Why am I so slow at leveling?

Rogue
I'm currently level 65. I'm so slow at leveling and I have NO idea at all why. I even use a quest guide for God's sake.
No heirlooms that boost exp gain and a level 1 guild.
Level 2 guild*. And I do have xp boosting heirlooms.
Well I'm sorry for not being able to afford all that !@#$. Blizzard has set out to smite me for not being a God at this game.
Get a flying mount (available @ Level 60) if you haven't got one yet, it makes questing x10 faster and easier.
Too bad I'm 25 gold off or else I would've bought one already.
Leveling gets slower after you leave Azeroth.
Also, your guild only reached lvl 2 about one hour ago, so you didn't even have that perk.
Blizzard spent a lot of time developing content, and it's not for people to just blaze through.

Leveling speed has been accelerated. It's still intended for people to level fairly slowly so they don't pass an expansion in 3 zones.
05/06/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Halflevel
Too bad I'm 25 gold off or else I would've bought one already.

How are you leveling? I've leveled a few toons in Cata and each time I've always had more than enough gold for mounts. If you're seriously having gold issues, level Skinning or pick up Herbalism/Mining. I actually made bank off Herbalism. When I hit 85 on my Worgen Rogue I had 10k gold. I've never tried out Mining or Skinning though.
-
You're also missing Dread Pirate Ring for a collective of 30% EXP boost. :P
Actually, I do put the time into the 'luxury items'.

How are you leveling? I've leveled a few toons in Cata and each time I've always had more than enough gold for mounts. If you're seriously having gold issues, level Skinning or pick up Herbalism/Mining. I actually made bank off Herbalism. When I hit 85 on my Worgen Rogue I had 10k gold. I've never tried out Mining or Skinning though.
-
You're also missing Dread Pirate Ring for a collective of 30% EXP boost. :P

I'm questing whilst being queued for dungeons. And yes I understand that I don't have a fishing BoA. I've tried to get i but I never do.

-

Sorry if i come out as: raging, mad, etc...
I'm just kind of mad because my friend keeps bagging on me for leveling so slow.
What's your /played at?
05/06/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Jpgman
Get a flying mount (available @ Level 60) if you haven't got one yet, it makes questing x10 faster and easier.

It'll pay for itself in no time if you have a gathering profession, especially mining where some of the nodes can be a pain to reach on a ground mount. And once you hit 70, spring for artisan flying. This is especially important in Northrend; otherwise you'll spend more time flying to/from quests than actually doing them. Easily worth the investment, at least if your time is worth more to you than the gold.

Some stretches of leveling just take longer than others. [edit: nevermind, you did say you're running randoms too]
05/06/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Knocrogue
What's your /played at?

6 days 23 hours 56 minutes
It'll pay for itself in no time if you have a gathering profession, especially mining where some of the nodes can be a pain to reach on a ground mount. And once you hit 70, spring for artisan flying. This is especially important in Northrend; otherwise you'll spend more time flying to/from quests than actually doing them. Easily worth the investment, at least if your time is worth more to you than the gold.

Some stretches of leveling just take longer than others. [edit: nevermind, you did say you're running randoms too]

I have a level 85 dk so I know how that works and such. I'd give myself gold but he's on the alliance.
People are so spoiled.
05/06/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Mordiss
People are so spoiled.

Cool bro. Wanna explain how?
05/06/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Halflevel
6 days 23 hours 56 minutes

You are doing something incredibly wrong. lol.
It only took me 3days and 2hrs to get my Worgen Rogue to 85.
But, I did have 30% additional EXP gain on you. But, 7 days and you're only 65... It's going to take you a month to finish that off. O.O

As for ideas for what is wrong, I honestly have no idea. All I did was Quests, Dungeon Quests(once I did the quests in said dungeon, no longer did the dungeon) and level Herbalism.
So, I don't know what to say... Maybe you are leveling in the wrong zones? Check the "Warchief's Command" board for zone direction.