What exactly made 'Thunderfury' the choice?

General Discussion
Not trolling, I'm genuinely curious. What exactly is so special about Thunderfury that made people decide to make it into a meme over, say, Sulfuras or Atiesh?
I think it's because it has the longest name of all the legendaries and all items in general.
05/03/2012 02:35 AMPosted by Kaestanori
I think it's because it has the longest name of all the legendaries and all items in general.

Also it's fun to say!
Hmmm, I always thought because this weapon was a symbol of status back during vanilla, it was also rare, so whenever people saw it, they link it and say something on the line of how cool it was.

There also use to be an add on that could alter the name of the items linked in chat, it was done for thunderfury, I think in an attempt to mock the people who link it in awe. It was pretty funny.
It had the longest name of all items in the game, at the time.
It no longer does, but it is far more easily recognisable then the one (maybe two I think?) PvP weapons from Burning Crusade that are longer then it.
05/03/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Mardigo
Hmmm, I always thought because this weapon was a symbol of status back during vanilla, it was also rare, so whenever people saw it, they link it

Atiesh was harder to get, and Sulfuras was just as rare.
The real question is, what happens when the unstoppable force hits the unmovable object?
Most memes are stupid and don't make sense.
05/03/2012 02:55 AMPosted by Rageface
Most memes are stupid and don't make sense.

They make perfect sense! It's the best way to determine who are the morons on your server!

It's considered spam, it's the greatest way to get people suspended or just banned from the Trade channel after I right-click their name and select "Report Spam"

So keep it up people, oh and I'm gonna report all the people who decide to start this crap in this thread, so beware if you care about your forum priviledges.
I never really got that joke. maybe after the 100000th time I hear it I'll think its funny.
05/03/2012 03:53 AMPosted by Yumeria
I never really got that joke. maybe after the 100000th time I hear it I'll think its funny.

Nope.

Still not funny.
I'd say the name was the reason.
I'll be honest, I started spamming Thori'dal way before spamming Thunderfury was cool and amusing. :P
05/03/2012 03:57 AMPosted by Christofer
I'll be honest, I started spamming Thori'dal way before spamming Thunderfury was cool and amusing. :P

What in the nine hells happened to your face.
05/03/2012 04:06 AMPosted by Alanahlia

What in the nine hells happened to your face.

Deathwing burned it off, and he got a replacement one.

Has never been the same since then.
You don't pick your legendary, it picks you.