing out cyclones and roots to simply survive? all you do is %^-*! and act like you know whats it others' interest, please sit down and READ before you have anymore brain farts

Oh, goodie.

I've gained another e-fan.
My idea is not making it fun for me at the expense of others Sheevah. And I'm also not expecting blizzard to spend a lot of time and effort balancing 2s considering the fact that they don't even care enough about pvp to balance 3s. All I want is this one simple change. It would make 2s much more enjoyable and it would only punish the ridiculous comp by only allowing them to fight ottgher ridiculous comps. Are you honestly telling me you don't think this sounds like a decent idea?

Also I don't care if its penalizing gimmick healer comps, if they want to roll such jokes of comps then they can have fun playing 40 minute matches

I don't think you have any idea what you're asking for or proposing, to be honest. I think you're just upset that you ran into a gimmicky 2's comp.

It sucks, but it happens. It's pretty obvious you just came here to vent off some steam in hopes of gaining validation for your opinion on the matter.

So, yes, I can honestly tell you it's a terrible idea to even think of seriously requesting a change like this. Just keep your fingers crossed that panda land brings better things for PvP, and laugh off all the ridiculous happenings on live.
I think this is a good idea, and if you don't agree that's fine Sheevah. I do think a lot of rogues that are tired of not doing jack to a feral disc will agree with me.
04/27/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Sheevah

Also I don't care if its penalizing gimmick healer comps, if they want to roll such jokes of comps then they can have fun playing 40 minute matches

I don't think you have any idea what you're asking for or proposing, to be honest. I think you're just upset that you ran into a gimmicky 2's comp.

It sucks, but it happens. It's pretty obvious you just came here to vent off some steam in hopes of gaining validation for your opinion on the matter.

So, yes, I can honestly tell you it's a terrible idea to even think of seriously requesting a change like this. Just keep your fingers crossed that panda land brings better things for PvP, and laugh off all the ridiculous happenings on live.

people who have no idea what they're talking about should just stay silent
04/27/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Stormsadist
I do think a lot of rogues that are tired of not doing jack to a feral disc will agree with me.

It is more reasonable for you to leave the 2's match and requeue if you run into a comp you don't feel like playing than it is for you to request an entire overhaul of the system that would cater to your personal preferences.

The fact of the matter is that feral disc, or any other comp for that matter, is beatable. Sure, it's ridiculous that in order to do it against a good team you have to outplay them to a ridiculous degree or have the perfect comp to do it, but it's doable.

My advice would be to spend 5 minutes in the match trying everything you can do to improve yourself as a player and take them out, and if, at the end of that 5 minutes, you don't think you're going to be able to take them out, simply leave.

I don't like running into healer/dps 2's. In fact, I think it's one of the dumbest things in all of WoW, right up there with Blood DK's that challenge melee characters to duels while thinking they're awesome. However, it's not a reasonable request to penalize all the people that want to participate in those activities, simply so I don't have to deal with a minor frustration.

04/27/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Winký
people who have no idea what they're talking about should just stay silent

I suppose your posting rights should be revoked, then.
Sheevah your whole argument is that its unrealistic that a change like this would ever occur. Well I agree, there is absolutely no chance Blizzard would change live in this way. However I do believe if the idea got enough support in these several upcoming months that MAYBE just maybe they would implement this change in mop
My argument isn't that it's unrealistic because Blizzard won't do it. My argument is that your suggestion to balance 2's is a terrible idea, based on the fact that it would alienate the interests of a large portion of the player base.

The reality is that it isn't likely that Blizzard would balance 2's... I don't like that, and I don't think it's impossible they would change their stance. I simply think we have to keep that in mind, and that for the current game (Cata), it's unrealistic to think they'd balance it. There is always hope for panda land.

I wholeheartedly want them to balance 2's, just not in the matter that you suggested, that's all. :)
You make great points as always. However if enough players support the idea, it will no longer be my own personal preference. It will be in everybody's preference, and that's when Blizzard would consider it. I thought this was a good time to make a suggestion of this calibur while Beta is in its early stages of development.
So a large portion of players interests is facerolling easy double dps teams as lock rsham or god and Jesus (oh sorry my bad I meant feral disc)
04/27/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Stormsadist
You make great points as always. However if enough players support the idea, it will no longer be my own personal preference. It will be in everybody's preference, and that's when Blizzard would consider it. I thought this was a good time to make a suggestion of this calibur while Beta is in its early stages of development.

I think that if your goal is to find out if there's an interest/promote interest for the balancing of 2's for MoP, the best course of action would be to start a thread on the beta forums and/or the arena forums.

I would be sure to word the OP in a way that didn't have anything to do with sending off a vibe that you despise healer/dps comps or anything of that matter. I would simply try to promote a discussion about whether or not people, as a whole, are interested in the idea that having a more balanced 2's bracket would promote participation and a better gameplay environment. You could also attach a second question that if they are in support of having a more balanced 2's bracket, what would they suggest be done to help balance it.

Then, *boom*, just like that, you've got a thoughtful discussion topic that people can participate in, rather than a thread that reads like a complaint.

Never forget that when you're online, presentation is a lot, because even though you might not intend for something to come across as mean/ignorant/whiney, it often does if you don't take the proper steps to ensure it leads to a productive discussion.

Edit:

04/27/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Stormsadist
So a large portion of players interests is facerolling easy double dps teams as lock rsham or god and Jesus (oh sorry my bad I meant feral disc)

Yes, as is evidenced by the amount of healer/dps teams.
Thank you for the lesson in forum postinggb etiquette Sheevah. I know how to write from an unbiased, open ended manner like that. I wrote this thread with emotion intentionally, hoping to gather support from players that share my frustrations. Also I posted on these forums to test the waters and see how a part of the community feels before posting on beta or arena forums. When I do post on those forums I will use much more careful language and attempt to lead the discussion in a manner more similar to how you explained.
Also I posted on these forums to test the waters and see how a part of the community feels before posting on beta or arena forums.

IIRC, there's a "Balance 2's" type thread on the front page of the arena forums at this moment.

The rogue forums aren't the proper channel to test the waters for how 2's would go over, unfortunately. If you think you've got a good idea or suggestion, just jump in and go for it. Every bit of effort you expend promoting the idea to the wrong audience is effort that could potentially further your cause in the end.

So, in the end, don't doubt yourself, and don't intentionally stir up controversy unless you're attempting to troll. Controversy will find you, and opening up with charged emotions will only bring out trolls and cause confusion. :P

Best wishes to you and your mission of 2's balance. ;)