Open Libram XXVI: Emancipation Proclamation

Paladin
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Three R. Druids?! !@#$%^-! What of Shaman? (Spirit Link Totems are like 100% necessary basically)

we have one. she can't make all raid days though.. if its at all possible to have a bad raid comp in a 25 man. we've managed it.

Heroic Spine is apparently awful in 25s. We've only had 1 raid kill it on 25 on Proudmoore, everybody else was either 10s or changed from 25s to 10s just to progress.

one of the the other 25 man guilds on bonechewer who have traditionally been ahead of us in progression actually went 10 man after we beat them to heroic hagera and ultraxion. they went from no ultraxion/blackhorn to killing heroic madness with in like 2 weeks.

we've been banging our heads on it for a long time now and i'm pretty sure we're staunchly clinging to 25 mans.

i'm really close to tears on this one. no fight has ever made me want to stop raiding because i didn't enjoy it anymore. not kil'jaeden, not hlk, not even h rag.
Hay lobster! Your guild recruiting a sexy H. Pally & R. Druid?!

Nope. :( We're not recruiting at all. If we can't sell any heroic Madness mounts in the next month or so we might stop raiding until MoP. Not much interest anymore.

05/02/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Sharrow
Well, the DKs reckon it's terrible because it's dispelable.

Rofl silly DKs. It's actually not THAT amazing in practice. My DK was super excited to get this talent but as mentioned, it takes a lot of setup. It's hard to get someone down to 35% in MoP with resil and all the self healing. Not sure what it will do once we're lvl90.

05/02/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Pragmatic
i finally freed up my original name on bonechewer! yay.

orly

05/02/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Pragmatic
On a side note: Pragmatic what is your guilds progression status on Spine?

our best attempts have us bringing the third tendon to about 50% before people start getting gibbed by bloods and that is if some one doesn't make a stupid mistake before that.

apparently resto druids generate a ton of threat on them for some reason. guess what we have? three resto druids...

we're experimenting using three tanks (prot paladin, prot warrior, feral who stays cat until the final plate) but all my friends who've killed it have done it on 10 man so any strats i might get from them don't always apply to a 25 man.

i ,seriously, am nearly in tears over this fight.

That's a lot of resto druids lol.

I don't know if your group will have enough DPS for the 3rd plate if you're using 3 tanks. Are you getting the 3rd tendon to 50% in the first lift or are you guys dying around the second lift? The 3rd plate will be crazy no matter what you do but if you DPS the amalgs faster, you'll lift the plates sooner and you'll have less bloods overall.

05/02/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Muletia
In 10s last night we even let an amalgamation with 8 stacks die and had to do a whole new amalgamation .. and still one shot it. We're such baddies. :)

We've done that so many times lol. I've killed it myself once or twice because I wasn't paying attention. WHOOPS

05/02/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Was just in a 25 H LK pug with a couple guildies for funs, bad people think that the 85 by their name means Defile doesn't hurt. XD

Yeeeah I join the LK runs on my server sometimes. I always laugh irl when people explode off the platform in the first phase.
05/02/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Celyndrashad
Shadowtraps crush us every time.

Yeeeah I join the LK runs on my server sometimes. It's always funny watching people explode off the platform in the first phase.

We actually did fairly well on traps and everything, even made it inside of and then back out of Frostmourne once.

We only did four attempts before five of the guys hosting had to leave for their raid time, so we probably would have gotten it before too long.

But it is hilarious to see the dumb things people will do, like not group up for Valks. XD

I just wants my LoD title, even if I didn't earn it the thing is perfect for a Paladin.
one of the the other 25 man guilds on bonechewer who have traditionally been ahead of us in progression actually went 10 man after we beat them to heroic hagera and ultraxion. they went from no ultraxion/blackhorn to killing heroic madness with in like 2 weeks.

we've been banging our heads on it for a long time now and i'm pretty sure we're staunchly clinging to 25 mans.

i'm really close to tears on this one. no fight has ever made me want to stop raiding because i didn't enjoy it anymore. not kil'jaeden, not hlk, not even h rag.

Ahhh so it's your fault Civ quit 25mans. Well.. actually it's their fault lol. The same thing happened to Escaper and BiPolar: quit 25mans for 10mans, dissolved soon after. I don't have much faith in Civ after all the drama they've generated. =/

If the first tier of MoP is anything like the first tier of Cata for 10mans, they won't last. In fact I kinda hope it is. T11 was pure pain but those kills were so worth it. I enjoyed it way more than anything in T13.

And heroic Spine isn't fun no matter what difficulty or raid size you're in. It's just plain tedious. The good news is if you beat heroic Spine, you will walk all over heroic Madness. Spine is the real endboss in this tier.
my roomie's our guild rogue, he just assembled the legendary daggers finally last week. we're giving them a good run at this point in raiding, but we're not really a hard-mode guild and i don't know if we'll be raiding in a month's time until MoP comes out. once you burn through the content you are capable of doing and beating hardmodes switched from 'fun challenge' to 'giant waste of time because that gear is going to be replaced by lvl 87-88' it's hard to feel motivated to do them.

at least there's still lots of vanity stuff to go after! :D
05/02/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Martana
at least there's still lots of vanity stuff to go after! :D

I keep meaning to do Loremaster, I love the lore so much!

But I've done everything at one time or another across my alts so the task is daunting. <_<
Ahhh so it's your fault Civ quit 25mans. Well.. actually it's their fault lol. The same thing happened to Escaper and BiPolar: quit 25mans for 10mans, dissolved soon after. I don't have much faith in Civ after all the drama they've generated. =/

well, us and RDS given that both of us are often kinda of derpy and we both beat them to a few of these kills. that and apparently civ is is a big ol powder keg of drama for other reasons.

That's a lot of resto druids lol.

I don't know if your group will have enough DPS for the 3rd plate if you're using 3 tanks. Are you getting the 3rd tendon to 50% in the first lift or are you guys dying around the second lift? The 3rd plate will be crazy no matter what you do but if you DPS the amalgs faster, you'll lift the plates sooner and you'll have less bloods overall.

yup. we once had a ton of priests, but then we got noobe and some other people we've had a lot of roster switches recently because people are burning out and moral is really really low.

i'm actually not particularly worried about damage, after the most recent nerf stuff has actually been dying a little to fast, we just can't figure out how to keep bloods and the healing debuffs under control and not kill us.

i don't even care if we kill madness, i just want spine dead and to say i made pulls on heroic madness while it was still relevant.

i just feel stupid that a raid encounter is making me want to cry and taking away my enjoyment from the game. anger and frustration make me write a lot.

in other news!

i believe i actually saw martana in the vally of the 4 winds today in beta. not sure he recognized me because beta paladin has my old name. but i was strongly tempted to gank this random ret i saw killing virmen and was then like 'heeeey i recognize that name'

i was playing around with selfless healer on beta. i'm really not particularly crazy about it, before i was using sacred shield and i found myself healing post combat a lot less. next i try out eternal flame!
Our Healing Corp consists of:
- 1x cutie Noam Priest
- 1x ugly Dorf Shaman
- 1x ugly Human Paladin
- 1x ugly Night Elf Druid

So we're pretty well covered.
my roomie's our guild rogue, he just assembled the legendary daggers finally last week. we're giving them a good run at this point in raiding, but we're not really a hard-mode guild and i don't know if we'll be raiding in a month's time until MoP comes out. once you burn through the content you are capable of doing and beating hardmodes switched from 'fun challenge' to 'giant waste of time because that gear is going to be replaced by lvl 87-88' it's hard to feel motivated to do them.

We're seeing this too. We got the legendaries week before last for our rogue, hYor keeps beating the crap out of us, and I have a feeling that once we kill hUltra (probably in this week's raid cycle) we'll see signups go down to the point where we're effectively just farming it for something to do, taking whoever is in guild chat at the time. ICC all over again.
Our healing corp on any random raid consists of a

Holy Pally (GM)

Disc Priest (our other main healer)

and any combo of:

Holy Priest who prefers to tank heal and does not dispel

Holy pally who just joined

A ret pally with holy gear

An occasional Disc priest

We really need a shammy or druid.
I've seen precisely one horde paladin on Glineas, and they were an embarrassment to the class. He attacked me three times, and lost badly every single time. You'd think he's have learnt after the second time at the latest, but apparently not.
You people and your Beta talk, hopefully I'll be in there soon. Then I can run around with last season's PVP gear and try to stomp some people. <_<

Sharing healing cores?

Main group for us is a Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman and Resto Druid, second group is usually the same classes with the occasional Priest instead.

Back in Tier 11 we had double Resto Shaman and a Druid, back when Resto Shamans were horrid. Made for some tough times occasionally.

I remember early, early Cata when we were just running H 5 mans our now retired veteran Resto Shaman was about to pull his hair out over how things were. XD

Well I'm out, sweet dreams Libram.
Our main full-time healers are:

Pally x2
Disc Priest
Resto Druid

One of these is merely 'average' the in the guild's opinion, but having run an alt with a couple of other guilds, I'm thinking that our healers are very good by our server's standards, even the weakest of them.

Then there's me, on my shaman, who is as well geared as Sharrow, here (which is probably just as well, considering that I tend to heal like it's still ICC, which is hard on mana pools).

Our "alt & less geared folks who are new to raiding" run has:

Resto shaman 1-4 (depending how many we need to heal rather than DPS, and how many turn up)
Disc Priest
Resto Druid

If they're not saved there also any available healers from the main run. Amusingly the alt run had better overall comp than the main run, because all the people who main pallies and warriors (weird, never had many of those until T12) have a wide range of alts. It's nice having all the buffs, rather than what you can squeeze out of four pallies, three warriors, a lock, a disc priest, and a rogue (what we had for our attempt at hUltra on Monday).

Back in Tier 11 we had double Resto Shaman and a Druid, back when Resto Shamans were horrid. Made for some tough times occasionally.

I remember early, early Cata when we were just running H 5 mans our now retired veteran Resto Shaman was about to pull his hair out over how things were. XD

In T11 we had a pally, a disc, and a shaman. The shaman was awesome, and I really wish he hadn't taken a break early in DS. He used to outheal everyone in T11, horrid class or no (and I know they were horrid - I spent every moment I healed on mine in T11 swearing at myself for not having levelled and geared my priest instead).
05/02/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Pragmatic
i don't even care if we kill madness, i just want spine dead and to say i made pulls on heroic madness while it was still relevant.

You will! You'll see!

i just feel stupid that a raid encounter is making me want to cry and taking away my enjoyment from the game. anger and frustration make me write a lot.

I'm sorry. =/ Spine was really frustrating for me too. Just keep at it and you guys will get it! And when you do, you'll feel sooooo good. Then you can /spit on Deathwing all you want in the next fight!

05/02/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Sharrow
I've seen precisely one horde paladin on Glineas, and they were an embarrassment to the class. He attacked me three times, and lost badly every single time. You'd think he's have learnt after the second time at the latest, but apparently not.

...Come to think of it, I haven't seen many horde paladins either. The only one I remember was Illiriel and I had a holy paladin in a dungeon once. There must be more out there... there must!
Our Healing Corp consists of:
- 1x cutie Noam Priest
- 1x ugly Dorf Shaman
- 1x ugly Human Paladin
- 1x ugly Night Elf Druid

So we're pretty well covered.

This entire expansion, we've had:

1x resto shaman
1x holy/disc priest

We had a holy paladin for the first 2 tiers and then a different holy paladin for the last tier, but neither of them play anymore. We trialed a druid in T11 but the other healers chased him away lol.

OH I FORGOT they made me go holy for a few fights in T11 before we got a real holy paladin haha. I remember sitting on Al'akir with nearly full mana while the shaman and priest were at 20% the whole fight. Good times.
My guild was talking about me going holy for heroic progression since morchok's early strategy was to four heal it, and we don't even have four active raiders who play healers. We just ended up two healing everything so far, so I have a whole bunch of healing gear for nothing. >.>
And the forums have finally updated Lobster's achievement points for me.
05/02/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Cayse
My guild was talking about me going holy for heroic progression since morchok's early strategy was to four heal it, and we don't even have four active raiders who play healers. We just ended up two healing everything so far, so I have a whole bunch of healing gear for nothing. >.>

That's how we do it, but fortunately my healing gear is not required - I have a set, some of which is actually rather good, but last time they made me heal (sorry, 'asked me nicely') on Sharrow I did so badly I've not been asked again. I just don't grok Cata pally PvE healing.
It's bloody impossible to cap a flag for that achievement. As soon as I stop defending towers to try cap one we lose them all.