OOC: Proposition to Bjornolf, Operation Halaa

Emerald Dream
In the HORDE thread, you assert that arranging PVP on the forums is unproductive. I counter this with it doesn't have to be. It's great that CBH plans their PvP attacks, and I agree that there is some benefit to keeping it a surprise, but it seems more often than not you're disappointed by a lack of response. A simple fact is, you plan an attack but we don't plan a defense. Invariably, this leads to a haphazard attempt that we get bored with because it's by your own admission, often Orgrimmar before you get a response, and lag makes it that a defense becomes frustration incarnate.

What about Halaa?

*Nobody goes there anymore, and it has a derth of NPCs, so it shouldn't lag as hard.
*There's a goal to PVP there, to collect battle tokens, so it should entice casual PVPrs like myself who might have missed on on the best times to obtain the Black War Talbuk
*Because of the above, raid sizes shouldn't matter too much if it's not completely disproportionate, as you have to be in the group to get tokens, it should ease frustration as long as people see a return on their time
*It's a new environment and not just "Allies are attacking Orgrimmar again" and can allow for more creative responses.

I don't want to lead or do anything organizing the raids (I have a severe lack of time to recruit between school, work, and an independent game in development), so I'm pitching this on the forums early, so that Horde and Ally side PVP guilds can pitch it to their members. If you agree, Ally and Horde PVP guilds can start to recruit members for the battle. I'll see if Anarchy has a few to spare, but I'm not an officer so I can't post events or promise. But if there's a fight over there, I'll go. The groups fly to the faction hubs in Nagrand and start organizing the raids before...2 PM server time this Sat? Then at 2 PM, the battle for Halaa starts and any late comers can join in at their leisure. People fight as long as they're interested, then they can leave for their other in game or real life responsibilities.

Horde interested? Ally interested?

Edit: We're looking at Eight PM server time now.
04/25/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Krystella
Horde interested?

Mordrok will defend the ancestral homeland of Nagrand with his very life, if need be!

It won't be, of course, as Alliance pinkskins are laughably soft and woefully ineffectual in battle, BUT MORDROK JUST WANTED TO THROW THAT OUT THERE.
Laughably soft? Woefully ineffectual in battle??!?! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of Peacebloom! The Champions of Light will show you that you're the one who is laughably soft and woefully ineffectual in battle! I will rip out your intestines and play jump rope with them any day of the week, coward!
04/25/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Roua
I will rip out your intestines and play jump rope with them any day of the week, coward!

Your imagery is Orcworthy indeed but MORDROK SMELLS THE FEAR quaking behind that mask. You may ride to fair Nagrand on your griffon but you will leave her as scattered ashes on the wind, your burned husks cooking our meat on skewers of your bones that rotate lazily over our VICTORY PYRE.
04/25/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Mordrok
MORDROK SMELLS THE FEAR

That's not my fear. It's the fear of the last Hordie that I stabbed in the back. His tongue was delicious.
04/25/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Mordrok
You may ride to fair Nagrand on your griffon

I don't ride a grphon. I ride a flying machine and I will slowly push your face into the rotary blades. Your face will slowly be ripped off peice by peice AS YOU CRY OUT IN AGONY! Your blood will decorate my machine AS A SIGN OF VICTORY! *Stomps around for a moment, is starting to lose joking demeanour*

When I see you, I will kill you very slowly......*Brandishes both his daggers for a moment* Very slowly.
I'll crosspost this to Emerald Drama tonight. I'm at work and have no account there yet. If someone wants to beat me to it, I don't mind at all.

I'll be there with whatever Horde show up, and we'll see. Thanks for the interest so far from Roua and Mordrok and thanks Bjorn for posing it to your guild. I'll try mine, but i'm in a similar situation as you are, as well as being very new after a lengthy absence.

Any other interested parties, please post here to let us know! :)
That's fine with me, I'm good whenever. I just figured early would free up time for late night raids since I did this at the last minute basically.
Halaalalala! I miss it. I'd love to participate but a weekend afternoon is probably impossible. More like this though.
It's not like this is the only Halaa event that can ever be run ever. Get people to show for this: good. Get people to show for another midweek: also good.
2pm on a Saturday is not good for a lot of people. I wouldn't mind seeing this area becoming a regular hotspot once again. I may make a point to swing by there from time to time and see if I can stir up some trouble.

Halaa back at me!
04/26/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Bjornolf
I'm looking at your post on the Drama forums and the provisions on it completely goes against why the challenge was made (at least from my understanding of it). Horde was complaining about "zerg" because of unfair numbers -- now we're having a show down with no set numbers? Doesn't make sense. Thought we were doing a 20v20 or a 40v40? If both sides empty out into Nagrand, you're going to have just as much lag as you would if it was a city raid which defeats the purpose of the challenge ...

No, I never really complained about zerg PVP, in fact one of the points I made above was that we didn't have to have set numbers. A lot of the lag that we complain about in Org is due to noncombatants and NPCs running around. This should limit them and provide people with a reason to fight, as well as knowledge of when it will happen. Those were the problems I was trying to solve.

I think we'll probably leave it as Sat, since more people are expressing an interest and if it goes off well we can do it again. Or if it doesn't we can schedule it for a better day afterwards. If people at the event enjoy it, we can discuss doing a second one on Sunday.

2pm on a Saturday is not good for a lot of people. I wouldn't mind seeing this area becoming a regular hotspot once again. I may make a point to swing by there from time to time and see if I can stir up some trouble.

Halaa back at me!

We're looking at eight server time now.