What Blizz should do about skimpy transmog

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
What should they do about skimpy gear, easy make MORE, this is a fantasy game, in rl I am a jeans and t shirt type person, in game I can wear the skimpy stuff and feel comfortable and yes, hot (lol, maybe not quite so hot on my plump dwarf gal but nelfs, humans, give me skimpy) and btw, Xena Warrior Princess, skimpy, tough, hot and would kicketh yr butteth OP:)
Magic armor protects the whole body magically. Please dont bring reality into my fantasy escape.
05/04/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Arrakeen
I agree. Any worgen wearing anything that doesn't completely cover every hideous inch of their terrible bodies should log in dead and be unable to rez.

Worgen . Platekini. Did a LOT of work to pull it off. DEAL.

Besides, I'm cuddlier than you.
I think werewolves shouldn't be able to speak. Dogs can't speak, so that would be more realistic. lol
"What Blizz should do about skimpy transmog"

They should make more skimpy armor available for transmog, seriously, there is not enough.
05/05/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Bovinater
negate my joy,

If you think being a sexist pig is joy then your doing it wrong.

Even in a video game, dressing women up as sex objects is disgusting. If you are a woman, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Ahem, I am a women and why on earth would I want my character to run around looking like a nun? (no offense to nuns). There is nothing wrong with having your character wear attractive mogs. Should a women in real life never wear a short skirt and heels, or a low cut blouse with low riding jeans? Women in real life dress in what they think is attractive. It's no different with transmogs.

Skimpy armor is not objectifying women or making them sex objects or anything else you can come up with.

It is a video fantasy not real life game. It's pretend. It actually does not exist unless you click the icon, click play, then enter log in information.

I'm not the least bit ashamed of myself. In fact I'm going to go troll the AH for black mageweave stuff.

Have a nice day!
05/04/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Downlo
Still waiting for my banana hammock piece that I can transmog to. Nothing says wtf like being ambushed by a man in a thong.

It should have an AoE Blind effect.

You sir, are brilliant.
negate my joy,

Even in a video game, dressing women up as sex objects is disgusting. If you are a woman, you should be ashamed of yourself.

My outlook on it has never been about being any sort of sex object. It's all in the feeling of "Who needs to wear the equivalent of an entire smithy to take you down? I can kill you in a bikini!"

And yes, I do take joy in that. Joy, pride in my characters and absolutely no shame. I can only hope that you have something that inspires you as much as my armor does for me.
lol your idea actually kind of amuses me, but I can't see them ever doing something like that. The QQ would be insane.
05/04/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Emra
I bet this player is a woman. Guys would certainly not get offended by half-naked females running around like hooches in a game.

Hey, I'm a woman and dress my toons like hoochies. :P
I'd like to add the hoochieness to my male toons as well. : \

Most of the girls I know that play this game do that.

But I've never seen a guy go up to the stage during BlizzCon Q&A and ask the panel to stop dressing up the female characters like victoria's secret models, either.
Make it so that if you transmogrify your gear into something skimpy, all attacks against you have a chance of ignoring all your armor and resilience. The more skimpy the gear, the greater the chance of armor and resilience being bypassed.

For example, if you transmogrify into something that fully covers your chest, no armor is bypassed, but if you transmogrify into something that shows full cleavage, full stomach, and 3/4's of your legs, the chance of bypassing could go up to nearly 75%.

That would make the game more realistic and remind people that showing lots of skin in battle is not a good survival strategy.

If you were to factor in realism like this, it may go through some areas you may not like. Sure, maybe there is that 75% reduced armor, but that's a lot less weight they are carrying. Their movement speed along with possibly dodge and agility would increase going by that logic :P

Instead of meddling into these factors, it is best to embrace it is part of a game we can choose how to present our characters' appearance. You don't have to transmog skimpy outfits yourself.

negate my joy,

... Why is dressing up in a platekini being sexist. We see bikinis and trunks all the time at a beach in real life. Does that make everyone sexist because they choose to have a good time at the beach and swim?