Comprehensive Gaming PC/Laptop Guide: MK II

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
Bad combo. ASRock H61M can't overclock that i5-2500k. Either get a i5-2300 with that motherboard, or get a Z77 board with the i5-2500k. Let me know what will you do about this, because answer to this will change the RAM recommendation as well.
Not sure why I posted that motherboard, I actually bought the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4.
Then yeah, it's all good.

I would drop to GTX 560 though -- as both GTX 560 and 560 Ti will provide high FPS in these games you mention in the first place anyway. Only GPU demanding games will have 560 Ti have a noticeable lead.

As for the how long these graphics cards can last; it'll last as long as consoles remain woefully underpowered.

Although DDR3-1600 nowadays cost the same as DDR3-1333, and will have a small performance improvement for the system, but it's not a huge deal. I have DDR3-1333 in my i5-2500k system.

The build itself otherwise, will last you quite some time.
Alright thanks again Kalganized for your help. I actually went to Microcenter and was using your guide as I was browsing. I only ended up getting the i5-2500k combo because of your post about it. I'll be ordering the rest of the parts from Newegg next weekend so I'll probably be back then with more questions. Until then, thank you!
Here's something funny. I decided to try to save ~20 dollars on the OD by taking one out of an old desktop my Dad doesn't use anymore. Smart move right? Right, so I'm looking online at the motherboard I want to get to see where it plugs into, but I can't find the spot. Why? Well because the OD is so old (March 2003) the drive uses PATA instead of SATA.
At least it's just a DVD drive. You can probably buy one off mom and pop stores for $20 or even less if you don't care about burning speed on it.
computer up and working but i tried a can u run it of d3 and it says i cant run min....

also i updated my motherbord drivers but how do i update my graphic card drivers im running this graphics card

this is my build

Intel Pentium G850 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623G850

ASRock H61M/U3S3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM

PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 500W

XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition ATX Mid Tower Computer Chassis Gaming Case w/ Front Blue LED 120mm Fan & Top 120mm Fan
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Go to AMD's website to download latest catalyst drivers for your computer
not sure were to get them but is this the right spot ?

(Application profiles not necessary.
Hello. I am looking for a laptop that will run Warcraft on fairly high if not high settings and I was wondering what your opinion on these listed below are. I'm sorry if you have mentioned it already but what is the difference between the AMD A6(which you said is quad core if I'm not mistaken) and the intell i7 quad core processor? Is intell better?

Here is the first one:

This one below had a review in which someone said they ran wow on high. This is the one you posted earlier Kalganized. I can spend $850 but I'm still trying to find something a bit cheaper. Is that possible if I want to play on high settings?

Kalganized-- I really appreciate your knowledge and the time you spend helping us out. Your Laptop addendum has been most helpful.
download/ran it how can i tell if all my stuff is working? i played a game of lol and got 40fps on max setting on 3v3 idk if i should be getting more and i think ive downloaded updated every driver not sure downloading wow now tho
Magdalum: CPU-wise, Intel i7 is much superior over AMD A6, but as a gaming setup, the i7 MUST come with a good dedicated graphics card, or it will fall behind hopelessly against the AMD A6 CPU.

Of course, there is the price difference. I linked a Lenovo laptop I used to always recommend people. This should run WoW on high:

Ynohelp: Download GPU-Z. If it reports a Radeon graphics card, with proper driver version listed in it, its working. Did you force anything in CCC?
gpu z says intrl(r) hd graphics my readon phans are spinning everything is it right why isnt it reading it is it broke?
Go to control panel -> device manager -> see if your Radeon card is listed there

Ensure that your monitor is NOT connected to the motherboard's vga/dvi port; it should be connected to the dedicated graphics card ports
its not listed there my montior is connected to the blue port on the mother bord i belive the port on the graphics card wont fit my monitor i think if its the port next to it dont get what your saying ^^
Does this all apply for Diablo 3 as well? I'm thinking about getting the Desktop build 2 for around $600 and throwing an SSD in there to speed things up. Will this run D3 on max settings?

This is my first time attempting to build my own computer so I appreciate any help you can offer.
if u mean dvi cable from monitor to graphic card no i do not have one of those do i need one? im useing the blue cord from monitor to motherbord
Ynohelp: That is why your card isn't being recognized. Connect your monitor to the graphics card, not motherboard.

Yes, you need either the cable, or adapter (VGA->DVI)

Dazeez: SSD is not required for running D3 max
Ok good to know. But will the rest of the stuff run games like Skyrim and D3 on max settings?