More stable slots.

Hunter
I think hunters need to be able to stable more pets.

Off-the-cuff reasoning:

More pets will be released with the new expansion.
There are plenty of ways to fill our slots now, adding more options for pets stresses room even more.

I like having many different pets, aswell as having differently specced like-pets at any givin time.(not to mention color choice)

I think, although not sure, there are enough different exotic pets alone to fill the stables currently - leaving no room for a non-Beast Master hunter spec entirely.

However, the usual argument is "fix my class before giving me more cuddly pets." This was for good reason albeit.

I say give us 50 pet slots. Let hunters remain the true poke... beast masters! Cuddly pets be damned!
My stable is completely full. But I have ONLY the pets I really, really like. And the vast majority are rares I spent days or weeks camping to find. We need more stable slots.
05/04/2012 04:39 AMPosted by Seeleybooth
My stable is completely full. But I have ONLY the pets I really, really like. And the vast majority are rares I spent days or weeks camping to find. We need more stable slots.

This is what I run into also.

As far as "fix my class before giving me more cuddly pets." I would include the stable, or lack thereof, as part that needs fixed. /smile /wink - anyways - I don't think adding more stable slots is nearly as complicated as that balancing act, but I could be wrong I supose.
More pets will be released with the new expansion.
There are plenty of ways to fill our slots now, adding more options for pets stresses room even more.

What would you do with 50 pets that you can't do with 25?
05/04/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Gnorf

One can store exactly 25 more pets with 50 pets than one can store with only 25.

Ask a stupid question; get a stupid answer.
I dont think people use all the pets they have now. I would rather have blizzard use the data storage for something better then additional pretty pets, at the same time using the resouces that would have gone into pets on balance.

Such as quad specs and then seperating pvp from pve and then making things zone specific. No raiding in a pvp spec and no pvp in a pve spec. You could even separate Tier set bonus's being used. Creating a better balancing environment. But maybe more pets people do not use (standing in SW does not count as a use) would benefit the entire community rather then just one class. imo 25 is enough
I dont think people use all the pets they have now. I would rather have blizzard use the data storage for something better then additional pretty pets, at the same time using the resouces that would have gone into pets on balance.

Such as quad specs and then seperating pvp from pve and then making things zone specific. No raiding in a pvp spec and no pvp in a pve spec. You could even separate Tier set bonus's being used. Creating a better balancing environment. But maybe more pets people do not use (standing in SW does not count as a use) would benefit the entire community rather then just one class. imo 25 is enough

that like comparing apples to the orange equitorial eye of jupiter, man.
Data required to enlarge a list pets owned a characters is like bites of data, it's not even a programming issue, its a matter of the sive of a character data sheet.

Programming the game client to check gear type and programming a 'suitability sorting' algorith is really really really hard. especially since people are allowed to hold gear in their bag and switch gear freely out of combat.
Ask a stupid question; get a stupid answer.

Reread the question. Slowly.

Also, see: hypothetical.
I dont think people use all the pets they have now.

I think they just really like putting things into slots. The point of things is to put them into slots. The point of slots is to fill them with things.

Currently, we have things in abundance. Even if you put a thing into a slot, that thing will just respawn a minute later! There is effectively an infinite supply of things in World of Warcraft. The number of slots, by comparison, is strictly limited.

Hence, the need for more slots. The game would be perfect, if not for the disparity between things and slots. Since there is an infinite number of things, we logically need an infinite number of slots.
I absolutely use all 25 of my pets. I like them all and they're in my stable for a reason. I even swap pets in and out on a regular basis. "Need" vs "Want" when it comes to a computer game we play for fun is a stupid argument. I don't need to play wow at all. I want too. I don't need to play a hunter. I want to. I don't need 25 pets. I want them. When MoP comes I'll want a few more slots too. I'm fine if Blizz decides not to increase our stable size but it'd be nice.

Saying things that players want that make the game more fun for them aren't necessary is ridiculous. Blizzard didn't get to where it is today being some crap game company that has to choose between fun and basic game playability and mechanics. It's all important and all of it deserves attention. Esp something as relatively simple as adding a few more stable slots. We have infinite room for mounts and companions. Why not hunter pets? I suspect the reason is because Blizz wants taming and keeping pets to be a choice but I don't think it has anything to do with it being so hard or some big technological challenge that a company like Blizz just can't overcome.

If someone doesn't want more slots, guess what, you don't have to use them. Some hunters get really into the pet aspect of the game. To others pets are nothing more than annoying buff bots. People are different and play the game differently. What a concept!
I have all the sbeasts other than Korma and that alone almost takes up a full page if they just added another page for slots it would be great no more no less I can't imagine it would be that hard to do.
I rotate all of my best frequently. I still wish to see it possible to have a stable-tab ala mount tab.
I agree. I only tame the rare or extremely hard to get pets. I need more room!
-Oops, hit the wrong key on here, anyway...

05/04/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Gnorf

-Well, I would be able to use my (50) pets without having to abandon and re-tame them like I do now. That's why I came here actually, along with the other reasons.

Harvesting,
-I don't think adding more stable slots is the quite same as those things you mentioned.

05/04/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Eponine
So you want to have the option to store 50 pets instead of just 25? Do you have 25 pets now, and if so, do you use all of them?

-Yes, I do.

05/04/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Eponine
With hunter pets giving buffs that might be missing in a raid, all we really need is a slot for one of each type of buff. Maybe a few more for collecting different skins we like. 50 is really pretty excessive; we're not pokemon masters collecting every beast we see. Remember when we could only have like, 5 total pets, and we had to go to the stable master every time we wanted to change it? If you give a mouse a cookie...

-First, I don't like the thought of only having pets with/for buffs. Second, playing a hunter and the choice of pets is one reason I tend to stay away from other classes, or even specs, that use pets where they are there for their "must-have" ability that have absolutly no choice in that pet. Third, I do remeber the old days, but we're not stuck in the dark ages anymore, and there is a reason it was upped in the first place. I wouldn't hesitate to guess for much the same reasons I'm here now. If I remeber right there was actually something said in regaurds to MoP and bunches of super cool new awsome and rare pets.

Well, I'm off to hunt some more!
i'm so up for more i like the rares i have and i worked hard for all of them.

and i do use all of my ferocity pets i would use my other pets like my madexx or my deth'tilac but can't right now cause of there specs so i can't realy use them much but with the new pet spec thats going around you can bet your butt i'm gona use ALL my pets.
I find it ironic that the people saying they use ALL their pets still have pets in their stables without a spec.
05/05/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Harvesting
I find it ironic that the people saying they use ALL their pets still have pets in their stables without a spec.

Interesting. You know you don't have to have a spec to use a pet right? You don't have to be talented on your character to play either. Some people do those things for a challange. (Not to mention RP)