Deth'Tilac and taming in general

Hunter
This is going to be very rage filled because I just spent 3 hours doing this but there are a few things that made it a near impossibility. Deth'Tilac is a massive purple spider in the molten core and is one of the challenge tames for a hunter. For those who don't know his challenge go thottbot it. Now, there are a few things that he's doing that even makes this a near impossibility without having a druid friend to spam entangling roots or something.

1) He's moving faster than he really should and the distance you need to revive pet, even with a ton of haste, often de-aggros him even when dazing and ice trapping him.

2) Other world hazards and NPCs will often take the opportunity to pwn you while you're trying to tame this beast which makes it that much harder, even when clearing them you often find they respawn by the time you get back to him.

3) He often ignores the traps and will walk right over them, therefor making it impossible to have the distance required.

4) Snake trap is useless, not even forcing him to deter an instant.

5) Any friendly NPCs that happen to walk by with start to pwn him, I had my attempt ruined a hundred times by an NPC taunting him.

6) Ice trap, and general proximity, will aggro all nearby NPCs further to make your life that much harder and an actual tame near impossible.

7) Last but not least, you've gotta tame him once he's below 20% HP, which is impossible because you need to sacrifice your pet 8 times to get him there. Every time you rez your pet he'll pwn it again, costing 10% of his HP but preventing you from attempting to tame because the game still !@#$ing registers that your god damn pet is still %^-*ing alive and summoned so you need to revive and dismiss it hoping to god that Deth'Tilac doesn't !@#$ing pwn it again and thus %^-*ing kill his own dumb !@#$ self like a god damn peice of %^-* retarded AI that he !@#$ing is!

Now, with that out of the way, Blizzard did a damn good job of making this %^-*er niegh impossible without having to use a cheap way to do it, in which case there is no god damn accomplishment in it. So here's my proposal to everyone who got pissed at similar situations.

IF YOUR GOD DAMN PET IS DEAD THEN COUNT IT AS NOT HAVING A !@#$ING PET OUT!!!!!

That is all, remarks?
I got him the first time I've met him without any help. Deth'tilac are for those who deserves it.
Sorry I had to laugh considering my thread I made earlier.

1. Clear out yellow spiders leading down the ramp to her area.
2. Kite Deth'tilac to the NPCs that are battling the invaders.
3. Once she is being attacked by the NPCs you can even use Feign death....I got a few smaller mobs on me and I instinctively hit Feign. To my surprise she didn't leash back and all it took was 1 attack to start kiting again.
4. Run her over npcs so she uses that ability that 1 shots but also drops her health. Tame when shes under 20%.
5. This is totally cheesing it, but hey...5 mins vs 3 hours.
Or, you know, make friends with a druid maybe...?

3. Once she is being attacked by the NPCs you can even use Feign death....I got a few smaller mobs on me and I instinctively hit Feign. To my surprise she didn't leash back and all it took was 1 attack to start kiting again.
4. Run her over npcs so she uses that ability that 1 shots but also drops her health. Tame when shes under 20%.

This and Tehtool's are the only ones that are worth even reading, the rest seem to be little more than !@# holes being useless as they like to be.

I'll give this a shot next time I see him up. My only fear is that I'll be taming him and an NPC will come up and taunt aggro off me mid tame.
05/04/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Katsuikimono
the rest seem to be little more than !@# holes being useless as they like to be.

/success
It took me maybe half an hour to get a good feel with pet sacc'n+ Conc shot + Frost trap. Just gotta keep at it and be determined. Deth is one of the few pets to tame that really take work, Solix is the same with having to kite.
I wish I knew about the trick with the NPC's before I tamed mine. It took me over an hour of kiting back and forth on that ledge. Trap concussion trap etc.... my pet was out the entire time. I tamed some basic pet and just took dps points so it wasn't a big deal with I abandoned him just before the tame. 5min is a helluva lot better then the time it took for me to get him lol
05/04/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Quincanon
I wish I knew about the trick with the NPC's before I tamed mine. It took me over an hour of kiting back and forth on that ledge. Trap concussion trap etc.... my pet was out the entire time. I tamed some basic pet and just took dps points so it wasn't a big deal with I abandoned him just before the tame. 5min is a helluva lot better then the time it took for me to get him lol

You guys know to send the pet in to allow Deth to strike it right?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=101226
LMAO - so easy it cannot be considered a challenge. i have tamed 3 times. it is a crap spider and looks terrible. i abandoned it.

the most fun to be had is waiting until a Horde Hunter has it down to 10% and then killing it.
05/04/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Quincanon

Yeah but I feel like I cheesed it hard. I literally pulled once and 5 mins later I had Deth. I didn't realize he was giving other people so much trouble. I don't have the satisfaction that I am sure you have with the pet.
05/04/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Boneshot

Yeah but I feel like I cheesed it hard. I literally pulled once and 5 mins later I had Deth. I didn't realize he was giving other people so much trouble. I don't have the satisfaction that I am sure you have with the pet.

I have a little with him, but I got him and Kirix and I must say. Kirix gave me far more trouble then Deth'Tilac did. Deth was just a matter of running back and forth, Kirix I had to make sure I got him right at the point I could start tame on that ledge, I popped AH from my corehound and dismissed him, plus used a haste pot to get my haste above 9 and managed to get him. The mechanics for Kirix made taming him alot more rewarding. I didn't die to Deth, but Kirix melted my face 3 times before I got the timing right.
Really? Kirix was just as simple as

Aspect of the Wild
Potion of Speed
Tame
Disengage after he knocks you in yhr air
Deterrence
Tame
Success

Got him first try no problems. Not even sure if I needed the haste pot.

This and Tehtool's are the only ones that are worth even reading, the rest seem to be little more than !@# holes being useless as they like to be.

I'll give this a shot next time I see him up. My only fear is that I'll be taming him and an NPC will come up and taunt aggro off me mid tame.

She was easy to tame, even on the first day of the Molten Front being released.

Get a spec with entrapment, concussive shot, disengage. Heck, with deterrence, you can run her in a circle around the little highway that she spawns on.

After camping her all day, I pulled her I did this until she was about 50%, then about five-or-six other hunters showed up and started distracting shotting her to try to get the server-first tame. (It was actually server-second because some people made it to the Molten Front before you could legitimately make it there.) She then one shotted about 4 of the idiots who thought she was a boss who they had to kill.

I tamed her while she was 3%

Since then, after helping other hunters, honestly... The best way is to bring a friend. And it does not even take close to 3 hours. Even soloing it's 5-10 minutes tops.
Ive got all the hunter challenges done. You can solo all of them with time and practice. Sometimes some switching of your spec too