Spell reflect explanation by GC??? LOL

Warrior
What devs think:
Every warrior knows when to use spell reflect at the correct time.

In reality:
Most warriors either don't use the ability or don't use it to reflect burst abilities such as Lavaburst, Pyroblast, and frostbolt.
ok this is what CG said:
"Spell Reflect is one of those mechanics that always feels weak to the warrior and overpowered to everyone else. We ran a bunch of internal BGs and Arenas and it was pretty universal that the casters were constantly having everything reflected if there was a warrior in the area."

how is that even possible to have everything reflected by an ability with a 30 sec CD that reflects 1 spell , what a bunch of BS i cant belive this guy and this company

"Freeze is one of those mechanics that always feels weak to the mage and overpowered to everyone else. We ran years of BGs and Arenas and it was pretty universal that the warriors were constantly having their asses frozen if there was a mage in the area."

Fixt?
not to mention everything we do needs rage that we never have..
this is why its 30 sec.

lets look at my 3s team.

Warrior, Enhance, Hpally.

lets look at the things a caster has to "juke"

windshear: every 5 sec

Pummel: every 10 sec

Rebuke: every 10 sec

There's lots of other factors like the interrupts that are going at the healer and rebuke and pummel are melee range, but you can see where i'm getting.

TL:DR. the Nerf is not based around 1v1 nor should it be, just like the rest of this game.

That being said 30 sec might still be a tad long.

Can I Have some of that crack?
From mmo champ
Warrior (Forums)
Baseline

Spell Reflection - Cooldown reduced to 25 sec, down from 30.

Talents

Mass Spell Reflection - Reworded. 60 sec cooldown added.
Piercing Howl - Range reduced to 10 yards, down from 20.

Glyph of Spell Reflection - No longer reduces the cooldown on Mass Spell Reflection.

Gotta love it
Why don't they just cut the reflected damage 50% and lessen reflected CCs to 3 secs. This way they can lower the CD to 10 secs and still be balanced. I don't want to reflect big damage I don't need to reflect a 8 sec CC on someone. I just need something to do on casters as i'm 15 yards away and charge/leap are on CD.
OR even a damn spell block that has a 20% chance to reflect and 10 sec CD.
Why not make it a 5 sec cd? Every other class has a spamm cc or a dependable back up machanic for self healing. If spell reflect was more versatile meaning we could negate anything magical including rof and frost nova we could do someting.
Or they could put Sr on a 20 sec cd baseline, MSR on a 40 sec baseline then have the glyph allow SR to reflect 2 spells and reduce the cd of them both by 5 sec, and not do this gimmicky stuff they are pulling now by acting like there always has to be a catch to warrior abilities
05/08/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Caargon
Torage you're not over 1800 in arenas or 800 in rbgs....leave the discussion to people who pvp well. Thanks.

Oh god, people trying to play this card is just my favorite thing in the world. Especially since the guy you're badmouthing has hit higher ratings than you in every area of PvP.

haha I love you
Hey GC.. how does getting pissed off at ONE reflected spell compare to 6 secs of Absolute spell immunity???
05/08/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Torage
TL:DR. the Nerf is not based around 1v1 nor should it be, just like the rest of this game.

TL;DR you should probably read up on patch notes before dismissing valid concerns.

ALL INTERRUPT CDS HAVE BEEN INCREASED TO 15 SECONDS.

There is even more CC in MoP then there is in Cataclysm. Our ONLY defense while CC'd against a caster is spell reflect. The same cannot be said for literally every other melee that have reliable low cd root breakers/movement speed increases/ranged slows/spell immunities.

We are purposely being left in a position where we cannot be self-sufficient while every single other spec/class in the game is. There is no excuse for this.
See my long lasted thread on the subject http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362523437

Spell Reflect just needs to change, the constant bugs, glitches, and other problems caused by this tiny bit of flavor is just ridicules.

Back in the day warriors had tuns to do when in a shield to make it less harsh but as of MoP SR is arguable the last ability with this crummy mechanic and that just needs to change.

Change it to just need weapons instead and let is hit the spells back like baseball.

Increase it's CD or reduce damage done by X% if it's to powerful or name it Spell Deflection and have it just bounce it away.

Anything at this point would be better then what we have now.

We better keep pushing this in the Beta Forums! lol
It's not like you should be using SR on CD.
05/11/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Nefariouz
It's not like you should be using SR on CD.

Allot of casters don't get this.
05/08/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Caargon
Torage you're not over 1800 in arenas or 800 in rbgs....leave the discussion to people who pvp well. Thanks.

Oh god, people trying to play this card is just my favorite thing in the world. Especially since the guy you're badmouthing has hit higher ratings than you in every area of PvP.

Didnt even read his armory did you? He has no CR but he's been over 2k in RBGs.
He's trying to subtlety hint that there are devs that actually play warriors.