Looking for one kind soul

New Player Help and Guides
Hello there,

Me and my friend have joined US from EU servers as we play late night. So when we're on at like 23:00 our time, it's 5/6pm your time.

But because we're both trial accounts, we can't group with each other.

All I'm asking is if one kind person would log on our server and create a group for us. You can leave immediately after. We're just a little stuck. And with 3x exp it's a bit beneficial to be grouped.

We're currently doing BG's together but after getting pwned in the face by fully geared BoA players, it can get a little tiring for the poor amount of EXP you gain :).

Lorely and Mogthroll
Since you're new to US servers (and I'm assuming US forums, as well), you really should read through the stickies up top before posting. Especially the one that says recruitment of any kind is not allowed in this forum.

The bottom line: even if you can't post anywhere else, you shouldn't necessarily post here.
what you're asking for is basically a bypass of the trial limitations...I'm not sure it'll stay up. besides, hen you log off you'd drop group automatically. unless you pull the chord :)
Since you're new to US servers (and I'm assuming US forums, as well), you really should read through the stickies up top before posting. Especially the one that says recruitment of any kind is not allowed in this forum.

The bottom line: even if you can't post anywhere else, you shouldn't necessarily post here.

Not recruiting. Just wanted to find someone to log in and group me and my friend. But thankfully someone did and has added us both to Real ID so he can keep doing it for us until our accounts are unlocked.
05/06/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Lorely
Not recruiting. Just wanted to find someone to log in and group me and my friend. But thankfully someone did and has added us both to Real ID so he can keep doing it for us until our accounts are unlocked.

From the sticky at the top of this forum:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021052699
Q. But I'm not recruiting!
A. In the eyes of the moderators, yes, you are. You're recruiting someone to reroll on a server or join you for leveling. Hence why the threads will be locked/deleted or moved to the appropriate forum. Posting on a realm forum has a better local audience for leveling partners anyway.
Okay Cptn' Kill Joy. Thread can be closed because it's purpose of it's opening has been solved.

Thanks.
From the sticky at the top of this forum:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021052699
Q. But I'm not recruiting!
A. In the eyes of the moderators, yes, you are. You're recruiting someone to reroll on a server or join you for leveling. Hence why the threads will be locked/deleted or moved to the appropriate forum. Posting on a realm forum has a better local audience for leveling partners anyway.
Lorely never said anything about recruiting for leveling. She just needs someone to invite to a group so she and her friend can level together.
05/06/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Vythrin
Lorely never said anything about recruiting for leveling. She just needs someone to invite to a group so she and her friend can level together.

Doesn't matter--even though Icedragon worded the sticky a certain way, the blue post she referenced in that sticky was incredibly vague, and the mods have been pretty consistent about locking / deleting / moving any and all threads asking ANYONE to do ANYTHING in-game that have been posted in this forum.

Until a mod comes back in and clarifies the original post, recruitment in this forum is effectively defined as seeking someone to do something with you in-game.
Is it just me, or does it seem as if Ryno thinks he has blue text?
05/06/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Selenagomeez
Is it just me, or does it seem as if Ryno thinks he has blue text?

Is it just me or does it seem like people want to argue with someone even though he's completely right?
Is it just me, or does it seem as if Ry thinks he has blue text?

Firstly, corrected for accuracy.

Secondly, I'm under no illusions that I have any actual authority in this or any other Blizzard-run forum. That being said, the regulars here (myself included) do what we can to ensure that this forum remains a clean, sensible, and useful resource for new players. That includes informing posters when they've breached the CoC or done something mods have previously stated is against the "spirit of the forum."

Half of what the regulars here in this forum do is answer questions from new / inexperienced players; the other half is reporting posts that violate the CoC or go against the "spirit of the forum." This is necessary if we wish to keep this forum usable and coherent, as there really isn't much mod involvement here unless a thread gets wildly out of hand.

I'm not the only regular who responds in a like manner to threads of this nature--I'm simply the one who responded to this thread. And that's pretty common on Sundays.
Gotcha, sorry for being a bit antagonizing. Seriously, I just took all that the wrong way.
05/06/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Selenagomeez
Gotcha, sorry for being a bit antagonizing. Seriously, I just took all that the wrong way.

Haha no worries :) It's a pretty common accusation, especially from posters who aren't 100% familiar yet with the way we try to do things here.
People just need to understand this forum is for one thing, helping people with information.
05/06/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Monmonn
People just need to understand this forum is for one thing, helping people with information.

This. This exactly. :)
05/06/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Monmonn

Stealing this quote and putting it in the sticky! With attribution, of course :)
I'd of posted this in the recruitment forums if that forum was open to me on my pending account. I didn't want to cause trouble, was looking for help, which I found.

Thanks all.
I'd of posted this in the recruitment forums if that forum was open to me on my pending account. I didn't want to cause trouble, was looking for help, which I found.

Thanks all.

For future reference, just because you can't post in the right place doesn't give you a free pass to post in the wrong place. That's like saying because I don't have a parking permit for the right lot I'll park in the handicap space without a tag.
I'd like to thank all the low level bank alts in both Org, and SW that have helped me form groups as a trial.
05/06/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Mestuk
I'd like to thank all the low level bank alts in both Org, and SW that have helped me form groups as a trial.

How exactly is this relevant to the discussion at hand?