Hotfix for LFR rolling?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I've been running LFR for a while now on my 10 85's trying to gear them up. It's annoying when you run with a toon that needs a lot of new gear and multiple people in the LFR raid roll on gear that they already have or have better gear equipped. They are either rolling need on everything or rolling for someone else as a deal to trade at the end. It's really annoying because people who really need the gear aren't getting it. I've had cases where I have been the 2nd on many different rolls for gear and the person who wins already has the gear equipped (i.e., token gear). I doubt Blizzard will fix this since they are busy with MoP at the moment but it would be nice if a hotfix could be implemented where players can only roll on items that they don't own on that toon or items that don't match the spec that they are currently in (i.e., resto shaman rolling on ele or enh gear and winning)...
Blizzard isn't going to micromanage loot to the extent that you want.

Instead, they're simply going to change how loot drops work for MoP. There's a blog post up detailing the changes; I'd encourage you to read that.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
Have you read up on the changes to the loot system that is coming with MoP? Those changes are far from finished yet so it will take time before it can be implemented in-game.
Do I even need to post the response to this?
Funny thing, now with the 20% debuff, even this alt can get into PUG raids (not to say that I wasn't getting in earlier).

I don't care so much about LFR loot anymore.
05/05/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Kegg
Really wish the mods over on the CS forum would lock these instead of moving them. :l

It is the GM's that tell them to post on the forums after making a ticket. GM's can't help. If the customer is not happy per policy the GM's are to tell them to post their feedback in the forums for the developers to read. SFA's from the CS forum are also following policy to put the suggestion in the proper forum. You know who sets all these rules and policies? The development staff. I don't think they are going to lock any threads when a customer is making a suggestion about the game unless it violates forum rules. That is just not necessary and would be rude to their customers.
Just to touch on this bit, this thread has been moved to the R&D forums and I'm guessing you don't frequent them much. As per the forum rules on spam (which is what these threads on loot constitute), they will and have locked/deleted threads on on this issue because there are existing threads that have covered this.

Showing 1–10 of 3,932 results
05/05/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Tinkrbella
I don't think they are going to lock any threads when a customer is making a suggestion about the game unless it violates forum rules. That is just not necessary and would be rude to their customers.

if the top 3 threads including a post by the same person that posted in customer support are all on the same topic and someone posts a 4th that spam and its going to get locked. But because its moved here by customer support is somehow gets some special privileges and should not be locked as spam? Yes this happens both here and in professions.

As to the topic itself. Blizzard has already made multiple posts about the fact they are completely changing it next expansion. They have already made multiple posts their are technical reasons why they can't improve it further this expansion,let alone the OP suggestion boils down to give me loot because I deserve more then the next person.

Please explain why the OP's posts needs any further discussion beyond its stupid?
I totally agree, and sorry I totally missed the mark on my other post. Also sorry to derail this dead horse thread.

My point was the inherent flaw in their pass the buck system. GM's say sorry cannot help you per policy. If you do not like policy post in our customer service forums. Everyone almost always assumes that means customer support forum but it doesn't. It is just a term they use for all forums in general. So then the CS forum mods per policy have to move the posts that do not belong there to the correct forum per policy. Once they move it they cannot lock it. Moderators cannot cross moderate into other forums.

The developers need to change policy and tell the GM's (and other support staff) to stop having customers give feedback/suggestions on things that will be changing in MoP. We won't be getting new stuff until then so it is moot at this point.

05/05/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Nautisa
if the top 3 threads including a post by the same person that posted in customer support are all on the same topic and someone posts a 4th that spam and its going to get locked. But because its moved here by customer support is somehow gets some special privileges and should not be locked as spam? Yes this happens both here and in professions.

No, I do not think it should get special privileges at all. I was just saying they are not allowed to lock it and not move it as previous poster suggested. Also like my previous post said if it violates a forum rule (spam is the example you are giving) then absolutely it should be locked.

CS forums work different then others in that you are suppose to make a new thread for your own specific issue. Not post on to others. So you can have 10 threads about my account got hacked, or character transfer issue. That is not considered spam and they will not get locked. Because the mods there need to go in and help each person with their specific account it gets very difficult when you have several people posting on one thread.