Apologies to those who showed up for Halaa

Emerald Dream
Post Limit:
((I woke up sick and vomiting this morning and ended up sleeping the entire day away after I was able to get back to bed. I woke up a half an hour ago and went to Halaa and bravely ran into the few Alliance who was left and tried to fight. I know Rosewood killed me a few times.

I'm sorry it didn't work out today. I would have hoped that if I missed the event, some other Horde could have stepped up and organized the raid. The point of meeting in the faction cities was so that people who were there could have gotten together and formed a raid and fought without one person having to be there to do the entire thing.

Apparently I was mistaken. Disappointed as well. I don't know if I"m going to bother to try to organize this again if everyone is going to wait on me to put a raid together, even though I said in the original post I didn't want to recruit or lead the damn thing.

I appreciate those Allies who spread the word and tried to make an event of this...I'm just severely let down from what I read on the forums about the Horde presence. I sincerely apologize for getting your hopes up and mine as well.))
I appreciate it Bjorn, and the work you did to try to make it an event. And I do appreciate the Horde that tried, I just feel a little deflated right now. Maybe I'll try it again after a while...
The scene from above as a Horde's perspective was like watching that family life movie in health class. You know the one. Its the one where you see 2 billion s.p.e.r.m. going towards the egg. And theres always that one that moves slower than the others and is going the other way. Lots of little s.p.e.r.m zerglings mad cause they didnt get the chance to find the egg.
04/28/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Bjornolf
We're not mad at all ... they challenged us and put down rules/guidelines and didn't show up. We win. End of story.

You win in the video game, but lose at life. You wasted 40 minutes of your Saturday. Thats like 1/35th of your day.
04/28/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Lettuceface
We're not mad at all ... they challenged us and put down rules/guidelines and didn't show up. We win. End of story.

You win in the video game, but lose at life. You wasted 40 minutes of your Saturday. Thats like 1/35th of your day.

Oh boy, Internet tough guy.

Sianl
04/28/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Sianl

Oh boy, Internet tough guy.

Sianl

It's just Scarhoof. He is a rager anyway. But seriously, not to long ago it was the Alliance that wouldn't show up for stuff. For example, event that got a lot of attention in AQ. Horde dominated. Alliance didn't show.
Never heard of em.

Sianl
((I totally would've shown up on my horde character, but I wasn't around when it happened. I'm always down for something like that.))
Never knew of any event some guy asked us if we wanted to take our 20 man away from stormwind and fight at halaa at which point 100 alliance or so appeared in the zone for what we were expecting to be an impromptu 20 v 20 or there abouts no planning I am aware of went into this as it was literally "Hey let's take this elsewhere".
There was only about 50 or 60 alliance. We thought the horde would collect some, but I guess that was a no.
04/29/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Masheck
There was only about 50 or 60 alliance. We thought the horde would collect some, but I guess that was a no.

When you say things like "we only had 50-60 Alliance" it says a lot.

I know that some of the Alliance guilds are very large, and have active member bases interested in WPVP. When you WPVP, you want to bring as many members as possible so that they dont feel left out. You have alliances and coalitions with other guilds that are important- having those guilds there is meaningful.

Horde doesn't have that. Horde has a bunch of small to medium sized PVP guilds and fewer RP/PVP guilds.

The Crew being Alliance now shifted the WPVP balance on the server a little. They were a medium sized guild with an active roster of people who liked to WPVP. Some of those people are also fairly talented players, so when they participated in Horde WPVP events, it probably made it possible to bring more Alliance.

I don't know where you think Horde is supposed to draw all these players from for a large scale WPVP battle. It's commonly known that Horde guilds don't talk much to one another and don't have guild alliances. I like Nakoichi and some of the people in WSB (I dont know most of them to be quite frank). The guild I play for has people who world PVP, but we really don't ever bring a ton of people to an event. We're lucky if we have 10-15 people from the guild at an event; and that's usually a city raid.

Give you an example. I was headed over to the Hinterlands to some troll base the other day as Azhshea from PM said he got hit by some people from KOTE and another Alliance guild at some troll out-post. We had 4-5 people in the guild interested in WPVP at the time and headed out because we figured it was about 10-12 people. We got there and just as he arrived he indicated more had showed up and it was actually closer to 20. At that point we just grabbed him to do some battlegrounds.

There are no shortage of Alliance for me to fight on this server. I dont ever have to look very hard or long for some...they're everywhere.

I'm not going to tell you how to PvP, that's your business. What I dont understand is why you act surprised every time Horde doesn't show up or straight up leaves when Alliance brings a lot of people. I arrived here several months ago and figured out how the current WPVP scene works pretty fast.
Saeres I could not have said it better myself.
To my understanding there was only 40 alliance there in a raid unless there was another one that was not AEC I am not aware of it.

It was also said that WSB was in the area with 35 but they suddenly disappeared so I am not sure what happened. Either way it was a let down, but it happens.

This is why I do not bother with trying to set up WPVP because usually the other side will come with more then expected or not show up at all so on so forth. I rather just watch it happen naturally, but I am not against the idea of war games or even small scale pvp.

I have dreams of a major battle in Gilneas but it is just a dream for now. :)
Again I am aware of no such challenge. Someone in my group of 21 said that an alliance member simply asked if we wanted to have at it in nagrand I was prepared to take my group till the most accurate report had us out numbered roughly 3-1 at which point I decided we were already engaged with about that many in stormwind and the only point I saw in moving to a different location was to even the odds. My bad.

Also on the point of your second post that is the greatest type of world pvp: natural escalation.

In the instance referred to by the OP before our raid even decided whether to go or not there were about 40 and growing and on top of that I had friends telling me over RID that trade was being spammed with things such as tell your friends and bring as many as you can.