I will never play World of Warcraft again

Oceanic General Discussion
According to Blizzards new automatic dethroning policy if a Guild Leader has been inactive for 30 days it goes to the next highest rank that has played in the past 7 days. For someone that may have created a guild years ago THIS IS A SICK STRATEGY to force you to keep playing each month till the day you die or quit the game.

Fortunately for me Ive already quit this game but for different reasons, and I will never play World of Warcraft again or any game made by Blizzard

Full story: www.facebook.com/TEAM666
can i have you stuff
I wouldnt say its a strategy to keep you playing but what about other people in the guild who are left behind... someone should take charge to keep the guild alive plus if whoever is ranked high enough im guessing their somewhat reliable in order for them to be promoted to a higher rank.
Gulid dethrone policy has changed - It's now 90 days now and can only be claimed by people in the first 4 ranks (note GM is considered rank 1).

For more information refer to this CS Forum Post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4496509625
Best way to actually quit is to Delete all toons and if you have heirloom items send them to a lvl one then delete your main,I have never tried to delete and Heirloom so I am not sure if that's possible.
I "quit" wow for six months but came back to end Cata and start MoP as I think those two periods of a expansion are the funnest times to play, I hate daily's and all the other stupid time sinks Blizzard comes up with.
Bit behind the curve, hey?
The guild dethroning policy has always been in-place, just now it is automated to lower ticket times. They also recently changed the policy to require 90 days of inactivity.
I actually think it's a good idea in theory, but wasn't a good move for my guild, as my old GM had to hand the guild to someone else to protect the guild, as she didn't want the guild to fall into the wrong hands or whatever. That was a bit frustrating, as she was the best GM I ever had, but I do understand the reasons.
If you actually bother to read his facebook rant (don't blame you if you can't be bothered 2bh) its a pretty horrible story of account and guild theft and the incompetence of the customer relations employees at blizzard.
I can't think of any legitimate reason for a GM to not log in for 30 days. If you quit why would you care what happens to your guild? If for some bizarre reason you want to quit but keep "your" guild just kick everyone before you leave. No sympathy.

05/22/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Elae
I actually think it's a good idea in theory, but wasn't a good move for my guild, as my old GM had to hand the guild to someone else to protect the guild, as she didn't want the guild to fall into the wrong hands or whatever. That was a bit frustrating, as she was the best GM I ever had, but I do understand the reasons.

If your GM was quitting anyway why does it matter if she passed on the reins? Without a GM a guild can't function properly.
I can't think of any legitimate reason for a GM to not log in for 30 days. If you quit why would you care what happens to your guild? If for some bizarre reason you want to quit but keep "your" guild just kick everyone before you leave. No sympathy.

If your GM was quitting anyway why does it matter if she passed on the reins? Without a GM a guild can't function properly.

That isnt completely true. Back in Wrath, I joined some random raiding guild. Noticed the guld master hadnt been online in about 5 months, asked them about it. They didnt seem to know you could ticket a GM about it. But could control everything important, they still raided weekly. Not sure why they didnt just all leave and make another guild though.
"quote from the facebook thread":

In 2012 Dragon Soul we reached the top 200 World Rankings for 8/8 Hard mode Boss kills, 2nd on the Server and had 1000 members, If i may just direct you too wowprogress

These were the kills that you guys brought right? You guys were something like 1/8HM 10 man one week and 8/8HM 25's a couple of weeks later right?