Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
This is what Velen see's in Auduin's future

"And as soon as Anduin came into view, the world changed.

Instead of the prince, an armored warrior stood before him, his plate helm and breastplate shining with the essence of the Light itself. The warrior wielded a sword forged from the same material as the armor, held it aloft as he perched on an outcropping... Whether it was on another world or Azeroth, Velen couldn't quite tell. And suddenly the dark sky above erupted with the combined chivalry of Azeroth's races. The blood elves, orcs, trolls, tauren, and even the accursed undead and scheming goblins rode flying mounts of every sort and description. They were armored and armed in magical weaponry glowing with so much power it hurt Velen's eyes to look at them. Beside the legions of the Horde, the ancient night elves charged with humans, dwarves, and gnomes, whose ancestors formed the original Alliance, and the shape-changing worgen were united with them. Velen's own draenei bolstered the army, their ranks adorned in otherworldly metals and bearing crystalline maces and swords.

The Alliance and Horde were not alone. Dragons swooped and soared in formations that made the sky resemble a giant multicolored, reptilian wing. They blanketed the horizon with their physical size and numbers, and when they roared a challenge, it shook not just the earth Velen stood on, but the universe as well. And yet, for all this, the greatest shock to Velen's senses came as he saw those that flew just beyond the army of dragons. The naaru had taken the field, so many that Velen didn't understand how creation could contain them. The power of these beings of Light filled Velen's heart with hope, swept away the lonely centuries, and left him in wonder that he could ever despair, that the dark, no matter how terrible, could ever truly reign. And then a shadow fell."

Looks like he will become one hell of a Paladin and lead the Alliance and the Horde versus Sargeras and the Burning Legion.
[quote]

Actually, despite my rather harsh first Post, the problem is not just with Alliance, it is with lots of WoW characters simply going "no hard feelings" when something involves the Horde.

-Alexstrasza and the Red Dragonflight simply not caring about the DragonMaw joining the Horde;

-Cenarius attitude of "Hey they little orc, i lost my last life in the hands of your race, but let's work together!"

-Kirin Tor having no hard feelings against the undead or the horde;

-Tirion BLIND to whats happening just south of his shiny new home;

You obviously did not quest in the Twilight Highlands. The Red Dragon flight stated several times that only because of the Twilight Hammer and Death Wing were they aiding us and that normally they would have actions against us. After helping them selflessly they gave us a chance.

Regardless, all of your issues/situations have a world threat of some sort, that any infighting would splinter and cause Azeroth to be destroyed.

Actually, despite my rather harsh first Post, the problem is not just with Alliance, it is with lots of WoW characters simply going "no hard feelings" when something involves the Horde.

-Alexstrasza and the Red Dragonflight simply not caring about the DragonMaw joining the Horde;

-Cenarius attitude of "Hey they little orc, i lost my last life in the hands of your race, but let's work together!"

-Kirin Tor having no hard feelings against the undead or the horde;

-Tirion BLIND to whats happening just south of his shiny new home;

I know, right? As guardians and protectors of the world, they should put their own thirst for vengeance first before trying to save their world.
I mean, really.

Well, they DO MENTION in those quests that they're mad at you for killing Red drakes in Wetlands for the past few years, but kidnapping your queen and abusing her while enslaving her kind is OK?
05/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

This is the best WoW news I've heard in a while. I'm really not a fan of the whole "hey, you're going to be stuck with Thrall whether you like it or not" bit of removing Garrosh.
Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

O_O

I will say I always allowed for that possibility. I imagine I am correct in saying any content dealing with the Siege of Orgrimmar itself and post-MoP content is still in the early planning changes and therefore very flexible at this point.

As for Anduin, I wouldn't say he's neutral so much as hanging out with the Pandaren and abiding by their rules. Certainly not to the degree Thrall was neutral in Cataclysm anyways.

This is the best WoW news I've heard in a while. I'm really not a fan of the whole "hey, you're going to be stuck with Thrall whether you like it or not" bit of removing Garrosh.

Before you get your hopes up, who do you think will be a suitable replacment for garrosh if not Thrall?

Vol'jin? I honestly don't see that happening. I think the orcs demand that only an orc can be warchief.

The only other I can think of is Saurfang, but I don't think he wants the title.

Why you...

If your writers are letting these forum goobers' reactions influence how you tell the story...

Before you get your hopes up, who do you think will be a suitable replacment for garrosh if not Thrall?

Vol'jin? I honestly don't see that happening. I think the orcs demand that only an orc can be warchief.

It's time for that old thinking to go. Baine, Saurfang or Vol'jin are the top picks imo.
Ah, btw i just noticed i wasn't posting in my Main...

==.==

==.==

That matters?
Funny how you don't source where you read this from.

Cos the single biggest Horde hero totally didn't go neutral for the sake of an entire expansion's story or anything.

0/10

Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

rofl.

Anyway alliance deffinately has a higher turnover rate than horde. And its usually humans that go nuetral or go bad. Not very imaginative after the 40th time you see it. Turning the Archbishop was a cheap move with no real lore behind it at all. It like they said "hmm we havn't had a human go bad in a while, lets see........"

You forget that the advisor to the horde also joined up with the twilight cultists? we jsut found out and killed him before he could become a major lore character.

==.==

That matters?

Yes it does, i don't like people who post on their alts as it means they wouldn't take that option openly, akin to hiding.
05/04/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Killercaitie
What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

This made me giggle.

And this tantalised me in unseemly ways.

It's gunna be Lor'Themar isn't it?

I am ok with that. Actually.. I would faction change for that.
I think it would be WAY TOO MUCH.
Im horde and I dont wanna deal with that damn kid.. I wanna KEEL HIM GUD!

No seriously I dont want to have to deal with another jesus.. and the way they are portraying this damn kid in the lore is making it look that way.. read velen's short story.
05/04/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Encore
the heck, are you just trolling now?

It's not my fault you never played the RTS games. The Silver Hand was disbanded by Arthas, and the vast majority of its remaining members were killed by him prior to the start of the third war. To put it in similar terms, there may have been Jedi after the fall of the Jedi temple on Coruscant, but there was no Jedi Council.

05/04/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Encore
The Kingdom of Stormwind was a faction of the WarCraft II Alliance.

No it wasn't. Stormwind was a non-entity in WC2 because the Orcs had razed it and taken its lands. Hell the entire movement of the Alliance campaign in WC2 was to retake those holdings and to force them back through to the Dark Portal (and beyond it in the expansion). None of that matters, however, because I said "after the second war", which is when the Alliance of the 7 kingdoms fell apart due to disagreements on how to handle the remaining Orc population on Azeroth.

05/04/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Encore
And as for your Sylvanas' comment, since she has, y'know, openly wished death and destruction upon the Alliance many times, I tend to think that she has "forsaken" her past ties.

So did Tirion, and for many decades longer than Sylvanas has I might add.
05/04/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Garrondor

An orc will always be Warchief. Cairne might have pulled it off out of sheer force of personality, respect and loyalty had he beaten Garrosh, but there's no other current Horde figure who can claim that.

It's time for that old thinking to go. Baine, Saurfang or Vol'jin are the top picks imo.

I put Saurfang in my edit, but like I said Saurfang doesn't want the title does he? I mean Thrall did consider him for warchief in wrath but he turned it down did he not?

I know, right? As guardians and protectors of the world, they should put their own thirst for vengeance first before trying to save their world.
I mean, really.

Well, they DO MENTION in those quests that they're mad at you for killing Red drakes in Wetlands for the past few years, but kidnapping your queen and abusing her while enslaving her kind is OK?

Actually they are talking about the orcs in twihi that have been killing the dragons, not us. also they know the capture and abuse of their queen was a different people.

The only other I can think of is Saurfang, but I don't think he wants the title.

I have no idea. I agree about both Vol'jin and Saurfang, but I'm not too picky. I'm just tired of Thrall.

I think Baine is out simply because he doesn't have much experience as a leader. Even Garrosh had more before he took over.

That matters?

Yes it does, i don't like people who post on their alts as it means they wouldn't take that option openly, akin to hiding.

I have several "mains" I randomly switch between characters. It's not like we know who you are and please don't say it's because of "LOLOLARMORY" attacks :/. A point of view, statement and opinion are just that, regardless of which toon you post on.

EDIT: @ Karat, well I nominate him simply because he's fresh blood, was taught by Cairne his father and could potentially surprise us.