Blizzard Updater failed with internal error

Mac Technical Support
My daughter has been playing (and paying for) WoW for several months on my relatively new iMac. However, she has been unable to play lately due to a strange problem with the latest patch (I assume). Of course, this problem has eaten into her subscription. I have attempted to troubleshoot for her but have not been successful. I'm hoping I can get some help from this forum.

Anyway, on to the problem. When I open the launcher, I get a message: "Reconfiguring game files. Please wait." After this, I get a pop-up: "Blizzard Updater failed with an internal error. Please contact Blizzard Technical Support." This has happened constantly. I have wiped the cache, interface, and whatever other files that I have been told to delete and ran the repair tool. I also have reinstalled the game four times.

I'm not the most tech savvy person on the web, but I have researched this problem and it seems to be widespread since this patch (4.3.4?) has been deployed.

Any help would be appreciated. I've spent two hours troubleshooting this and can't figure out the problem. I can't waste much more time on this issue.
This mainly happens due to connectivity issues. Is the iMac wireless? I would try bypassing any routers and directly connect to the modem.

Bypassing the router
    1. Unplug the power to your modem.
    2. Follow the ethernet cable from the modem to the router. Unplug it from the router.
    3. Plug this end into your computer.
    4. Plug the power back into your modem and let it start up.
    5. Restart your computer.
    6. Test.

If there is any security applications or web filters, try disabling that or starting up into safe mode and attempt to patch.

Starting up into Safe Mode (to Safe Boot)
    1. Be sure your Mac is shut down.
    2. Press the power button.
    3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
    4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).
    5. Once the login screen appears, make sure it has Safe Boot/Safe Mode displayed. This indicates you've done the steps properly.
    6. Login and attempt to install/patch. Once you are done, simply restart the Mac to leave Safe Mode.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
I'm with Skygoddess on this. I've tried every suggestion that I can find for this issue without success. Last time this happened the patch mirror worked but it's been nearly 2 weeks now and the newest patch hasn't been posted anywhere that I can find.

I was just getting back into WoW after not playing for several months and this is killing it for me. Might just have to pack it in and call it a loss, been paying Blizzard for something I haven't been using...not cool.
Got the 64 bit client installed perchance ?

Might need to see your logs then.

Zip them up and upload them somewhere then link us the link here :)
Thank you so much, when i just plugged into my modem it was done with in 30 seconds.
Bypassing the router did the trick. It worked perfectly and was a pretty simple fix. Thanks for the help!
i tried this and it has not helped me. i still cannot update.
i still need help as well i have a PC not a mac and itwill not open just the same notification every time
05/13/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Kiddlebottom
i still need help as well i have a PC not a mac and itwill not open just the same notification every time

You will need to post in the PC forums for technical support.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
Bypassing the router! Bypassing the router! Bypassing the router!

F Me! Did everything but this and finally walked my !@# downstairs and bypassed the MF router and it worked.