Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Define neutral.

Are we talking full on no longer Alliance Tirion neutral or are we talking Malfurion's half neutral but still kind of sort of alliance?

Still being Alliance but acting as a Horde quest Giver.

And let's admit, this type of behavior DESTROYED Malfy character.

"Oh the Horde killed the last incarnation of Cenarius and is currently Burning Ashenvalle, while bombing some druid over stonetalon and whatnot"

*Receives them with open arms in Moun Hyjal*

Nice way to leave out that the "Horde" that killed Cenarius were corrupted by Mannoroth's blood.....
I read that Anduin goes neutral at some part in the Island. Is this happening again?

Yes, I AM tired of Alliance characters and factions with potential Alliance sided development to go neutral for the sake of Horde enjoyment

I'm usually on the positive and patient side when you guys say you intend to do awesome things and whatever, but i'm starting to get a bad feeling about this...

Tirion goes neutral - OMG HORDE FAVORITISM
Thrall goes neutral - OMG HORDE FAVORITISM
Thrall goes back to Horde - OMG HORDE FAVORITISM
Anduin goes neutral - OMG HORDE FAVORITISM

Still being Alliance but acting as a Horde quest Giver.

And let's admit, this type of behavior DESTROYED Malfy character.

"Oh the Horde killed the last incarnation of Cenarius and is currently Burning Ashenvalle, while bombing some druid over stonetalon and whatnot"

*Receives them with open arms in Moun Hyjal*

Nice way to leave out that the "Horde" that killed Cenarius were corrupted by Mannoroth's blood.....

Read my previous post.
05/04/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Yuë
One thing is to forget past actions to cooperate, the other is to turn your back to what is happening NOW and greet that Orc that just burned half of Ashenvalle and killed piles of Nelves to help Hyjal.

When did he do that, exactly? I don't recall Malfurion having any direct contact with Garrosh, or any of the Horde's military at all, for that matter.

For that matter, it's not exactly like Cenarius's death was ancient history at that point. It had literally happened within days of Malfurion's comment.
05/04/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Kuijin

Let's not go into this again. At that point in the campaign Hellscream willingly drank the blood for the second time.
I read that Anduin goes neutral at some part in the Island. Is this happening again?

Yes, I AM tired of Alliance characters and factions with potential Alliance sided development to go neutral for the sake of Horde enjoyment

I'm usually on the positive and patient side when you guys say you intend to do awesome things and whatever, but i'm starting to get a bad feeling about this...

What are you trying to say?
Funny how you don't source where you read this from.

Cos the single biggest Horde hero totally didn't go neutral for the sake of an entire expansion's story or anything.

0/10

He's going back to the Horde. Hell, Mists is the build up to Thrall leading King Chin like a puppy dog on a leash into Org so that he can watch how real leaders work.

05/04/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
He's not neutral, he gets kidnapped by the Horde.

He remains neutral and works with Horde characters after that happens.

What are you trying to say?

Isn't it obvious?

This Horde favoritism needs to stop!!!

Tirion going neutral didn't hurt me that much, he didn't had so much Alliance sided presence before being introduced during LK.

What DOES is things like the Kirin Tor, that had mages being Assassinated by undead since Vanilla calling for the horde, is Malfy apparently being blind to what is happening through Kalimdor.
05/04/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Garrondor
Let's not go into this again. At that point in the campaign Hellscream willingly drank the blood for the second time.

In order to kill a demigod that had attacked him first.

Not that I'm saying Hellscream wasn't an idiot to do it, just that the Alliance doesn't really have the grounds to complain about it when the night elves drew first blood by attacking a lumber camp without so much as a cease-and-desist first, then upped the ante by dragging a demigod into it.

Tirion has always been neutral.

"One of the first five Knights of the Silver Hand selected by Archbishop Alonsus Faol, Fordring was one of the heroes of the Second War."

Yeaaaaah...

http://www.wowpedia.org/Tirion
05/04/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Encore

...but Tirion's always been neutral? And people !@#$%ing about Tirion are the Horde who confuse "this one dude is human" with "Wrath was Alliance only".
05/04/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Sharkon

In order to kill a demigod that had attacked him first.

Not that I'm saying Hellscream wasn't an idiot to do it, just that the Alliance doesn't really have the grounds to complain about it when the night elves drew first blood by attacking a lumber camp without so much as a cease-and-desist first, then upped the ante by dragging a demigod into it.

Let's be fair here. Hellscream was pretty stubborn if the Night elves had asked him to leave nicely do you think he would have? I highly doubt it.
He's going back to the Horde. Hell, Mists is the build up to Thrall leading King Chin like a puppy dog on a leash into Org so that he can watch how real leaders work.

For the umpteenth time, you're basing this on absolutely nothing but your own assumptions based on some kind of baseless victim mentality. Everything that's actually been said about the Orgrimmar raid by the devs indicates that the Alliance version will have nothing to do with Thrall at all.
The thing is, how would Horde players feel, is they had to tag along Varian during ALL Cata, helping he get a new girlfriend, and then hearing him whine on the raid tier, and them he decides to turn Alliance again after...

Thrall didn't go the perma neutral that basically all alliance character seems to.
05/04/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Garrondor
Let's be fair here. Hellscream was pretty stubborn if the Night elves had asked him to leave nicely do you think he would have? I highly doubt it.

True, but the point is that they never bothered to try. They just showed up and started shooting.

Tirion going neutral didn't hurt me that much, he didn't had so much Alliance sided presence before being introduced during LK.

What DOES is things like the Kirin Tor, that had mages being Assassinated by undead since Vanilla calling for the horde, is Malfy apparently being blind to what is happening through Kalimdor.

Did Anduin have much of a presence? I remember him standing around in Stormwind Castle, but not much else. Serious question.